PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Bridgesii and Pachanoi Combo

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Hey fellow psychonauts,

This is something I’ve heard folks talk about through the grapevine over the years. The combination of Bridgesii and Pachanoi. It’s said to help potentiate the Pachanoi..

Last weekend I finally gave this a try and indeed I felt it. I’m not a fan of the Bridgesii effect profile as it’s rough around the edges. Pachanoi has a more rolly positive vibe, particularly PC Pedros. The combination allowed for a much more potent PC Pedro like experience, and I loved it.

I think from here out, I’ll be using these two together. Has anyone else give this a try?

-GC

I am always interested in cactus. But I admit I only ever had Peruvianus. 25-30 grams and c'ya. Very magical and potent. So never really had the need to get more cactus. But I am glad you stated Bridgesii effect profile is rough around the edges. One day I would like to try San Pedro. I can skip the Bridgesii.

I need to make more time for cactus. Lots of shackles on my feet at the moment that prevents that time.

You like the PC effects? All I know is anecdotal, but a lot of people say it's too weak. Elaborate, is you get time.

I've only had a few different Pedros, and they were bought long ago.

I kept a non-mucilaginous clone which was not the strongest one. Is PC mucilaginous?

So PC Pedro’s are BY FAR the weakest of all the common Echinopsis… This is no question. But yes the experience gained from them is the most enjoyable and enlightening of them all IMO.

A good PC experience is like taking the MDMA love and putting it on steroids. While this can be attained from other non-peyote cacti, it’s less reliably induced.

Bridgesii is known to contain alkaloids or possibly flavonoids which potentiate the Mescaline. Using this, when combined we can utilize the power of Bridgesii to potentiate the PC effect profile.

Also i would never use a PC Pedro bought right online and used as is.. You might as well just throw it away cuz it will be weak as shit. I grow my own indoors, they grow very skinny but seem MUCH more potent this way. Especially once I start to take off the same plant again and again.

So through these techniques you can take something that normally won’t even touch the sides, and create a beautiful experience.

-GC

I pray that you are released from said shackles
Thanks Digital. Lots of duty at the moment. Several loved ones, including dog are going to pass soon and they need lots of help. So I am on call. Not ideal to take a psychedelic. If anything I can carve out a night for mushrooms and I have. But i see Spring, blue sky's clouds, and I would love to wake up one morning and have a cactus day. Go play in Nature. I live near a huge state park and the Appalachian Trail even runs through. Honestly I keep myself healthy so I can trip as I age. I swear. lol For now I feel as soon as I dose someone will need me. One day the phone goes off and no one will need me and it will feel great. Chains off. The chains of duty.

But Cactus calls. Started looking at the different types and reading reports lately.

You like the PC effects? All I know is anecdotal, but a lot of people say it's too weak. Elaborate, is you get time.

I've only had a few different Pedros, and they were bought long ago.

I kept a non-mucilaginous clone which was not the strongest one. Is PC mucilaginous?

PC’s are usually much less mucus’y than others. Another reason I love them. But that can vary plant to plant, clone to clone.

-GC

Why do you like the effects better?

PC Pedro give the closest effect to MDMA/MDA of any cacti I’ve tried. I can get that effect from others but much less reliably. All my transcendental Mescaline experiences have had PC as at least part of the mix. Those experiences where my love for the universe knows no bounds.

Also always get the best afterglows from these experiences. Lasting weeks and on rare occasions months. Like the afterglow from MDMA but sustained for much longer. Again not something that is just PC’s but definitely more reliable.

-GC

PC Pedro give the closest effect to MDMA/MDA of any cacti I’ve tried. I can get that effect from others but much less reliably. All my transcendental Mescaline experiences have had PC as at least part of the mix. Those experiences where my love for the universe knows no bounds.

Also always get the best afterglows from these experiences. Lasting weeks and on rare occasions months. Like the afterglow from MDMA but sustained for much longer. Again not something that is just PC’s but definitely more reliable.

-GC
Hummm. My cactus gives MDA like effects in the low doses which I have done most often. Still don't know if it's the low dose or what. Hey, you're giving great info. Thanks.

Hummm. My cactus gives MDA like effects in the low doses which I have done most often. Still don't know if it's the low dose or what. Hey, you're giving great info. Thanks.

Yea all cacti feels somewhat like MDA to me, but this PC Pedro effect is so like rolling that if I ever lost access to Molly this would be my next up. (Well maybe 5-MAPB then this.. but you get it.)

They’re all euphoric but I don’t get the universal love effect all the time unless it’s PC.

PC Pedros are also the best feeling for A/B extracts. Thinking back, my best experiences with purified alkaloids is with PC’s too..

If only they were the potency of Bridgesii, this world may be a better place :)

-GC

I've combined the two, but it was a long time ago and I can't say for certain how it went. I'd need to see if I wrote a report to be certain.

My suspicion is that it was more akin to a bridgesii experience.

I have an established cactus garden. While I don't usually combine Pachanoi and Bridgesii, I have done so at times using materials at hand. I am starting to look at some plants I seeded in 1980 and working with different combinations.

My wife commented on a recent pachanoi excursion in the bristlecones, noting that it was much mellower, and for her, enjoyable than the bridgesii.

