• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bringing Opiate Tolerance Down?

did you even read the reddit thread? there are good explanations there. while i havent used naltrexone in any way, iv used narcan few times before and i was sent into severe withdrawal but only lasted like 1 hour and then the high returned 10x better. im suggesting this route for people who want to get double high when using heroin or other opiates. it might sound crazy but it worked for me. narcan has a short half life and heroin has a long half life so it will rebound after an hour or so and for me, the high felt even better.

did you even read the reddit thread? there are good explanations there. while i havent used naltrexone in any way, iv used narcan few times before and i was sent into severe withdrawal but only lasted like 1 hour and then the high returned 10x better. im suggesting this route for people who want to get double high when using heroin or other opiates. it might sound crazy but it worked for me. narcan has a short half life and heroin has a long half life so it will rebound after an hour or so and for me, the high felt even better.

At the risk of nitpicking, heroin doesn't have a long half life. It just has a less short half life than narcan :).

Personally there's no way in hell you'd get me to go through precipitated withdrawal just to make the high better. I mean I absolutely love being high on opioids, but I REAAAAAAALLLLLY hate withdrawal. Even an hour would be too long for me.

it doesnt have long half life? well, i googled and it seems so, but it stays in my system up to 12 hours. at least i feel it inside me for so long. sometimes even 2 days if i dose regularly and it builds up. of course the high doesnt last that long, but you can still feel it with all its side effects inside you for a long ass time. i just completely forgot about its half life as i have stopped doing it for a long time now.
anyway, how can you not be able to tolerate withdrwals for even an hour lol you shouldnt do opiates then. thats crazy. i used to suffer devastating withdrwals from serious heroin addiction for months without methadone or suboxone back in the days. yeah, 2 year habit and withdrawals can last for 3 months in my case. that was just the physical part. the psychological lasts 1 year. now days you new kids are so spoiled with your fancy suboxones and narcans and shit. back then we will kick the habit no meds at all and OD was unreversable. now just take subs for withdrawals, OH im ODing, no problem have narcan which is OTC over here. i suppose thats advancement and its a good thing, but also encourages drug abuse more so than before. honestly, suffering as much as i did quiting it, made me hate it and i would shake even seeing it. now days im avoiding it but ill do other mild opiates. i guess i still havent learned but thats because of narcan and suboxone. they have spoiled me too :/

Last edited:
it doesnt have long half life? well, i googled and it seems so, but it stays in my system up to 12 hours. at least i feel it inside me for so long. sometimes even 2 days if i dose regularly and it builds up. of course the high doesnt last that long, but you can still feel it with all its side effects inside you for a long ass time. i just completely forgot about its half life as i have stopped doing it for a long time now.
anyway, how can you not be able to tolerate withdrwals for even an hour lol you shouldnt do opiates then. thats crazy. i used to suffer devastating withdrwals from serious heroin addiction for months without methadone or suboxone back in the days. yeah, 2 year habit and withdrawals can last for 3 months in my case. that was just the physical part. the psychological lasts 1 year. now days you new kids are so spoiled with your fancy suboxones and narcans and shit. back then we will kick the habit no meds at all and OD was unreversable. now just take subs for withdrawals, OH im ODing, no problem have narcan which is OTC over here. i suppose thats advancement and its a good thing, but also encourages drug abuse more so than before. honestly, suffering as much as i did quiting it, made me hate it and i would shake even seeing it. now days im avoiding it but ill do other mild opiates. i guess i still havent learned but thats because of narcan and suboxone. they have spoiled me too :/

The longest period of time I've ever had heroin seem to last is about 12 hours or so. After which I almost immediately start experiencing withdrawal. But yes, heroins considered pretty short acting. Like oxycodone and morphine and such. As opposed to long acting opioids like methadone or oxycodone extended release and others.

As for withdrawal, I've certainly experienced opioid withdrawal god only knows how many times, and I hate it so no way would I subject myself to it on purpose. As for "you shouldn't do opiates then", bit late for that now... :p

I'm not sure how old you are, but both methadone and narcan have been around for about 40 years. So I'm surprised to hear you say it wasn't around "in your day", whenever that was. Though obviously it would have shown up in some regions later than others.

Sorry but I don't buy for a moment that it encourages drug abuse more than before though. I think that's total bullshit. Nobody starts heroin thinking "oh its OK if I get addicted, I'll just go on methadone!". And I doubt almost anyone thinks "oh it's OK if I use too much, there's a pretty good chance I won't die and will just wake up in hospital with horrendous withdrawal!" either.

