• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Bud that has been rubbed for kief DISappreciation thread

MyDoorsAreOpen

Bluelight Crew
Yeah, I know these times are economically hard. I'm a fairly frugal guy -- I grew up reusing teabags, lining my garbage cans with plastic shopping bags, and turning down the heat in winter once we felt warm.

But god DAMN, do I hate paying top going prices for what WAS top shelf marijuana, before all the surface trichomes were rubbed off with a screen. I know that what I bought SHOULD BE good bud. It smells and looks like it. It burns like it. But it just doesn't get me nearly as high, and isn't sticky, even when fresh.

How common is this practice? So far it's only happened to me once, but others have told me about 'stripped' or 'screened' batches they've gotten. To me, this is even sneakier than selling a very seedy or stemmy bag for a high price. I expect there to be some unsmokable parts, because removing them all would actually degrade the quality of the smokable parts, to a large extent. This is just like buying a fruit -- I'll pay for the weight of a mango seed and skin before I'll pay for pre-cut mango slices of questionable freshness.

But I find it absolutely unacceptable to pay for product that has much of the most important part removed.

Some of you who are (or have been) also coke or heroin users, who are too accustomed to watered down product to have any sympathy for me, are probably going to tell me to suck it up. I guess a part of me is just sad at seeing what used to be a freely shared 'love drug' turn more and more into a pure for-profit, dog-eat-dog business. :\

Is it still acceptable to ask to try a bit of weed before you buy it? I know this used to be common practice. Unfortunately, I've found most of the deals I've been the buyer in have not been set up as situations where this is practically feasible.

I need a screen or keif catcher in my grinder, i can't tell really if its bad weed i get or its been keifed (i'm not fortunate enough to buy exotic brandname haha).

I guess i'll have to suck it up until i can grow my own haha. But yeah it does suck, i've had top-quality herb before that has made me question if its been keifed or not.

Ugh, this practice makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it...

I've not had this happen to me yet(since I moved to SoCal, it happened a couple of times back east, which was completely fucked!), and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't. Although my main connect is mostly business, they wouldn't even pull that shit. Whatever happened to the love behind all of this? It's not dead, but it's somewhere down a long, dark hospital hallway in a dirty, tightly cramped room, lying there on the bed, on life-support.

BRING BACK THE <3 !!!!

And personally, I'd be confronting that connect and calling bullshit on them, and most likely never throwing them any business again.

Much love,
stonedandrolling89

So what exactly are they doing to the weed? I understand screening it for trichomes, so they get some high quality hash without decreasing the weight of the buds significantly. But what does the bud look like after they screen it? Whenever I've screened hash from my homegrown, the buds look damaged and it's kinda obvious, or they're significantly broken up by the process. I've never had this happen to me before, and I don't think it's as common in Canada. So what does the bud look like that you got? Was it in tight nugs, or fluffy? Whole buds or broken up? What quantity we talking here, and had it been done to all of it?

p.s. I think this practice is a disgrace.

What I do is confront the asshole in a calm way about his shitty weed and then stop buying from the dude. If I'm a frequent buyer he'll get the hint and probably call up with the good stuff only.

This has worked with a few of my dealers after I got shit coke (basically 3 grams of flour and a .5 g of yayo, bunk pills and skank weed.

Honestly keifing weed is pretty much as low as it gets in the pot game, especially when doing it to a valued customer.

makes me furious.

if i get it from a dealer i'm close with, i'll let them know that it's garbage. if it's not, i just won't go to them again. i've really only seen this happen with beasters though, and if you're buying beasters, you're basically accepting a 30-60% chance that it'll be total shit anyways.

it's just so fucking depressing going about your day, knowing that when it's time to smoke, you're going to feel completely unsatisfied.

it just comes down to trust. it sucks that sometimes you get skinned by a few dickheads before you find one you can trust.

I don't support cutting drugs or whatever, but honestly, what's wrong with greed?

