• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids brownish, chunky and powdered "tar"? does it need to be cooked or mixed with citric?

jambi1369

Greenlighter
brownish, chunky and powdered "tar"? does it need to be cooked or mixed with citric?

Hello.I am from new york and I am a heroin user for many years. however, I am currently in Irvine, california for some personal shit and the dope out west as we all know is way different than the #4 beige/tan dope we get on the east coast (especially the north east). However, I managed to finally cop today after the biggest pain in the ass in my life at trying to score in a strange city (this city is like the most straight laced place on earth! but I digress). anyways, when I copped I was expecting to get tar (or atleast something different than the #4 I'm used to back home) and when I asked the guy exactly what it was he told me it was brown "huff" powder that comes before tar. has anyone ever heard of this stuff? or does anyone know what it is or what I am talking about here?It is brownish/reddish in color (like brown sugar or raw sugar or something like that kinda) and it is somewhat loose and powdery but also kinda chunky and also kinda damp/tarry. I've always heard that all the shit out west has to be heated/cooked and that a lot of it also has to be mixed with citric acid, so I asked the guy if I needed to do that and he said I could but that I didn't need to.So, long story short I didn't, I just added some warm/almost hot water to it and stirred it until it dissolved and then IV'ed it. It got me nice and right and where I needed to be (especialy since I was beginning to get sick) however it didn't give me a big rush like I'm used to nor did it give the the same level of high I'm used to from the same amount of dope back home.I'm just wondering here if it was just weaker, sub-par dope or if maybe I prepared it wrong by not heating/cooking it and/or also by not adding any citric acid to it and that maybe if I had prepped it that way I would have gotten a better high off of it.So, my question to you guys is, if your familiar with this kind of dope and know what I'm talking about, do I need to heat/cook it and/or add citric acid to it when preparing it for injection to get the best results. and if so what kind of citric acid would I use and how much? and basically what would the whole process be?I'm sorry you guys for the long post and the stupid questions. I've been an H user pretty heavy for years but always with stuff that's just basically "add water and shoot" so this whole heating/cooking and adding citric acid thing is a whole new, alien world to me and I would greatly appreciate any and all help you guys could throw my way.Also, P.S. I've been reading the stickys on this site and I love em, I wish I had joined a long time ago.Thanx again in advance for any help

Hello.I am from new york and I am a heroin user for many years. however, I am currently in Irvine, california for some personal shit and the dope out west as we all know is way different than the #4 beige/tan dope we get on the east coast (especially the north east). However, I managed to finally cop today after the biggest pain in the ass in my life at trying to score in a strange city (this city is like the most straight laced place on earth! but I digress). anyways, when I copped I was expecting to get tar (or atleast something different than the #4 I'm used to back home) and when I asked the guy exactly what it was he told me it was brown "huff" powder that comes before tar. has anyone ever heard of this stuff? or does anyone know what it is or what I am talking about here?It is brownish/reddish in color (like brown sugar or raw sugar or something like that kinda) and it is somewhat loose and powdery but also kinda chunky and also kinda damp/tarry. I've always heard that all the shit out west has to be heated/cooked and that a lot of it also has to be mixed with citric acid, so I asked the guy if I needed to do that and he said I could but that I didn't need to.So, long story short I didn't, I just added some warm/almost hot water to it and stirred it until it dissolved and then IV'ed it. It got me nice and right and where I needed to be (especialy since I was beginning to get sick) however it didn't give me a big rush like I'm used to nor did it give the the same level of high I'm used to from the same amount of dope back home.I'm just wondering here if it was just weaker, sub-par dope or if maybe I prepared it wrong by not heating/cooking it and/or also by not adding any citric acid to it and that maybe if I had prepped it that way I would have gotten a better high off of it.So, my question to you guys is, if your familiar with this kind of dope and know what I'm talking about, do I need to heat/cook it and/or add citric acid to it when preparing it for injection to get the best results. and if so what kind of citric acid would I use and how much? and basically what would the whole process be?I'm sorry you guys for the long post and the stupid questions. I've been an H user pretty heavy for years but always with stuff that's just basically "add water and shoot" so this whole heating/cooking and adding citric acid thing is a whole new, alien world to me and I would greatly appreciate any and all help you guys could throw my way.Also, P.S. I've been reading the stickys on this site and I love em, I wish I had joined a long time ago.Thanx again in advance for any help

Hey there and welcome to Bluelight!

I'm not American (British) and not a heroin user but I am familiar with the differences chemically between the different types of heroin.

The type if heroin that is sold in Britain and many parts of Europe is #3 heroin which is diamorphine base ie. diamorphine without the hydrochloride (or citrate or ascorbate or whatever sait)....so just straight diamorphine...this is designed for smoking not injecting since generally speaking, a salt has too high a vapourising point to be smoked but a base does not.....think the difference between powdered cocaine hydrochloride for snorting/injecting versus cocaine base (crack) for smoking.

In order to make #3 heroin (diamorphine base) ready for injection, it has to be converted into a salt by the addition of an acid and heat.. adding citric acid produces diamorphine citrate. If you just added water to this kind if heroin it would not dissolve at all and just form a clumpy mass. The fact that your heroin did dissolve means that it wasn't #3 (base) and therefore didn't need the addition of citric acid...

Whatever the shortcomings of this particular heroin may have been, it wasn't that you needed to add any citric acid too it.

Hope that clears it up a bit.....as I see a lot of misinformation regarding diamorphine base and the need to add an acid etc.

I bet they call it "huff" as it's powder till they huff on it till it's solid black. It's what you would usually find in California. Usually people sell bags by the tenth gram and an average dose is around there or less depending on tolerance. Always assume it is 100% pure to start and do a small tests dose. It should mix in water fine just will take a lot of agitation maybe just enough heat to get the solution warm.

That's also California dope for you. You'll be lucky to find a rush with the average stuff more likely painful pins and needles

They call it gunpowder actually. Sounds about as safe as injecting tar tbh.

That shit is fire when I get it. I live on the California/arizona border a few hours from Irvine. But I guess quality just depends from batch to batch. I've had the rock hard solid black tar before & it also varies.

There's a regional drug discussion forum here, too. I don't know how busy it is--there's no one from my 750k metro area--but SoCal will have a few threads.

I think some rules are softened (and some harder?) over there to help with people new to a drug scene.

It's the same as everywhere else iirc, zero sourcing, hookups, etc. You're allowed to talk that theres fent, That's about it.