View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Brewing ayahuasca

bernax

Bluelighter
I want to brew ayahuasca in the near future but i've got no idea on dosages because i've never done it and was hoping people could help with it. I am a very experienced psychedelic user and i want to go full on directly. I am 1.90meters and weigh 80 kilo's.

Also, i was thinking to add in some ginger to counter the nausea a bit. Has anyone ever done this?

I really can not comment on dosages or anything of that nature but if you are messing around with an MAOI, which you must be for oral DMT) please familiarize yourself with the diet restrictions as there are some foods you will not be able to eat. Also have you experienced vaporized DMT? It is incredibly powerful and i have never taken it orally and am not sure i would ever be ready for an extended experience you may want to make sure you are comfortable and safe with the idea of it.

Good luck i hope someone with more experience can comment.

just eat some mushrooms. Ralph Metzner in his book, "The Ayahuasca Experience," readily admits that dmt and psilocybin break down into the same identical chemical when metabolized. Ayuahuasca is just old wine in new skins. A significant mushroom dose will give you the same experience. Don't be dumb.

just eat some mushrooms. Ralph Metzner in his book, "The Ayahuasca Experience," readily admits that dmt and psilocybin break down into the same identical chemical when metabolized. Ayuahuasca is just old wine in new skins. A significant mushroom dose will give you the same experience. Don't be dumb.

Can you elaborate why you think it is 'dumb' to take ayahuasca. Also, Ralph Metzner is a great psychologist and writer, but either you have misread his words, or he is mistaken. Psilocybin and DMT do not have the same metabolic fate. Finally, have you tried ayahuasca? Most people who have do not find it to be like a mushroom experience. And adding harmine to mushrooms does not result in an ayahuasca-like experience for most people anyway.

DMT metabolism:

"Twenty-four-hour urine samples were obtained from 10 healthy male volunteers following administration of an oral dose of encapsulated freeze-dried ayahuasca (1.0 mg DMT/kg body weight). Results showed that less than 1% of the administered DMT dose was excreted unchanged. Around 50% was recovered as indole-3-acetic acid but also as DMT-N-oxide (10%) and other MAO-independent compounds. Recovery of DMT plus metabolites reached 68%. Harmol, harmalol, and tetrahydroharmol conjugates were abundant in urine. "

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/dta.1344/abstract

Psilocin/psilocybin metabolism:

"Early metabolic studies suggested that psilocin only undergoes oxidative metabolism via a presumed intermediate metabolite, 4-hydroxyindole-3-acetaldehyde, to yield 4-hydroxyindole-3-acetic acid and 4-hydroxytryptophole (Holzmann, 1995; Hasler et al., 1997). However, later pharmacokinetic and forensic studies provided evidence that psilocin is mostly eliminated by conjugative metabolism as psilocin glucuronide (Sticht and Käferstein, 2000; Grieshaber et al., 2001). It was found that addition of β-glucuronidase to the detection assays for psilocin in body fluids yielded additional psilocin, presumably released from psilocin glucuronide (Hasler et al., 2002; Kamata et al., 2003). Moreover, direct analysis by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) of serum samples 5 h after mushroom intoxication showed that up to 80% of the psilocin was present as the glucuronide conjugate (Kamata et al., 2006)."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2835393/

So that means you are dumb. ;)

Last edited:

And you think that it is just the DMT that makes the effects of ayahuasca? You can add tons of ingredients and all the 'standard' ingredients have all kinds of (unidentified) chemicals which also play a role in it's metabolization and effect.

You should plan on starting with low doses. Each botanical species has different constituents and the potency of individual batches of material may vary.

Previously I had amazing Ayahuasca experiences with ~3 grams of syrian rue tea and ~10 grams of mimosa hostilis inner root bark.

I could give you the recipe I used if you're using the same plants.

Last edited:
NO my friend, you are the dumb one. Ralph Metzner is probably one of the greatest living psychedelic experts and he says in his book the psychedelic experience that DMT and Psilocybin get metabolized into the same chemical when they cross the blood brain barrier. He says this in his book, "The Ayahuasca Experience." Yes, I have done Ayahuasca several times and find it identical to high dosage mushroom trips. Completely identical qualitatively. Ayahuasca ceremonies are fun, the music, the chanting, the icaros. But that is what you are paying for. The show. Cause Ayahuasca does all the same things to you brain that mushrooms do. Just in higher doses. so read all the chemistry you like. "For those who don't know, no explanation will teach them. For those who know, no explanation is required." Look at you looking up silly words on the internet cause you don't know..

