• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Bud that has been rubbed for kief DISappreciation thread

Know you're source and problems like this won't come your way. If someone kiefed my bud's before I got them I would kick their ass.

Unfortunately, some modern automatic trimmers also seems to remove the outer trichomes as well, thanks to the rotating drum action and some people that aren't keeping them up properly. In some cases it may not be intentional keifing, but their source using automatic trimmers to trim mass quantities of material rapidly.

i've never heard of this practice and would imagine that someone would have to be pretty desperate to be using it as a profit making scheme. or stupid i guess, but I really doubt you can extract all that much kief from a whole bud without freezing or drying it to point of crumble. and even then, without grinding it up there would be all the crystals left in the center of the buds. all you would be doing is dusting the exterior of the bud. No matter how it was done I think it would be visually apparent. there would also be a big difference between the amount of crystals on the outside of the bud and the interior of the bud.

There are a lot of other factors that could cause this, like evenflow has mentioned, automatic trimmers is one of them. Also, if the bud got pollinated, picked too early, or improperly cured it may look OK but smoke like shit. Hermaphrodited weed that got hit late looks like bomb weed but with hardly any crystals.

it's much harder to tell with most other drugs, but with weed you can tell by look and smell. it takes some practice, but i can spot moldy bud in a matter of minutes upon looking at it. use a LED and look at it closely- anything that is dull or not reflective is probably mold,mildew or plant matter. top shelf will be glowing in glittery like crystals when put underneath an LED. Give a couple nugs a good squeeze and smell multiple times. If you are getting a lot don't be afraid to crack open a couple of the larger buds and inspect the big ones. Even experienced growers will get mold or mites from time to time. there are usually a lot of middle men involved, and some may not even know what they are passing on. take your time when making a deal, usually you only get to make it once.

How common is this practice? So far it's only happened to me once, but others have told me about 'stripped' or 'screened' batches they've gotten.

That kind of weed's been around several times in Southern MD, but my connects are always straight up about it. Price drops a fair bit too.

Me, personally, I've never seen nor do I know of anyone that's been unknowingly sold tree like that. In the circles I find myself running through, we're pretty god damn honest about our drugs. It's usually a take-it-or-leave-it-but-either-way-we're-still-about-to-smoke-a-blunt kind of situation.

I understand this has already been mentioned, but I'll say it again.

You really need to start growing. It's the ultimate way to be a) self sufficient and save a ton of money and b) get better-than top shelf, organic bud with few, if any harmful pesticides or fungicides. Growing gives you access to strains you simply would not be able to find in pretty much any dispensary and it gives you a sense of accomplishment. Granted, not everyone has a green thumb, but anyone can learn to grow one or two plants in a small cupboard in the corner of your room or the attic or basement. If you wanted to you could set up a perpetual grow to give you a regular and frequent supply of bud every month.

The idea that dispensaries are tumbling off trichomes before sale is really shocking. The whole point of dispensaries it to get away from the sorts of shady practices you would get from shady dealers in times of complete cannabis prohibition so it is completely out of order. It really is unacceptable and you shouldn't have to deal with that sort of shit, so I would seriously think about just saying fuck it, and throwing in the towel and growing for yourself. It would turn into a rewarding hobby in its own right, so the little effort would not be a chore but a pleasure. Even if I didn't smoke I probably would grow anyway just because the plant is gorgeous and growing it is so much fun. There are some costs involved in making a set up but if you're careful, you can make a 'grow room' or 'grow area' with very little resources. If you use the money you would spend on shitty dispensary weed after quitting for a short time, you could have the money very quickly.

If you ever needed any help or guidance in putting together the setup, I would give you advice as would other knowledgeable growers here on on other forums. Just ask me or anyone else and you'll get the advice you need.

^
If it weren't stupidly punishable legal here (canada) i would start growing my own; but it's not worth several years in jail for "drug production" If I were to get caught.
If you are in a legal state or are a medicinal marijuana patient the best thing to do is grow. From what I understand it's actualy quite simple and not very costly (much less costly than buying it)

Rubbing bud for kief is a thing?

Jesus, that sort of treachery deserves punishment by firing squad.

I understand this has already been mentioned, but I'll say it again.

