Brag about an upcoming or past show ver HUH? What? Sorry my ears are still ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I post about this again?

I don't care I'm going to post about it again. I finally tried to fall asleep somewhere around 3am, I posted that first post at like 2, and couldn't stay asleep past 6am. I felt this wild feeling, and my dreams were bright and fierce. I've been dancing all morning and the sun is so bright and shining. I must sound like I'm having a manic episode. It was just so incredible! And I felt all these really gay feelings. Like I was watching my friends do something so fun and happy and so cool, and I felt all this youthful exuberance about the future that I'm sure was the opposite of the feeling in 1983. It was thrilling and I just felt so in love with everything. Basically I was stone cold sober but I felt like I was rolling my fucking face off. All I could do was dance and sing and just feel so full of all this emotion. It was so fucking good. I'll be high off this feeling for days.

go fuck a sunset, hippie.

go fuck a sunset, hippie.

fuck you old man it was awesome. hello ocho guy was wearing akron/family shirt. lol. now i've been combing the internet for a fucking cover of "Sock it 2 Me" (Missy Elliott) by David Byrne.

Fuck the jadedchicken, I'm sure he remembers his repressed feels you get from the power and energy of live music

I dunno what I really think about the Bonnaroo lineup
Some good acts in there but some others are like wtf

bonnaroo-2014-lineup-poster-608x608.jpg

I haven't been to Bonnaroo since 2010, and I've seen it progressively get more mainstream and diverse every year during that period
Can anyone chime in on how it's been the past few years?

i'm just busting ken's hairy black balls. i'm glad she had a magical night.

bonnaroo - meh. it looks similar to the last few years. some really mainstream names, with some acts i'd really like to see sprinkled throughout. i'll pass. i'm sure it'd be fun, but i ain't spendin all that money to go cook my face off in the middle of tennessee in the middle of the summer. i wish bonnaroo was heady again.

Lonnie Holley opened for Deerhunter and Black Lips last night.

The whole show was gnarly. I had a friend give me tickets at face value at the last minute, after searching for 2 weeks.

k85i9PI.jpg

BvHA0lm.jpg

Got a little drunk and sloppy toward the end. Me, that is.

Variety Playhouse

Stumbling distance

I scarfed my burrito as I walked home.

Ah, I thought maybe it was Terminal West. (The only venue I've been to in ATL.)
I wish I had a venue that was in stumbling distance so badly.

I saw some bangin-ass bluegrass last night while tripping on mescaline and a wee bit of 4-AcO-DMT.

Wicklow Atwater & The Fallen Flame, and their sister band, The Kidneys (the latter was not bluegrass, more like really high energy progressive punk)

Ah, I thought maybe it was Terminal West. (The only venue I've been to in ATL.)
I wish I had a venue that was in stumbling distance so badly.

I like Terminal West (I dig it), but I've only been there once. I just don't like leaving my bubble.

Last edited:
@ your edit. That's quite the trip, jeeze. I drove from Central FL to Terminal West to see an of Montreal show that I couldn't miss due to a new band lineup and a killer new album. Luckily I was on the guest list, otherwise having to pay for tickets plus the 8 hour drive would have sucked and possibly been a deal breaker. Sound & Light crew are totally the way into being a successful groupie.

Terminal West is cool, I just don't like how "clean" and "orderly" it is i.e. you get busted for spliffs. Next show is hopefully Mac De Marco at GF.

Terminal West is cool, I just don't like how "clean" and "orderly" it is i.e. you get busted for spliffs. Next show is hopefully Mac De Marco at GF.

you smoke your spliffs outside on the deck, newb. i like t west. awesome beer/booze selection....never have to wait on a drink because of all the bars they have and you can open your tab and get a beer at any of the bars in the venue and it charges your card without opening a new tab. also, late night shows at northside tavern after t west shows are where da gold at.

that said, i've been seeing shows at the variety for 20 years now....yep, 20 fucking years. it's probably my favorite venue on earth. the sound at the VP is much better than t west. so i would much prefer the VP. the location to my place doesn't hurt either. although, i think i'm moving to kirkwood in a month or two.

you smoke your spliffs outside on the deck, newb. i like t west. awesome beer/booze selection....never have to wait on a drink because of all the bars they have and you can open your tab and get a beer at any of the bars in the venue and it charges your card without opening a new tab. also, late night shows at northside tavern after t west shows are where da gold at.

that said, i've been seeing shows at the variety for 20 years now....yep, 20 fucking years. it's probably my favorite venue on earth. the sound at the VP is much better than t west. so i would much prefer the VP. the location to my place doesn't hurt either. although, i think i'm moving to kirkwood in a month or two.

that's cool, i know a lot of people moving in April. buh bye inman park memories.

my top Atlanta concerts are:

Killer Mike - Goat Farm
Talking Heads Cover thing - Goat Farm
Twin Shadow - The EARL
Big Freedia - The EARL

so my favorite venues are either the EARL or Goat Farm. Goat Farm gets points for vague illegality.

Yea, I don't really wanna move, but it just makes more sense for me right now. .5 miles to downtown kirkh00d, big back yard for idiot dog and like a block away from awesome memorial ave crack dealers. I'll be dead by football season.

I'd really like to go see broken bells tomorrow night, but I probably won't. Might go see the last waltz ensemble on Saturday at smiths.

Widespread is playing in a fucking cave tonight in Tennessee. I tried for tix but it sold out in under a minute.

http://www.bluegrassunderground.com

Yea, I don't really wanna move, but it just makes more sense for me right now. .5 miles to downtown kirkh00d, big back yard for idiot dog and like a block away from awesome memorial ave crack dealers. I'll be dead by football season.

I'd really like to go see broken bells tomorrow night, but I probably won't. Might go see the last waltz ensemble on Saturday at smiths.

Widespread is playing in a fucking cave tonight in Tennessee. I tried for tix but it sold out in under a minute.

http://www.bluegrassunderground.com

i had extra tix to broken bells! shoulda hollered at me. i didn't go.

Status
Not open for further replies.