• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Britlofex (Lofexadine)

Lofexadine is well worth a try. I dropped 5 ml every 2 wks from 90 ml to 25 then jumped off onto lofexadine and am doing great. Don't listen to the horror stories. They are not for everyone due to blood pressure issues. I'm now on day 11 off methadone after 26 yrs continuous use. Last lofexadine tab in morning. Feeling OK. Only slight withdrawals every now and again. Sleep the main problem.
I never thought I'd get off the meth but so far so good, feeling great.
Anyhow good look to all you guys, hope you do well. Give them a go if you can, you have nothing to lose if you really want to kick the shitty stuff.

That's why I'm switching from methadone to oxycodone for about two weeks before I take Any sub to help with WD coz I know I'll be able to leave it for 2-3 days after my last dose of oxy and be good for PWDs but with meth there's just no telling

Arrrgggggggg this is something that PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the point in going on maintenance to go back to drugs that got you addicted in the first place? It sounds like addiction suicide to me going oxy or whatever.....

I heard someone talking with a dope addiction on methadone saying they were going back on dope to taper off - n advertising others to do this. I had a right go at them. C'mon why spend all those years on maintenance to take such a risk?????

Evey

It is in no way whatsoever an 'alternative to methadone', that is an entire mishcharecterisation of it's nature. It is a very useful medicine for the symptomatic relief of opiate wd.

Arrrgggggggg this is something that PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the point in going on maintenance to go back to drugs that got you addicted in the first place? It sounds like addiction suicide to me going oxy or whatever.....

I heard someone talking with a dope addiction on methadone saying they were going back on dope to taper off - n advertising others to do this. I had a right go at them. C'mon why spend all those years on maintenance to take such a risk?????

Evey

Evey the reason he would have been saying this is that it's easier to come off a short acting opiate like heroin that it is methadone. The withdrawal from methadone is not as acute but is far, far more chronic in nature.

What I mean by that is that heroin withdraws tend to have more severe symptoms but generally subside in 6-7 days whereas methadone withdrawal isn't as hard hitting as heroin (although it's still very unpleasant) but it drags on for months....given the choice, many people would prefer a week of absolutely terrible to 3 months of feeling slightly less terrible but still pretty awful.

A strange as it may seem to you at face value, it's not quite as stupid as it may sound.

You really have to experience the protracted hell that is long term, high dose methadone withdrawal to appreciate it. The very fact that they would consider going back to heroin with which to taper should give you an idea what it's like.

OK maybe my post was a bit strong there. Apologies. I don't agree with the method but I can understand it. Thank you for your explanation.

My problem is what is the point in going on maintenance in the first place if people are going to go back to thei addicted substance to taper off? I couldn't do this with codeine. I'd be absolutely petrified of touching the stuff encase history was to repeat itself. I'm an addict.

Raasy n I were discussing this a few weeks ago n he said similar to what you said in your post.

Evey

Yes Englandz you're completely right.

When I went onto MMT I was working full time and had various commitments and needed to be able to keep up with it, I didn't have time to detox from the shorter acting oxycodone and the MMT gave me the stability I needed at the time to be able to keep going to work etc..

Things have changed now, I no longer work I now have my chance to detox now I know I sure as hell would rather move back onto the shorter acting opiate (oxycodone) from my methadone and kick give it a good few weeks till all the methadones outta my system then I can do my rattle from oxycodone and not methadone.

But aint you concerned about getting addicted to oxy?

I'm sorry I'm not trying to be mean but it makes maintenance look a waste of time. What is the point in going on maintenance in the first place if you can so easily taper off oxy / Heroin?

Evey

ugh..

switching to a shorter acting opioid makes life a hell of a lot easier when it comes to jumping off.. methadone takes a long time to leave the body whereas heroin or oxy dont.. so by switching to them till the methadone is out of your system makes the whole detox much quicker

No because I'm ready to quit. The is the first time I've actually felt ready i wouldn't be attempting it if I didn't think I was.

Like I say gunna half my methadone to 30 then switch to oxycodone for three-four weeks so I can cam avoid methadone WDs

I'm around oxy everyday so it's either this or I just carry on taking my 60ml methadone AND the oxy .... I wanna cut the methadone out and just maintain on the oxy. I have OCs so I can eat them whole then after 3-4 weeks when the mets outta my system I can taper and come off the oxy

Does anyone else agree this is a better way than reducing on methadone and quitting that at whatever dose?

EDIT @ EVEY : I'm still taking the oxy on top of my methadone so cutting out the methadone will be one less opiate and then I'll just be maintainin on the oxy

sorry i shoulda been clearer, my post was to evey, thgt i had quoted her post, basically saying what has already been said in the thread, had she read it she woulda got the point

Ahhhh ok. Good luck I hope it works out for you.

Evey
Thanks a lot :) in the past I don't think it would have worked but I'm ready for it now.

Sick of the gear, I don't get fuck all from smoking it, never really have and I'm done with the needle.

How are you Evey? I started on my frat dose of 60ml methadone today and already gotta admit it's helping with cravings and mood.

I was only on 40ml which is below a therapeutic dose. My ex partners managed to kick it and we were suing a lot together so I feel like my time has come too.

I've had,p my 'fun' and it's caused enough pain and destruction too. If I don't stop now I'm back out on the streets and that I can't cope with I won't bounce back from that again.

Done with the whole lifestyle. I wanna be back taking drugs coz I want a buzz not coz I have to.

But aint you concerned about getting addicted to oxy?
Taking meth means you are already addicted to opiates, it doesn't matter if you take oxy/dia/anything else.

I'm sorry I'm not trying to be mean but it makes maintenance look a waste of time.
It's far worse than a waste of time! I wish I'd just done a rattle in the first place instead of getting on the juice.

What is the point in going on maintenance in the first place if you can so easily taper off oxy / Heroin?
Some people have responsibilities so can't be out scoring every hour of the day, others just like knowing they aren't gonna wake up rattling to death. Some people just believe their key-worker that "illicit drugs are bad, mmmkay, the nice green medicine is all you need".

Taking meth means you are already addicted to opiates, it doesn't matter if you take oxy/dia/anything else.

Exactly,and at the moment I'm taking oxy on top of my script.

It's far worse than a waste of time! I wish I'd just done a rattle in the first place instead of getting on the juice.

I wish this too but at the time I just didn't have time to do a rattle, methadone gave me the stability I needed to hold down my job and carry on as normal.

Some people have responsibilities so can't be out scoring every hour of the day, others just like knowing they aren't gonna wake up rattling to death. Some people just believe their key-worker that "illicit drugs are bad, mmmkay, the nice green medicine is all you need".

Yeah at the time I could only be right to use after work, the methadone helped me to maintain a normal life for a while until I was using loads on top of that and fucked it up!