• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bromo-dragonfly scraps and bickering

For me, 2C-E blows everything about LSD out of the water, on all accounts. I am VERY experienced with LSD (well over 100 experiences, more than any other psychedelic) so I do know the material. But after 2C-E, I find LSD completely, 100% obsolete. Everything about 2C-E is infinitely better.

morninggloryseed said:
For me, 2C-E blows everything about LSD out of the water, on all accounts. I am VERY experienced with LSD (well over 100 experiences, more than any other psychedelic) so I do know the material. But after 2C-E, I find LSD completely, 100% obsolete. Everything about 2C-E is infinitely better.

perhaps it has begun..

the influx of designer phens on the street vs psychedelics which produce
divine and sacred experiences.

LSD obsolete? Wow mr seed, what a strong statement.

morninggloryseed said:
It can be fun, but it can also be very difficult. I by far prefer the phenethylamines, and haven't taken any LSD since 2003. Plus, since 2C-E blows LSD out of the water, I see no reason to really take it anymore (unless I were to mix it with MDMA of course).

You might like 2c-e better, but it doesn't "blow LSD out of the water".

Don't know what kinda LSD you get, mine is potent. 1-2 hits fucks everything up.

2c-e like most phenthylamines are easier to "deal" with than LSD/mushrooms.

killo said:
You might like 2c-e better, but it doesn't "blow LSD out of the water".

Don't know what kinda LSD you get, mine is potent. 1-2 hits fucks everything up.

2c-e like most phenthylamines are easier to "deal" with than LSD/mushrooms.

I am very experienced with LSD...I have had well over 100 experiences with it (first experience with LSD was in 1992.) On at least four occasions, I went well beyond the 'saturation zone' with LSD.

Not trying to 'dick size,' just letting you know that I am completely familiar with all aspects of the LSD experience, and for me..2C-E blows LSD out of the water. It's not just a matter of potency, but quality as well. I certainly have had enough psychedelic experiences, that I can soundly judge the quality of an experience enough to discern which is better for me, in my case, and in my situation.

out of curiousity, MGS, how many times have you tried 2CE?

I've had 2C-E a grand total of three times. And after the very first time, my mind was made up that 2C-E was DAMN good material. The third time cemented it.

LSD obsolete? Wow mr seed, what a strong statement.

Well, that's how I feel. It surprises me that some people don't believe or accept that I feel that way. I'm not the only one...neither of the Shulgin's prefer LSD either. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
morninggloryseed.-
I would like to make a comment.
As you have had numerous lsd expierences and 3 2ce expierences.

I too thought for a while that 2ce was WAY better than LSD. But after 50+ trips the magic died. Actually after 3-5 trips the magic died. 2ce still is amazing and is a great chemical, but after numerous reports i would prefer lsd.

Maybe after you tried 2ce as much as you tried lsd your opinion would change? maybe not?

I have only had lsd 15 times. So maybe thats why i prefer it over 2ce.
Fewer expierences= more magic (?)

But you are correct .....different strokes for different folks.
One mans treasure is another mans junk.

I find that the first couple samples of any new drug are usually the best expierences....maybe you prefer 2ce because the lsd headspace is very common for you and the 2ce headspace is new.

not tring to argue but rather give you some aspects to ponder, as i am sure you already have.

:)

The thing is, I have tried well over 30 different psychedelics now. Only three (5-MeO-DMT, 2C-T-7, and 2C-E) are rated above LSD in my book. It is not as if everytime I try something new, I rate it the best. So I do feel it is a not a matter of it just being new, or magical because of the newness.

Indeed, because I have so much LSD experience, compared to other psychedelics, I feel confident that I know the material and what it does...and thus confident to trust my judgement when I find something I like better.

illusion25 said:
morninggloryseed.-
I would like to make a comment.
As you have had numerous lsd expierences and 3 2ce expierences.

I too thought for a while that 2ce was WAY better than LSD. But after 50+ trips the magic died. Actually after 3-5 trips the magic died. 2ce still is amazing and is a great chemical, but after numerous reports i would prefer lsd.

Maybe after you tried 2ce as much as you tried lsd your opinion would change? maybe not?

I have only had lsd 15 times. So maybe thats why i prefer it over 2ce.
Fewer expierences= more magic (?)

But you are correct .....different strokes for different folks.
One mans treasure is another mans junk.

I find that the first couple samples of any new drug are usually the best expierences....maybe you prefer 2ce because the lsd headspace is very common for you and the 2ce headspace is new.

not tring to argue but rather give you some aspects to ponder, as i am sure you already have.

:)

Last edited:
fair enough...
was listening to alot of burningman speakers and some of the older crowd who got to sample the orange barrells and sunshine in the 60's actually prefer 2ce over lsd as well.....

2ce is definetly a gem!
morningglory- out of curiosity....have you ever sampled any of the DOx series?

illusion25 said:

2ce is definetly a gem!
morningglory- out of curiosity....have you ever sampled any of the DOx series?

Not yet. I almost tried DOC, but just didn't. Now that I have DOM, it is the only one I plan to try (unless I get DOET). You can be sure I will write a report when I get around to finally trying it. The only other ones I want to try are DOT and MEM and TMA-2 (which are both DOx, just not in name).

I have to say I entirely agree with mgs about 2c-e being far superior to lsd. I know it has been seen as the "holy grail" of psychedelics since it became so hard to find about 8 years ago (and always was since the days of kesey, but I digress), but I think it is a perfect case of "the grass is always greener' type scenario. You will think far more fondly of the substance that was good back in the day, not the one that handed you your ass on a platter last month. Just think about it.

