• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Bruising from heroin injecting.

ballsdeep927

Greenlighter
Ok so i just started shooting myself, and it took alot of practice, so my arms are really brusied up. To the point where it's hard for me to find veins. Any ideas how to get rid of them?

Injection-IV-Complications-and-Information-MEGATHREAD-and-FAQ-II
any questions you may have can easily be found by using Bluelight's internal search engine. It is an AMAZING tool!!! It is located at the top of every page just under the log out function. By using the Advanced Search function you can easily narrow down your search results.
I'll throw you a bone this time ;)
As a long time Iv user who has recently quit,I do not advocate or recommend IV use-I say this is all honesty and sincerity for the sake of Harm Reduction.
However,If you chose this ROA you need to be well informed and practice correct and safe IV techniques. PLEASE read the above link I posted for you as it will tell you ALL you need to know.
BE safe and STAY safe.

Much peace and love..............................skillz =D

ps-it is possible that the moderators in this forum may merge this post with others that are similar-creating one thread. That is why the search engine is SO helpful. :D
peace

Thankyou I appreciate it. I just started and know alott about it. I just don't know a quicker way to get rid of the bruises. Does it cover that?

please don't take this the wrong way-other members,especially,Moderators will not walk you through this like I am. Part of being a responsible drug user is doing the research for yourself. KNOWLEDGE is POWER.
Using the search engine, typed in "covering track marks"
here is a thread that came up in the results...and yea THIS one covers bruising. You still need to read the link i originally posted. When I was an active IV user,I had no bruises or track marks bc I practiced PROPER IV TECHNIQUES. rotate your sites-DO NOT re use needles-know your veins,ect...
again,not to sound brass-just tough love.<3
READ and learn....and BE SAFE....and take advantage of the search engine! it is your friend ;)

Much peace and love..................skillz =D

lol i actually read the whole page and wrote it all down. there was alott of really useful stuff. and i've actually been googling the bruise thing for the past 2 days, and suprisngly havn't really got much feedback. But thankyou soooo much. I'm really grateful you did this for me, and I'll deffinately check out that link too. :)

To minimize bruising, you'll want to be careful while hitting your veins. The more times you puncture the vein, or if you stab through both sides, this will produce the worst bruising.

Some veins will bruise more than others. You might want to try out a few different veins, and see which ones bruise the least.

Applying mild pressure with sterile cotton after the injection can help reduce bruising as well. :)

Use a new needle every time. I rarely IV, but I have noticed such a difference between using a new needle, and using that needle again. There would be no bruise at all the first time, then there would usually be one of those brown/green looking bruises when I re-used my needle.

Using a new needle every time is essential in both minimizing bruises, and more importantly infection.

You may just bruise easily also, I don't IV drugs but have awful veins, so when I have blood tests done (when the actually manage to get a vein lol) I bruise up instantly no matter how gentle they are or how small the needle is. If it's bad technique obv you can remedy that, but if you are like me, you're screwed.

yeah same here. and don't have enough iron, so i should start eating lots of iron.

and i was reusing a needle for a min there thinging it would be fine.... but obviously not hahaha

Yeh I'm anaemic too. Eat lots of steak and green leafy veg, spinach broccoli etc. I used to take an iron supplement but as I am on opiates for pain, my stomach already has issues and the iron supplements make it worse.

This is normal. Pull the needle out slowly & apply pressure to the injetion site for a couple minute afterwards.

That doesn't work with me either doppel, like I said some people just bruise easy, I had bloods taken on Tuesday and I warned the nurse about my veins like I always do, she then got a tiny tiny needle and the bruise started as soon as she registered. I've always been the same. I'd be a shit junky lol they normally have to go in my hand or sometimes my foot, but I have to get it done at hospital when they have to go in that way, and sign a special form too.

yeah i have iron pills that have been sitting in my room since last january, but i cant mix them with other drugs so i havn't takin them. plus i have really bad anxiety so am paranoid ill die if i take them

If your issue with bruising is that others can see it and possibly know what you are up to you could try injecting in the veins around your ankles and on the top of your feet. I know ppl feel that they need to inject closer to their heart and/or brain to get a rush, if that's important to you I can understand you might not want to try it. But it will all get in your blood stream either way and as long as you wear socks no one is going to see any brusing if your injecting techniques are not steady which will increase the likelyhood of bruising.

Feet and ankles killed for me..I dont bruise so i cant add anything except that it hurt me on my feet and ankles...I use the vein on the back of my forearm...

If you take Aspirin - stop. That'll make you bruise less easily (Aspirin makes your blood thinner.)

I was lucky, I was shown how to IV by a medical professional. If you do it right, you'll almost never bruise.

Mind if I share a story or two? I'll add my wisdom on clearing up bruises afterwards.

I once knew and tried to assist two people who started shooting up. One lost her right arm, another lost his life.

The one that lost her arm decided to shoot up a bit too much in the same place and scarred up her veins to the point where bloodflow was down a lot into her arms. She ended up falling asleep with her weight on her arm for a day, cutting off the circulation even more. She lost that arm becuse it died from lack of oxygen.

The other simply shot up too much, hit him too fast, and was killed from falling asleep and not breathing.

I know tobacco is an old remedy for bruises, and there are instructions on how to take some out of a relatively chemical/additive-free brand of cigarettes and how to make a preparation out of it to apply to the bruise. The nicotine improves circulation, helping to heal the bruise markedly faster.

I helped you all out a bit with my trick for bruises (I use it on bumps, injuries, and after blood donations. I don't shoot up, though), but I really hope you listened to my storys above. Please don't become one of those cases. You'll lose everything. :(

I'm writing this because I give a damn and actually care about people like you all. I can relate somewhat to you through experiences of my own and the many sad cases of those who fall prey to shooting drugs.

Seek out someone to talk to, perhaps? I know and strive to help dozens of addicts. None I have yet met managed to shoot drugs and not lose huge parts of their life to it. Some died, like the guy I talked about.

I'm not trying to be a dick. I just can't help but hope that someone somewhere might have taken to heart those two stories, and perhaps changed a bit for the better.

Be safe at least, everyone. Be thoughtful of my words, if only for a few minutes. :(

Last edited: