Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Bricks of cocaine, marijuana wash up on beaches

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Bricks of cocaine, marijuana wash up on beaches
By Gal Tziperman Lotan,

NSBCocaine_1.jpg

Between the surf and the sand, people at two Volusia County beaches found large amounts of drugs on Thursday and Friday, a Volusia County Sheriff Office spokesman said.

Twenty kilos of cocaine were found near New Smyrna Beach on Thursday, said Gary Davidson, spokesman for the sheriff's office.

Then on Friday, a package containing bricks of marijuana was found floating near Daytona Beach, he said.

Some of the packages had barnacles growing on them, and seemed to have been in the water for a long time, Davidson said.

Davidson said he did not know how much marijuana was found.

Finding the people responsible for dropping large bundles of drugs into the ocean is usually a difficult task, Davidson said.

The sheriff's office will pass on its findings to the federal Drug Enforcement Administration, he said.

continued here http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-drugs-wash-up-daytona-beach-20141024-story.html

http://www.wftv.com/gallery/news/lo...rijuana-wash-2-volusia-beaches/gCN7X/#6314004

Last edited:
Finding the people responsible for dropping large bundles of drugs into the ocean is usually a difficult task, Davidson said.

Really? No return address? How unusual!

heh.. I wonder if the drugs stay in tact and are still usable. Imagine finding and keeping a brick of either before anyone saw anything....

Makes me want to comb the Bay of Fundy for more possible evidence.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for whale vomit while Im at it.

heh.. I wonder if the drugs stay in tact and are still usable. Imagine finding and keeping a brick of either before anyone saw anything....

The coke looks like it did, click on the second link I threw up.. looks like party time to me.

Loly grandparents lived right around there. I bet its vacwrapped so its airtight and still totally fine. Maybe not the weed but the coke for sure.