• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Bud Package gone wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucifersam666

Bluelight Crew
Hey guys,
I am going to give some background information, and my story. I really would like feedback from anyone that has been in a similar situation.

Okay, I will start by stating that I am not a radical human nor am I (too) sketchy. I strive to make decisions by being logical and rational. Anyways..My connect, we will call Jeff, is a similar fellow. (Both college students). "Smart men will use words and dumb men will fight" this sort of wraps up me and my connect's personality and relation. So I've been in the bud game for about 8 months now. Nothing serious, it has always been under an lb. So one day i went to Jeff's house to pick up a qp, and he offered me an opportunity to make some extra cash. His proposal was easy.
He asked if he could use my address to get packages shipped, and for every lb he will give me an oz. I shook his hand right then and there. done! haha.
So, if that didn't make sense to you, i'll say it this way - A 5 lb package was sent to my house, and I got 5 oz for free just for letting him use my address. (every time was a 5 lb package so that meant every time i got a qp + 1 for free hehe).
Anyways, the last time it came, shit got weird. I just got home and was taking a shit when i got a call from jeff. he said some shit like "hey bro, there should be a package on your doorstep. sorry for the short notice, i just found out from my connect" -mind you, he was more sincere and apologetic in real life. I was a little upset but wasn't tripping, it just threw me off a little bit. totally unexpected. But hey, it was payday for me too haha.
Side note: this was as organized as possible. i knew when jeff sent his connect the money, when jeffs connect got the money, the day/time the package was shipped out, the expected arrival day/time, tracking number, etc. Also, i hadn't been on my front porch that day, i enter from the side door.

Ok, so to sum this all up: my place was where bud was mailed. i would get a pay out of it. and everyone was happy. the last time it happened, it was unexpected with no planning. all i knew was that jeff had given his connect the money a few days prior to the unexpected package delivery.
So, I grabbed the package and took it to jeff's house.
when he opened the package, there was no bud at all. my heart skipped a beat. the package (every time) was a big box, with a smaller box inside. peanuts and bubble wrap in-between the 2 boxes with the product(bud) snug in the inner box. the 5 lb came in 5 different bags vac sealed multiple times. it was legit. and all of it is wrapped in some silver bubblewrap looking shit. so when he opened the box, everything seemed good, and the inner box even had the silver bubblewrap blanket wrapped and wadded up to where it looked like bud was underneath it. (I apologize if some of that didn't make since, i am just trying to be as descriptive as possible to reduce unnecessary questions).
We then closely analyzed the box and packaging. We noticed that there was less peanuts than usual, and that the tape around both boxes had been cut, and resealed. Two layers of tape. Jeff called his connect and informed him that the package arrived and there was nothing inside of it.
Side note: There is absolutely no way he ripped off jeff because they have been doing a lot of business in the passed year. He wouldn't have ripped off jeff over only 5 lb. doesn't make sense. I don't think that the laws obtained it because the package still arrived on my doorstep and looked legit until further examination. I got pressed pretty hard by some ppl who aren't as nice as i am. and i obviously didn't steal there shit. i'm an honorable human being.
I have so many questions!!
QUESTIONS:
-Has this ever happened to anyone? (received a package but the product was missing)

-has anyone had any similar experiences?

-Who could have stolen the bud? (mail workers? laws? neighbors? <-it was only on the doorstep for an hour or 2 and the way my yard is set up is very private so nobody could see my porch anyways. also, again, it definitely wasn't jeff's connect b/c they do great business plus he sent him a picture of the receipt from the post office to prove it)

-is there a better way of retracing the steps?

-is it common for the workers at the mail spot to steal?

Really just any feedback for a discussion would be helpful

Thanks guys!:\

This is not something that anybody here can help you with.

I suggest going down to your post office & telling them exactly what happened.

There's not really anything you could do. Just count yourself lucky that SWAT didn't hit your door.

I hope those packages didn't have your name or Jeff's name on them.

