View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bropheniramine maleate and dxm

Vexanize

Bluelighter
I don't want to trip on a deliriant. What is a safe dose of BM if I wanna use DXM? I'm afraid to do it but it's the only med I could find w/o acetaminophen. Thank you!

TL/DR: Is BM safe to take with DXM?

What product is it? I've heard of chlorpheniramine maleate, and that's what Coricidin contains. If it's Coricidin, it's about the worst possible way to take DXM. If it really is bropheniramine maleate (I can't help but laugh at that name =D), it's probably a different product, but either way, it's not safe to try to trip on DXM with an anticholinergic. To get enough dosage of DXM to trip, you'll have to take too much of the other thing and not only does it alter the trip in a bad way, it's really bad for you.

Brompheniramine causes significant sedation and drowsiness, which is going to put a damper on your enjoyment of the trip, even if you don't take enough for it to actually cause a deliriant effect... and it's not like the dry mouth (and other side-effects of non-deliriant doses of anticholinergics) is particularly pleasant either.

Also, brompheniramine inhibits the re-uptake of serotonin to some extent; the first SSRI, zimelidine (which actually predates prozac, but was withdrawn from the market after a few years and is thus mostly forgotten) was developed from brompheniramine. Not only that, but the brompheniramine is probably going to compete with the DXM for your liver enzymes.

Thanks for chiming in, Hodor.

Any serotonin reuptake inhibition is very dangerous with DXM, as it can lead to serotonin syndrome which can cause death and requires hospitalization.

Absolutely in no way worth it to try this combo.