• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Brain damage?

Azman87

Greenlighter
I almost had a year sober from drugs, with the exception of my prescribed klonopin. I went to treatment for cocaine and my family moved me across the country to start a new life. Unfortunately, at the end of December I relapsed and ended up overdosing on heroin which I didn't have much experience with. I also think klonopin contributed to the overdose. I used the H at around 4pm and my parents found me at 10pm after breaking my door down. They said I was gurgling and hunched over my sink. The second they laid me on the floor they said my heart and breathing stopped. Luckily after some time they got me back with some Cpr and the paramedics gave men narcan. The doctor said I had a heart attack and that my heart has been damaged. I felt fine when I got out of the hospital.
The hospital gave me fiorcet which when combined with my klonopin I think sent me into some type of psychosis. Long story short I ended up doing 4 40mg opanas and 6 20mg Oxys in one day, with no tolerance. After this I was taken off klonopin by my doctor and I haven't felt right since. I have problems remembering, thinking, and I'm not able to watch tv because I can't concentrate. Also I can't really recall anything that I read. Before this I was of above average intelligence, with a great job in finance and would describe myself as a quick learner. The last two months have been hell. Do you think I could have brain damage or is the benzo withdrawal making me feel like this. Anyone's advice would be appreciated. I know this was reckless and stupid. I'm in sort of a crisis, kind of regretting what happened.

I think it's going to take more time for your system to reach homeostasis - its natural resting point. Was the change in psyche after your overdose or later on after coming off the klonopin?

Sorry to hear that man, I was fucked up on some hardcore antipsychs before too. It's been 2+ years and I'm not really better yet...my brain works, on my best days now, far worse than my worst days or even when I used to go get drunk. If this was a one time thing, idk. If you've done this off and on, I wouldn't be too hopeful.