• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Bromazolam to diclazeoam conversion

TMNPothead

Bluelighter
So I’ve been taking 2-3mg of bromazolam a night for a few months now to help sleep. It started on nights where I was crashing off meth and wanted to come down but just really kept the habit going. I’m wanting to cut all my drug use out eventually.

I’ve got 100mg of diclazepam powder that I’m going to dissolve in some PG solution when it arrives Friday and switch to it as I’ve read it’s the best RC benzo for detoxing. From what I’ve read I think it might be around the same strength mg per mg but I’m not certain.

I also have a nasty 5 gram a day phenibut habit and around 30 grams per day kratom habit. I figure the kratom will be easy enough to get off of as I’ve been down that route before. The phenibut has me worried but I want to get the benzo out of the way first.

Any pointers are welcome. I have access to soma as well but I’ve heard it does nothing for benzo withdraws from some people. I would cold turkey but I’ve had multiple seizures from my alcohol abuse in the past and don’t want to risk it.

Dude, you got some heavy monkeys on your back.
Been addicted to all at one point in my life, still stuck on Diaz.

Phen WD was fkn horrible, I tried using it as a benzo taper, ended up taking the same amount of Diaz I started at, but stuck with phen addiction. And even WDs with Diaz it sucked.

When I was addicted to kratom and Diaz, I’d go loopy trying to cut kratom out completely, had to do a real slow taper. Wasn’t as bad as the phen WD though, I was falling over during that time, had horrible balance, and started to think I needed glasses because I was seeing double watching tv, having to adjust my head to see it properly.

Bromo is great for sleep for me, on that I only wake once throughout the night.

There’s lots of taper plans using diclazepam. But I’d like to warn you that with all the other stuff your on, you need to probably focus on getting rid of one at a time.

To be honest, I’d be heading to the quacks with those doses, I was nearly at your point. But when tolerance kicks in, and you don’t up dose with it, your swimming in deeper water to keep up.

I looked at how much money was going towards my addictions, and they weren’t sustainable with what’s going on in the world right now.

I wish you all the luck you can get, and support.

I’ve suffered 3 seizures from my late 20s, first one involved crashing a car head on into a tree. I’m very lucky to be alive.

The equivalency would be about about a 1:1 ratio.

1mg of bromazolam would be around 1mg of diclazepam, or perhaps somewhere in the range of .8mg to 1.2mg of diclazepam.

Your bromazolam doses aren't too high, and it youve been on it a short period of time.

If you haven't withdrawn from benzos before then i'd recommend a relatively quick taper using the diclazepam, as its best not to drag it out if possible. If you have had had benzo withdrawal in the past you might want to taper more slowly, as benzo withdrawal gets worse each time you go through it.

Id recommend a 2-3 week diclazepam taper.

Bromazolam is no known benzo so try your luck, there is no info in internet

While bromazolam is somewhat obscure there is a plenty of info on it (though much of it is anectodal). Even without that, with a little understanding of benzodiazepine structural activity relationships (which isn't rocket science, though i guess it does presuppose quite a bit of prerequisite understanding) based on its structure alone one could deduce that as the bromo analog of alprazolam you would expect it to be quite similar in potency (though slightly less) to alprazolam. You could refer to alprazolam as chlorazolam to emphasize the similarity between the two. If xanax was an RC benzo and not a pharmaceutical people would refer to it as chlorazolam.

I also have a nasty 5 gram a day phenibut habit

I was at 5.5 grams a day, tapered a bit and then got stuck at 4g for the past few years. Lately i decided to get serious about getting off it (i feel like it is a real ambition killer, lyrica had a similar effect though even worse). Its hard on my kidneys and body too, and i never even really enjoyed it. I only got only because after quiting lyrica, i couldn't sleep at all for 2 months straight. Out of desperation i got some phenibut. That was like 5 years ago. Not long ago i accidentally took 8g of phenibut instead of 4g as i had forgot i had already taken the 4g, and the next day i was so fucking tired, nauseated and irritable. I sort of blamed it on my girlfriend since she is tasked with helping me remember to take it, and i hated her with a phenibut induced passion. I realized, if 8g made me feel that shitty, does my nightly 4g make me feel half that shitty on a daily basis.

So i made this and im following it. I did it in an excel sheet and printed it and put it on my bathroom mirror. The dose decrease is exactly 1% a day. Ill see how that goes. While it seems like a small reduction, it is 1% compounding, which reduces the dose pretty fast. According to the excell sheet ill be on a few hundred mg by years end.

Ive gotten off a 380mg habit, a gram a day of diazepam, a second round of RC benzos addiction so this should be a piece of cake? Problem is, the older i get the more the withdrawal symptoms are unbearable, and my gaba system is fucked.

Im also averaging 7 bud lights a night, so i need to work on that. Bud light is gross but i switched to taper off since they are low alcohol. If they had beer here that was 3% alcohol id get that instead. Ive quit alcohol before and i think the easiest way is to just stop. I never had serious withdrawal from cold turkey alcohol but ive never been more than a 10 drink a night person. On, years ago, while high on meth, i decided to stop drinking (i was averaging 10 shots of gin a night, but all drank in one big drink over 20 minutes). Crazy thing is that i actually went through with it, and didn't drink another drop for 2 years. So alcohol is easy to quite compared to benzos/phenibut/opioids.

Here is my phenibut taper schedule:

upload photo image

2 to 3 mg of bromazolam isn’t that much. it’s about half as strong as xanax mg for mg. as long as you haven’t been taking it for an extended period of time — though few months isn’t nothing — you’re gonna have a relatively easy time getting off with diclazepam. “relatively” because getting off of benzos is never easy. you’re not in some huge hole or anything like that though.

i agree with @negrogesic that bromazolam and diclazepam are about equipotent. which greatly simplify creating a taper schedule.

taper slow, pause at whatever dose your whenever you don’t feel comfortable dropping further until you do, but never take a step back and go back up to a previous dose. absolutely do not taper for longer than you were taking the bromazolam. you’ll draw it out or even worse switch one addiction for the other. you can usually taper faster at the beginning and then go slow toward the end because that’s the hard part.

absolutely do not drink during the benzo taper. no matter what anyone says it will make it worse. no coffee, no alcohol until you’re done.

don’t taper the phenibut and the benzo at the same time. i would do the benzo taper first. I do not know anything about tapering phenibut. it’s a restaurant does not last long. i suck at the stomach cramps, headaches, and physical anxiety for a week or so and then it’s gone. I definitely do not know this, but I don’t think it’s withdraw can’t really do more than cause discomfort. unlike benzo‘s which can cause brain damage, seizures, or even death.

best of luck.

Last edited: