• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

brother stealing my ativan, really starting to bother me

nikkislikki

Greenlighter
I mean, i only periodically use it anyway, so mainly i just want him to respect my belonings. Im 2 years older, but hes a dude and 6"4. What do you suggest i do? other than wait it out for a few months and leave for college.

ive thought of that, he picked into one cheap brand "whatever" lockbox. and the little fucker managed to mess up the keyhole to my new sentrey lockbox so badly, that my key basicly has to fuck the lock hole in order to open it

^lol.

lock em up. put them in a different bottle. tell him you no longer dispense them. hide them somewhere. take a jar full of vitamins and throw them at the bottom. there's a million things you can do.

personally i really hate when people do that. especially when they're not dependant on the medication and they have no idea what it's like to withdraw from it.

homeless -> second opinion

If your prescribed them simply state at the family dinner, can you please stop stealing my medication. If your not prescribed them only buy them when you want them or tell him how much they cost and take the money from him.

It makes no difference his body size etc - its a matter of respecting you.

If he's picking your lockbox, that indicates to me your brother has a serious problem. You're probably not the only person he's stealing meds from. Do you live with your parents? They should be aware of this if they aren't already, like Bear said confront him.

Tell him if he does it again you are going to rat him out to your parents. Make it very clear that you do not want to have to do this but it’s ultimately up to him and the choice he makes.

If you feel he is incapable of making that choice and he needs help then once again, tell him that he has X amount of days to seek help from the parents before you do it for him.

If someone wants to take addictive substances then they need to do it on their own dime without stealing, don't enable it.

I would just keep them on me at all times if you have a legitimate script.I know it's a pain in the ass but as you said,you're leaving for college soon anyway.Personally,wherever I go,my Xanax and pain pills go with me.