You really need to start growing. It's the ultimate way to be a) self sufficient and save a ton of money and b) get better-than top shelf, organic bud with few, if any harmful pesticides or fungicides. Growing gives you access to strains you simply would not be able to find in pretty much any dispensary and it gives you a sense of accomplishment. Granted, not everyone has a green thumb, but anyone can learn to grow one or two plants in a small cupboard in the corner of your room or the attic or basement. If you wanted to you could set up a perpetual grow to give you a regular and frequent supply of bud every month.

The idea that dispensaries are tumbling off trichomes before sale is really shocking. The whole point of dispensaries it to get away from the sorts of shady practices you would get from shady dealers in times of complete cannabis prohibition so it is completely out of order. It really is unacceptable and you shouldn't have to deal with that sort of shit, so I would seriously think about just saying fuck it, and throwing in the towel and growing for yourself. It would turn into a rewarding hobby in its own right, so the little effort would not be a chore but a pleasure. Even if I didn't smoke I probably would grow anyway just because the plant is gorgeous and growing it is so much fun. There are some costs involved in making a set up but if you're careful, you can make a 'grow room' or 'grow area' with very little resources. If you use the money you would spend on shitty dispensary weed after quitting for a short time, you could have the money very quickly.

If you ever needed any help or guidance in putting together the setup, I would give you advice as would other knowledgeable growers here on on other forums. Just ask me or anyone else and you'll get the advice you need.

^ This.

Fuck paying for weed, why pay some clown an arm and a leg for shit that is not as good as what you can produce for very little cost, it makes no sense at all...

When you grow you get to choose the smoke you like best, sativa, indica or a mix in between. You pick the genetics, you select the phenotype based on your preferences in high and taste. You know exactly what went into it, you can manicure and cure it to your preferred standard. The truth is there are a lot of awesome strains out there that will never be grown for profit on a large scale because they just take too long to flower and/or do not yield as much as other strains. Unless you have a buddy who grows you will probably not have the pleasure of trying them unless you grow them yourself, and even if you do have a grower buddy, if you smoke with any regularity you aren't going to be able to rely on them for all your smoking needs.

There is not one downside to growing that I can see, sure there are legal consequences if caught, but that is true of smoking as well. So long as you are producing reasonable quantities for one or two people who don't spend all day every day smoking constantly then I think the risk of getting caught is lower than having to deal with criminals on a weekly basis to pick up.

ChipTrippyFox I am not familiar with the law where you live but I doubt if growing carries a much more serious penalty than possession if you are legitimately only growing for yourself. Honestly, so long as you follow the three golden rules of no sell, no smell (a carbon filter is a worthwhile investment ;)) and no tell the law should not be of great concern any way.

Last edited:
drug_mentor said:
There is not one downside to growing that I can see, sure there are legal consequences if caught, but that is true of smoking as well. So long as you are producing reasonable quantities for one or two people who don't spend all day every day smoking constantly then I think the risk of getting caught is lower than having to deal with criminals on a weekly basis to pick up.

No sell, no tell, no smell, no yell
Your chance of a bust is low as hell
;)

To sift any noticeable amount of hash the bud has to be bone dry & broken up, it'll break up during sifting anyway. So, I think you'd easily notice from the appearance.

Some weed is better than others & it's possible to get a tolerance to the point where average bud (or below average) just wont get you high.

^ This.

Fuck paying for weed, why pay some clown an arm and a leg for shit that is not as good as what you can produce for very little cost, it makes no sense at all...

When you grow you get to choose the smoke you like best, sativa, indica or a mix in between. You pick the genetics, you select the phenotype based on your preferences in high and taste. You know exactly what went into it, you can manicure and cure it to your preferred standard. The truth is there are a lot of awesome strains out there that will never be grown for profit on a large scale because they just take too long to flower and/or do not yield as much as other strains. Unless you have a buddy who grows you will probably not have the pleasure of trying them unless you grow them yourself, and even if you do have a grower buddy, if you smoke with any regularity you aren't going to be able to rely on them for all your smoking needs.

ChipTrippyFox I am not familiar with the law where you live but I doubt if growing carries a much more serious penalty than possession if you are legitimately only growing for yourself. Honestly, so long as you follow the three golden rules of no sell, no smell (a carbon filter is a worthwhile investment ;)) and no tell the law should not be of great concern any way.

huh.. when you put it that way :O
If I lived on my own and not in such a closed quarters apartment complex I would certainly be giving this a big consideration