I also find 5-meo-dmt and 4-aco-mipt to be better material than lsd.

Wow, we had gotten quite off-topic there with the DOC praising! Consequently, I moved those posts into the B&D DOC thread for further discussion. Verily, we shall henceforth remain on the topic at hand!

=D

morninggloryseed said:
Well, that's how I feel. It surprises me that some people don't believe or accept that I feel that way. I'm not the only one...neither of the Shulgin's prefer LSD either. Different strokes for different folks.

preference is one thing, calling something obsolete is a whole diffrent
level. in fact i would be truly aghast if the shulgins felt that lsd was
obsolete. but yeah, diffrent strokes for diffrent folks. i won't argue or
defile your own opinions on that subject but to call a psychedelic which
is known to produce paranormal experiences is reckless.

It is obsolete for me. I can take LSD anytime I want to, but don't...haven't since 2003 and no plans to in the future...though I certainly haven't ruled it out. However, having had so many LSD experiences through the years (over a 15 year period now) I just don't find anything exciting about LSD. Where as I feel like I still have so much experiences left to have with 2C-E, and other materials.

soul said:
preference is one thing, calling something obsolete is a whole diffrent
level. in fact i would be truly aghast if the shulgins felt that lsd was
obsolete. but yeah, diffrent strokes for diffrent folks. i won't argue or
defile your own opinions on that subject but to call a psychedelic which
is known to produce paranormal experiences is reckless.

I have sampled a reasonable variety of psychedelics and would suggest that despite its commonplace status LSD is indeed the best most powerful and wonderful psychedelic, with the always present possbility of it turning weird on you.:\

Just to go on the record, I have never meant to imply that LSD is a mediocre psychedelic, just because I love 2C-E. Of course LSD is like nothing else, it is LSD, and it is beyond words. I cut my teeth on the stuff, it was a huge part of my youth, and that can never be erased. But I have done my time with it, and I am in a different place than when I was 17.

Now, the phenethylamines are what my tastes call for. 2C-T-7 is just so gorgeous. And 2C-E is so amazing....it took me beyond all previous LSD experiences, save for one. So now, that is the big mighty.

To sum up, I never meant to imply LSD was somehow on a lower scale than 2C-E. But for my personal tastes, 2C-E is where it is at now and I don't have any use or desire for another LSD trip...though I certainly intend to have more. I've not taken LSD/MDMA with my love, and that is one special experience.

Myself and 3 others unwittingly ate 2 blotters each with 1400 mics of definate Bromo-Dragonfly on them making a whopping 2800 mics. I have never tripped like on that before. I thought I was living in this strange village where I could interact with the characters there. I could smell their joints, hold slight conversations, At one point I thought it was three days later and that I had been tripping for 3 days (in fact it was still saturday about 6 hours into the trip) I thought it was time to go to the gym for my body tone class. There I was in the class thinking what the hell am I doing here in this state. I was sure the instructor would suss I was away with it. I saw it in his eyes, He knew something was up with me, Then I saw a blotter motive on his bum-bag. Eh?? I just got these trips I thought and scott (the instructor) has them already??? Next thing he is in the imaginary village selling trips to the rasta's heads in there. he was dishing them out saying "I got the Ones, The Twos OR The Three's, I got the Flashing Fives" and there was flashing stars coming off his trips. All the people were huddles around him buying his trips. This is just one example of one trip I had during 2 days of vivid hallucinations. Anyone who says bromo-dragonfly is lame wnat there head looked at. I was so glad when I awoke on the monday and it was over. In a nutshell, The best trip I ever had, But what an ordeal.

morninggloryseed said:
It is obsolete for me. I can take LSD anytime I want to, but don't...haven't since 2003 and no plans to in the future...though I certainly haven't ruled it out. However, having had so many LSD experiences through the years (over a 15 year period now) I just don't find anything exciting about LSD. Where as I feel like I still have so much experiences left to have with 2C-E, and other materials.

perhaps we both been through the same time period where LSD was
in such abundance. ( i remember having much greater access to
extremely potent LSD and microdots in comparison to decent
weed in my neigbohood which costed more)

Perhaps we just differed in personal experiences during that time period.

in contrast, i also experienced the scene where phens were so
readily available and i remember doing the noob thing, by eyeballing
doses before the tanita which lead to extreme psychedelic experiences.

but there's a diffrence between an extreme psychedelic experience
and a profound one.

as a suggestion only, perhaps you should revisit LSD with a loved one
and try to achieve something that i believe 2CE or 2CI can't. Just
a suggestion because I truly respect your views on the subject as
I always did since I joined blulight.

When I was in 9th and 10th grades in high school you could still get bad-ass LSD for 100 bucks a vial. $1 a hit. Good shit, too. Whatever happened to that...I know this post is a bit off-topic, but I was just reminiscing...

My girlfriend who is sitting next to me reminded me that we had never taken LSD together. So one fine day, I shall revisit it (though knowing me, it will also be with MDMA). :)

Thank you for the nice words.

MGS

soul said:
as a suggestion only, perhaps you should revisit LSD with a loved one
and try to achieve something that i believe 2CE or 2CI can't. Just
a suggestion because I truly respect your views on the subject as
I always did since I joined blulight.

i have had 2c-e at least 150 times and in the 60-100mg range on about 50 of those. it is better than shrooms, lsd, 5meodmt, evrything! there are no limits on it. you can go as far as you want on it and therefore the ultimate pyschadelic to me. btw, how does 2c-e compare to mescaline ive heard they're similar?