Most of my early experiences were with Pachanoi. Some were PC. Even if I didn't overtly notice effects, upon reflection the effects were pronounced, like a drawn out, particularly empathetic but mellow mda experience. Great for playing poker I discovered. Others were among the strongest experiences of my life.

When you say Brigdesii si more potent, you are talking in tea or in the yield you can get with a a/b.?
If you make a a/b extraction, can you distinguish between pachanoi and brigdesii in the effect.?

I made some few a/b with pachanoi, resulting in 0.9 % yield of not so pure mescaline (ph was around 4 in acidification) but I think others alkaloids could be there in the final product.

When you say Brigdesii si more potent, you are talking in tea or in the yield you can get with a a/b.?
If you make a a/b extraction, can you distinguish between pachanoi and brigdesii in the effect.?

I made some few a/b with pachanoi, resulting in 0.9 % yield of not so pure mescaline (ph was around 4 in acidification) but I think others alkaloids could be there in the final product.

The tea and purified alkaloids are more potent than Pachanoi tea and alkaloids. The yields seem about the same.

I can definitely feel the difference in Bridgesii purified alkaloids VS Pachanoi. As I said more potent, and also a bit rougher/more stimulating.

I’ve had purified Bridgesii alkaloids that feel like you did a line of cocaine when it first hits. And not quite as euphoric, more of a chance for rough introspection.

-GC

The tea and purified alkaloids are more potent than Pachanoi tea and alkaloids. The yields seem about the same.

I can definitely feel the difference in Bridgesii purified alkaloids VS Pachanoi. As I said more potent, and also a bit rougher/more stimulating.

I’ve had purified Bridgesii alkaloids that feel like you did a line of cocaine when it first hits. And not quite as euphoric, more of a chance for rough introspection.

-GC
Thanks for your answer.
You have tried tea and purified a/b....would you say it's the same experience / effect.?
Or you loose something.?

I have only tried homemade a/b, never tea.
At 450 mg and 250 mg both very nice experiences and very different between them.

Thanks for your answer.
You have tried tea and purified a/b....would you say it's the same experience / effect.?
Or you loose something.?

I have only tried homemade a/b, never tea.
At 450 mg and 250 mg both very nice experiences and very different between them.

You definitely lose something without a doubt. That’s why these days I make a crude extract which is more or less a tea concentrate with some additional purification steps.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d never turn my nose up to some A/B purified alkaloids.. But I’ll say the crude extract gives more of that lovey rolly vibe, whereas when I take A/B alkaloids it’s much more like LSD.

Purified alkaloids have definitely given me the best visuals though. I’m more sensitive to Mescaline but 250mg of some nice crystalline acetates from dried Pedro had me seeing shit that wasn’t there.

My best Mesc trip ever though was tea. I actually didn’t get much visuals on that particular experience although the love factor was 10/10, but the next night when I took some LSD the mesc visuals really showed themselves. I remember seeing people as huge lanky alien like creatures, saw a huge spider run towards me and just laughed.

Bit of some tangents, but yes I highly recommend trying a crude extract. Simple as making a tea, drying it out in front of a fan (no heat needed unless in cold environment), then reconstitute in a minimal amount of distilled water. Pour into a jar and then place in the fridge for a week or two. This will help precipitate fatty garbage, then decant. It works on 2/3 to 3/4 the extracts but sometimes the fatty stuff is too dispersed to successfully decant off.

I’ve got a thread on here for crude Mescaline extracts that also has a methanol step for additional purification. Each cacti is unique and some are much easier to clean up than others.

-GC

You definitely lose something without a doubt. That’s why these days I make a crude extract which is more or less a tea concentrate with some additional purification steps.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d never turn my nose up to some A/B purified alkaloids.. But I’ll say the crude extract gives more of that lovey rolly vibe, whereas when I take A/B alkaloids it’s much more like LSD.

Purified alkaloids have definitely given me the best visuals though. I’m more sensitive to Mescaline but 250mg of some nice crystalline acetates from dried Pedro had me seeing shit that wasn’t there.

My best Mesc trip ever though was tea. I actually didn’t get much visuals on that particular experience although the love factor was 10/10, but the next night when I took some LSD the mesc visuals really showed themselves. I remember seeing people as huge lanky alien like creatures, saw a huge spider run towards me and just laughed.

Bit of some tangents, but yes I highly recommend trying a crude extract. Simple as making a tea, drying it out in front of a fan (no heat needed unless in cold environment), then reconstitute in a minimal amount of distilled water. Pour into a jar and then place in the fridge for a week or two. This will help precipitate fatty garbage, then decant. It works on 2/3 to 3/4 the extracts but sometimes the fatty stuff is too dispersed to successfully decant off.

I’ve got a thread on here for crude Mescaline extracts that also has a methanol step for additional purification. Each cacti is unique and some are much easier to clean up than others.

-GC
Pls link me to that thread, guy. Great stuff.

-GC

Very interesting. It would be interesting to know what compounds are lost during a/b purification that cause this love effect.

With my product I felt some love / connection with others effect but very subtle.

If you can put the link to your tek I appreciate it. Thank you.

What I like of a/b product is that you can know your dose and consume easy.