PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Broadening my scope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrilee

Greenlighter
So i like to think that I'm an aspiring psychonaut. I've tried 25i-nbome a couple times, LSD-25 a couple times, and recently got my hands on some 1p-lsd(love it!). I realize that these are all closely related in term of structure and effect(generally I think) and I wanna know what other kinds of substances people think is necessary/helpful to really explore the mind and all things psychedelic. I know many praise tryptamines and such, so I was thinking of trying 4-act-dmt. I've also been reading about dissociatives and they seem interesting but not really sure what's out there and what the whole appeal is. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. This is only my second post on here so sorry for any mistakes!

I have some experience with dissos (not alot mind you, and only dxm), but for me it's like a true psychedelic except your thoughts feel a little less psychedelic. I don't really have enough experience to put words to how it makes the thoughts feel, but It does also slow down time and such. Dxm was actually the first drug besides caffeine I tried (recreationally). I'd say psylocibin is pretty much the main thing you're forgetting.

So i like to think that I'm an aspiring psychonaut. I've tried 25i-nbome a couple times, LSD-25 a couple times, and recently got my hands on some 1p-lsd(love it!). I realize that these are all closely related in term of structure and effect(generally I think) and I wanna know what other kinds of substances people think is necessary/helpful to really explore the mind and all things psychedelic. I know many praise tryptamines and such, so I was thinking of trying 4-act-dmt. I've also been reading about dissociatives and they seem interesting but not really sure what's out there and what the whole appeal is. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. This is only my second post on here so sorry for any mistakes!

Officially, Bluelight has a rule against "what should I take" threads, but I'll still try to shed some light:
The "classic" psychedelics primarily act on the serotonin receptor 5HT2A, with the two main groups being the Phenethylamines (e.g. Mescaline, the DOx series, the 2C-x series and the NBOMe's) and the Tryptamines (e.g. Ayahuasca/DMT, shrooms, various 4-HO and 5-MeO substituted tryptamines). LSD and the other lysergamides are often considered "conformationally constrained" tryptamines.

Anyway, 4-AcO-DMT ("Psilacetin") is closest to shrooms ("Psilocybin" / 4-PO-DMT), as both end up being converted into Psilocin (4-HO-DMT). However, people report some subtle differences between 4-AcO and the natural product, possibly due to them entering the brain at different rates and/or 4-AcO potentially being mildly active on its own whereas Psilocybin cannot cross into the brain before being converted to Psilocin.

Likewise, 1p-LSD mainly seems to act as a prodrug for LSD, as does ALD-52. ETH-LAD and AL-LAD, on the other hand, have more of a character of their own, with more intense visuals in relation to the mental effects. Between the two, AL-LAD seems like the more easygoing one, with some users also reporting physical discomfort - including nausea - from ETH. Still, so far I actually prefer ETH-LAD, but they are both amazing substances. Note that ETH usually comes on 100 µg blotters and is more potent - at least in the visual department - than LSD, whereas a single tab of AL-LAD normally contains 150 µg of material to compensate for its lower potency.

Look into the 2C-X series, namely 2C-B/2C-C imo. Both are rather light-hearted at lower doses.

Some of the substituted tryptamines such as 4-AcO-DMT/4-HO-MiPT. Both very visual psychedelics, more-so for 4-HO-MiPT. If you want something a bit (lot) more stimmy and less on the psychedelic side (at lower doses) 5-MeO-MiPT may be worth looking into.

And for some dissociatives read about DXM (OTC in the states) and Ketamine for starters. I don't think I'd recommend the current RC dissociatives that are being sold (Namely O-PCE/3-MeO-PCE as those are the only ones that I tried fairly recently) for someone that hasn't tried any.

Just look around at what you enjoyed, find analogues (or the parent compound if you can) and branch out from there. It seems that you've generally stuck to things that are (usually) on blotter, and there aren't... too many of those past AL-LAD/ALD-52/1P-ETH-LAD/5-MeO-aMT (If you can still find it)/Some DOx's which I wouldn't recommend a rather new psychonaut save maybe DOC, and even then... eh. The rest of the 25X-NBOMe/NBOH/NBF's, and probably some others I'm forgetting off the top of my head. 5-MeO-MiPT was also sold on blotter by some. That was a lot more rambling than I intended to make this point. Invest in a scale if you don't have one. And for high potency drugs (Such as 5-MeO-MiPT) and generally most Phenethylamines are fairly stable in an alcohol/water/PG solutions. Yet tryptamines are a bit more finicky in solutions in my experience.

Hodor has a pretty good write-up.

And remember the golden rules, always ask questions. <3 And apologies for rambling and... eh I'm tired.

As mentioned, "what should I take" threads are not permitted on bluelight as suggesting new substances to take does not have a role in harm reduction.

Please report threads like these if you see them, don't answer them.

Status
Not open for further replies.