Can you basically get all the ingredients for auhasacha from that big company with a rainforests name? I know they do not have mhrb as I am having one hell of a time trying to find mhrb domestically.
If so what would they be and how do you prepare them?

You should plan on starting with low doses. Each botanical species has different constituents and the potency of individual batches of material may vary.

Previously I had amazing Ayahuasca experiences with ~3 grams of syrian rue tea and ~10 grams of mimosa hostilis inner root bark.

I could give you the recipe I used if you're using the same plants.

Yeah would be nice, please share the recipe

this is pretty dumb comment..... I've done both extensively and there is QUITE a difference.... this is literally the most smug comment i've heard. .. While it is true, that one could say "thats why god made mushrooms, so that it'd all be in the one substance, a single psychoactive ingredient as opposed to two" ...... the truth is ayahuasca has it's own special magic energy... which feels more occult, black-magicy (in a good way) and a powerful healer and potential life changer.... where as mushrooms tends to be a bit more personal, and they can make you laugh (although i've gotten the giggles on ayahuasca many times as well)

i would say that unless you've taken mushrooms several times first, skip the ayahuasca..... when you are ready everything you need to know is on dmt-nexus.me

NO my friend, you are the dumb one. Ralph Metzner is probably one of the greatest living psychedelic experts and he says in his book the psychedelic experience that DMT and Psilocybin get metabolized into the same chemical when they cross the blood brain barrier. He says this in his book, "The Ayahuasca Experience." Yes, I have done Ayahuasca several times and find it identical to high dosage mushroom trips. Completely identical qualitatively. Ayahuasca ceremonies are fun, the music, the chanting, the icaros. But that is what you are paying for. The show. Cause Ayahuasca does all the same things to you brain that mushrooms do. Just in higher doses. so read all the chemistry you like. "For those who don't know, no explanation will teach them. For those who know, no explanation is required." Look at you looking up silly words on the internet cause you don't know..

Ralph Metzner is wonderful but he is not a pharmacologist. If you would bother to read what I cited, the metabolic fate of psilocin/psilocybin and DMT (with or without MAOIs) is known and they are not the same. It doesn't matter how great of a psychologist Metzner is, psilocybin is dephosphoralated to psilocin which is then eliminated by conjugative metabolism as psilocin glucuronide.

On the other hand, DMT is recovered as indole-3-acetic acid and DMT-N-oxide. The citations are in my prior post. Therefore you are dumb, hard-headed and cannot read simple citations. :p

Maybe you are just being a troll?

^ You said "don't be dumb" at the end of your comment as if he was supposed to know the moleculor structure of both drugs....

Mushrooms and Aya are not the same. Harmala can be intoxicating on its own, add some DMT to that and you gotta completely unique experience that is totally different from mushrooms. Ayahuasca is easier to lose yourself in the experience, i feel that it is able to transform you greatly post trip, and just generally fucks you up more.

Both are powerfully cleansing, both have themes of doom/mortality, and both will spin you out so hard you can't tell what you are. Ayahuasca is more like a once every 5 years kinda thing, mushrooms are more like every couple months. Don't want your soul getting ripped out too often, can't be good for ya. Main difference for me: Mushrooms are FUN Ayahusaca if FUCKING SCARY

Mushrooms and Aya are not the same. Harmala can be intoxicating on its own, add some DMT to that and you gotta completely unique experience that is totally different from mushrooms. Ayahuasca is easier to lose yourself in the experience, i feel that it is able to transform you greatly post trip, and just generally fucks you up more.

Both are powerfully cleansing, both have themes of doom/mortality, and both will spin you out so hard you can't tell what you are. Ayahuasca is more like a once every 5 years kinda thing, mushrooms are more like every couple months. Don't want your soul getting ripped out too often, can't be good for ya. Main difference for me: Mushrooms are FUN Ayahusaca if FUCKING SCARY

In my opinion, these substances don't 'rip your soul out' they actually show you your true self i.e you break free from the ego. For a lot of people this can be very frightening but i really like it.

I think you should get comfortable with the idea of being sick. Other than appearing to be a key part of the ayahuasca experience, I've tried ginger capsules before insufflating 2c-b before, and foubd them to be completely ineffective. I was puking up everywhere.

Maybe they can help with general, mild nausea, but if your bodies going to puke, it's going to puke.

Other than appearing to be a key part of the ayahuasca experience,

This is key. Purging is one of the most important parts of the ayahuasca experience. Although not everyone purges, most people will and do. The purge is key to the 'cleansing of the soul' aspect of ayahuasca.