Sounds like crap to me. Sounds like one of those things people just make up based off nothing.

Sorry if I sound a bit hostile here. It's just that we have enough naysayers putting peoples lives at risk with completely unfounded hypothetical reasons to object to maintainence therapy and ready access to naloxone for drug users as it is without other drug users suggesting it.

I couldn?t find a similar topic surprisingly by using the search bar. But as the title states, what are some ways (little or small) to bring opiate tolerance down? I know obviously taking a break from them will help, but what are other ways? No matter how petty or insignificant it may seem, I would like to know. Thank you
My advice would be to find yourself a good doctor who will together with you set up a reduction plan and bring you down slowly(like they do with methadone). Is your goal to eventually jump off altogether or just reduce to a more manageable level? In my experience synthetic opioids take longer and are much harder/slower to reduce. Alternatives like suboxone can be an option but in saying that would open up another can of worms all together...

The longest period of time I've ever had heroin seem to last is about 12 hours or so. After which I almost immediately start experiencing withdrawal. But yes, heroins considered pretty short acting. Like oxycodone and morphine and such. As opposed to long acting opioids like methadone or oxycodone extended release and others.

As for withdrawal, I've certainly experienced opioid withdrawal god only knows how many times, and I hate it so no way would I subject myself to it on purpose. As for "you shouldn't do opiates then", bit late for that now... :p

I'm not sure how old you are, but both methadone and narcan have been around for about 40 years. So I'm surprised to hear you say it wasn't around "in your day", whenever that was. Though obviously it would have shown up in some regions later than others.

Sorry but I don't buy for a moment that it encourages drug abuse more than before though. I think that's total bullshit. Nobody starts heroin thinking "oh its OK if I get addicted, I'll just go on methadone!". And I doubt almost anyone thinks "oh it's OK if I use too much, there's a pretty good chance I won't die and will just wake up in hospital with horrendous withdrawal!" either.

Sounds like crap to me. Sounds like one of those things people just make up based off nothing.

Sorry if I sound a bit hostile here. It's just that we have enough naysayers putting peoples lives at risk with completely unfounded hypothetical reasons to object to maintainence therapy and ready access to naloxone for drug users as it is without other drug users suggesting it.

methadone has been around for a very long time. i didnt say it hasnt. i meant suboxone. back in my days lots of friends went on methadone, but never suboxone. narcan though wasnt really around at all. it might have been technically out there but nobody ever mentioned or talked about it. and it was prescription only and no easy access to it and of course the opioid epidemic wasnt in the news as it is today. maybe it was just as bad or maybe it wasnt ,but it wasnt such a big deal that narcan was easily available and every cop carrying it like they do now. i literally got narcan several times from any CVS or wallgreens i went in and no problem. just last year that is.
i didnt even fucking know this shit existed back then. also methadone has been around but not suboxone is what i meant. it just came out actually and insurances didnt cover it so i had to pay like 100s of bucks for like a week worth. luckily for me, as i was a very curious cat, i found out about kratom and it changed my life as i managed to finally get off opiates. it was so new back then, only few hippies online knew about it. i was one of the few to get kratom before the craze that is now. maybe 15 years ago. i would chug it with a drink made of curcumin back when curcumin was unknown too but i saw potential in it. i saw potential in both of those and also vitamin d when it was just marketed for bone health. the kratom back then was pure quality tho and much cheaper. now its fucking overpriced, adulterated and absolute waste of time and money. i just got some recently and it keeps giving me headaches. i wish there is more out there to explore since i probably need to move on... again

I can not agree more!!
I was watching a crime TV show last night from the 90s Cops and drugs
The criminal OD from pain meds, all the cops in the room, she died!!
Great story line then
Now evryone would reach in their vest and Narcan her!!!! Lol HaHA

so yes times have changed.
I personally feel that is the fact that Middle/upper /rich - White America is in the Shit with everyone else!!!

That Now we Must Save everyone and Not let them Die or lock them up, and they are BAD PEOPLE!!!!!

Now we are NOT even Junkies or Drug Addicts:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
We have:
OPIOID USE DISORDER ?!?! WTF are you Kidding me :) :)

Well, if you added in a benzodiazepine the two would increase the effectiveness of each other, allowing you to get the same high from less opiate. But I'd advise caution there as you really don't want it to turn into a duel-addiction.