If you deal it is a felony charge. It is possible time in jail and ruining your life. If you got the hustle in you then I'm sure it's about the profit and greed and not some hippy ass love everyone feeling. Shit's a dangerous industry. Stop crying over rubbed bud, christ.

I don't support cutting drugs or whatever, but honestly, what's wrong with greed?

If you deal it is a felony charge. It is possible time in jail and ruining your life. If you got the hustle in you then I'm sure it's about the profit and greed and not some hippy ass love everyone feeling. Shit's a dangerous industry. Stop crying over rubbed bud, christ.

Dealers know what they are getting into when they start selling... if they aren't going to do it right, they shoudn't do it at all. Basically what your saying is a dealer who sells in a state with very high penatlies sahould be forgiven for kiefing or shorting a bag of pot... because its "a dangerous industry"..... Im not gonna cry over "rubbed" bud, even though I feel like it when it happens... I just STOP buying pot from that person.....

and to the OP who mentioned beasters.... Beasters are ALWAYS kiefed, When I smoked beasters regularly and got rid of some (2003-2006) I probably ran into about 100 pounds of beasters in those three years. There was only one time when it wasnt kiefed..... ONLY ONCE!

You do realize this isn't some legal industry, correct? It's not like running a small legit. business that you can operate in the open and not be jailed for. If you feel so strongly then start selling / growing for yourself. Any successful enterprise is concerned about making money FIRST and that goes especially true for a successful black market enterprise.

You do realize this isn't some legal industry, correct? It's not like running a small legit. business that you can operate in the open and not be jailed for. If you feel so strongly then start selling / growing for yourself. Any successful enterprise is concerned about making money FIRST and that goes especially true for a successful black market enterprise.

First of all businesses that continually fuck over their client base don't become successful. Second your idea of fast money doesn't make sense. Most dealers don't sell for a week and then retire. They do it for years, and if you want to make money you take care of the people who fund you.

But of course theirs always going to be dicks out their that think that just because its illegal that gives them the right to be... well dicks.

You know, this problem could be cleared up without a problem if the buyer was allowed to put a tiny pinch of the stuff in a oney and try it. Even at low doses, good pot is is distinguishable from shitty pot.

Finding a good connect is not always easy, especially for a busy man who's not an adolescent anymore, and doesn't regularly run in the circles where pot is frequently sold. I don't plan on buying again from the guy who sold me the crappy batch I got, because I don't continue to patronize businesses, legal or not, that don't treat their customers right.

I can't say this has ever happened to me, or that I've even ever heard of it. But wouldn't you be able to tell when you look at the bud its been fucked with, and that it's not fluffy and dankalicious looking?

Not all decent bud is fluffy, IME. But even if it's not, it's usually still crystalline.

Not all decent bud is fluffy, IME. But even if it's not, it's usually still crystalline.

When you are buying a bag of shake, be very wary!

I always wonder how it came to be in that form, if it is the bottom of an ounce then fair play, but spinning weed and then selling it is not OK.

I always ask how it came to be that way, got to love fat juicy buds.

MDAO - I have a kief box.

I buy a lot of midgrade pot, at least an ounce a week. 99% of the time it's EXCLUSIVELY for me. Because it's EXCLUSIVELY for me 99% of the time I run my ounces through a kief box and extract about a gram of kief and add it to my jar. I have a stash of probably 7-10g of kief.

Anyways, on the rare occasion a family member or close friend needs some, since I'm not a dealer I can't help them out usually, but getting to the point, on occasion some pre-kiefed pot makes its way to the hands of someone else, always without monetary remuneration, I don't feel the least bit bad.

Netting/ silk screening is used to remove the trichomes from the plant material. The material is usually later sold to california clubs along with unsuspecting individuals- if its good quality trich layered bud you wouldnt notice after a light screening. this practice for resale is unarguable DOOSCH & people like that shouldnt be near the medical community imo.