• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Breaking news: CBD cures corona!!

That would be science breaking. If weed would actually cure Corona, it would be legalized on the whole planet. Don't give me fake hopes.

Research is showing that it could be beneficial - my mates uncle says it worked for his gout.

That would be science breaking. If weed would actually cure Corona, it would be legalized on the whole planet. Don't give me fake hopes.
If that were actually the case I would be immortal...
Alas, I strongly fear this is just a pipe dream ;)
I hate to tell you, but smoking weed actually lowers one's immune defense. It's a controversial subject, but it certainly has that effect on me. Had a cheeky little roll-up for two nights in a row to cheer up (I usually have it once a week) and I've got a sore throat today. Hopefully it's nothing, and I don't have a dry cough (yet), but it's not ideal with the current climate :confused:. Looks like it's going to be a rather clean lockdown - alcohol is also an immuno-suppressant!
P.S. Don't know about CBD, sorry for going off topic :p

Not that we get much, but UV from the Sun is great for Antibacterial effects. It's not that well known apparently so just throwing it out there!

I hate to tell you, but smoking weed actually lowers one's immune defense. It's a controversial subject, but it certainly has that effect on me. Had a cheeky little roll-up for two nights in a row to cheer up (I usually have it once a week) and I've got a sore throat today. Hopefully it's nothing, and I don't have a dry cough (yet), but it's not ideal with the current climate :confused:. Looks like it's going to be a rather clean lockdown - alcohol is also an immuno-suppressant!
P.S. Don't know about CBD, sorry for going off topic :p

Is this an effect of cannabis as a drug, or simply the act of smoking? The difference is important since there's alternative methods of consuming cannabis that don't involve breathing in smoke.

I'm always using my vape and I feel pretty safe to assume that it's not likely to be harmful to me and any harm that may occur would be minimal.

Is this an effect of cannabis as a drug, or simply the act of smoking? The difference is important since there's alternative methods of consuming cannabis that don't involve breathing in smoke. I'm always using my vape and I feel pretty safe to assume that it's not likely to be harmful to me and any harm that may occur would be minimal.
Good question. I've never vaped... toyed with the idea a few times but but the sad truth is that I enjoy the act of smoking a roll up :(... a couple of puffs, then I do something else, then another puff... I'm not a smoker otherwise.
Should do some research on the vaping apparel available, really :)

Good question. I've never vaped... toyed with the idea a few times but but the sad truth is that I enjoy the act of smoking a roll up :(... a couple of puffs, then I do something else, then another puff... I'm not a smoker otherwise.
Should do some research on the vaping apparel available, really :)

Plenty of decent cheap vapes on Amazon. Pretty much the same as the brand name ones just without the brand name.

Often fiddly to use because you have one button you need to press five times to turn it on and off, but they do the job of getting THC into you very efficiently.

Uses much less of your weed for a good high too. You can stretch out your supply for ages.

And when it's been vaped it's decarbed so you can easily make edibles.

Vapes are great.

It would appear that currently all vitamins and supplements are effective at curing covid-19, even though people are dying left right and centre. I guess only the non-nootropic folk are passing at this rate, while my friends skilled in the art of placebo are fully prepared for the onslaught.

There was a recent study suggesting nicotine could prevent infection to some extent. Something to do with nicotinic acetylcholine receptors being a primary route of entry for the virus, and possibly the production of ACE2? The anecdotal evidence suggests regular nicotine users could be up to 40% less likely to become infected.

There was a recent study suggesting nicotine could prevent infection to some extent. Something to do with nicotinic acetylcholine receptors being a primary route of entry for the virus, and possibly the production of ACE2? The anecdotal evidence suggests regular nicotine users could be up to 40% less likely to become infected.

I saw that, really interesting. I now wonder how will the general population percieve this? as there are families out there who belives smoking kills, ye brah, now smokin heals -- haha. Beat the virus with another virus.

Yeh, I was convincing myself of this since it all kicked off - along with booze and drugs. I know that substance abuse is supposed to compromise your immune system, but surely any self respecting virus wouldn't want to inhabit a body like mine... :\