Crazy, i don't think anybody here can help you, if it looked like it had been opened at one point and then retaped it could have been somebody from the post office or even the mailman that spotted it but i doubt that and i also doubt it was neighbors as they wouldn't return the box, sounds like a inside job, maybe the connect pulled a fast one on you guys and made it look tampered with so you wouldn't suspect him, maybe it was jeff trying to scam you and put the blame on you so you would pay for it to cover his ass, don't you have cameras on your porch? I know i would.. It sounds fishy cause your normal routine got messed up, did anybody else know about the packages and when they were coming like close friends or anything? Might of been a close associate. Like i said it just sounds fishy and like a inside job, if you wanna call it that..

IMO there are just too many risks involved with mail order drugs and thats why i would never trust it and i damn sure would never let somebody use my address for 5lbs of bud, the paranoia and the fact im responsible for it would be overwhelming..

Hope all works out for you..

The only thing I could think of is either a mail worker or someone that knows Jeff (which is obviously not a real name). But I wonder how common that really is. The fact of the arrival being so unexpected, and the short period of time it was chillen on the porch really makes me question. Fishy as fuck. I agree with your opinion man. I would never put down any cash for a risk like that, but during rough financial times, It was an easy way to get extra income. This one is going to keep me thinking tonight... thanks

Last edited:
Kaden_Nite
Well, I clearly don't need help with this subject. It's more so intended for an open discussion with anyone with similar experiences. Just a way to brainstorm and bounce ideas, as well as share stories.
Also, you may need to rethink your suggestion. Now I am concerned for the well-being of your mental state.

Last edited:
There's not really anything you could do. Just count yourself lucky that SWAT didn't hit your door.

I hope those packages didn't have your name or Jeff's name on them.

I really don't think SWAT would "hit" my door. Maybe a different department, but even so I doubt that they would kick in my door. If they did, the situation would be in my favor if they didn't have a warrant. It might be better for them to build a case before they "hit my door".
Also, the anonymity of the package should be implied. But I posted this for people to discuss among similar situations; brainstorm. Maybe this isn't the right location for this post?

Thanks for the advice, man. Have fun with the 5 pounds of ganja you don't have!

I really don't think SWAT would "hit" my door. Maybe a different department, but even so I doubt that they would kick in my door. If they did, the situation would be in my favor if they didn't have a warrant. It might be better for them to build a case before they "hit my door".
Also, the anonymity of the package should be implied. But I posted this for people to discuss among similar situations; brainstorm. Maybe this isn't the right location for this post?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/30/AR2008073003299.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_Heights,_Maryland_mayor's_residence_drug_raid

That guy was the former Mayor and the SWAT team came in and killed both of his dogs.

I wrote an essay here, hit send and then.... nothing. So fuck that, I'm not typing more than 1000 words on this shit again.

OP: You're connect either sent you an empty box, your connect's transporter emptied the box before mailing it, or one of the many postal workers emptied the box as it came across their work area(s).

Police are not involved. If they were, you would've been made to sign for the package and arrested the second they had documentation of your acceptance.

Your problem lies in the chain-of-custody from dealer to transporter to postal service to delivery driver.If I were in your shoes and using a connect that I trust, I personally would be 100% sure that the contents were stolen and not officially confiscated.

Side-note: If USPS found 5lbs of marijuana inside a packaged destined to your address (with or without your name on it) and then alerted local law enforcement, you can rest assured that their probable cause case is already being built and they're going to have that warrant for the destination address before you even think something's wrong with the shipment. It's kind of how the whole "Hey guys, let's raid a house"-thing works-- surprise is key, as is preparation. Preparation in this case would be finding the drugs, finding the house and, if they can't get you to personally accept the package, then determining that "there's a pattern of drug activity at said residence," along with a few pictures of different people in or around your house and *BINGO* "We got our warrant, boys, let's go!"

Basically, just don't sign for anything illicit. If they ask for your signature, refuse the package. I'd rather lose a couple thousand than a handful of years.

Last edited:
closing this since it's not directly related to cannabis. it sounds like Jeff was dealing with darknet vendors, there's a subreddit r/darknetmarkets where you might find some responses from people who have gone through similar experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.