• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Brachial plexus avulsion injury/methadone

stitchez.ej

Greenlighter
I occasionally come across references to the horribly dangerous and incredibly addictive hell drug, methadone. I have a rare very high level cns injury and in 29 yrs of treatment the only medication that helped deal with an indescribable pain level is methadone- however in the early 2000s due to very poor sales of the miracle drug suboxone, it was determined that the cheaper and much more successful methadone had to go- so ANY questionable OD of any drug was blamed on methadone whenever possible- take80mg of xanax and have a,10mg methadone in your pocket? Methadone OD. Off heroin for 6 months with methadone maintenance then decide to bang 4Xs your usual dose? Methadone OD. Methadone was in my actual personal experience, less desirable than tramadol on the street until it became headline news on CNN, which coincidently was when DEA and Malencroght pharm agreed to stop production of 40mg wafers and increase production of 10mg tablets by 300%-- however, when pain mgt patients went to the drugstore to fill scrips, no drugstores had methadone in stock. At least60-75% was diverted to street BY THE DEA. Itcwas 2009-2011 or so this happened if I remember correctly, abd suddenly after 10 years of poor sales, suboxone took off. And I have been trying to get legal Dr assisted suicide ever since. Because i have to fight for every methdone scrip i get, and,every time I've had to do without it for 3-6 months i wind up in ICU after losing 40-50 lbs, getting septicemia and eventually being found somewhere, maybe in my house or a motel laying on the floor unconscious in 6-7 days of my own waste. Because I can't get methadone because, I'm told, it's responsible for 5% of prescriptions, but 30% of death by overdose--- (yes a pain mgt Dr told me this preposterous "fact" many times over 2 years of barely keeping me alive with a minimum rx dose of methadone-- he had other incredible bits of wisdom he shared-- something about 40% of ODs are pain mgt patients-- CDC in Atlanta restricts methadone presciptions to 20mg per day-- Drs have to be "specially trained" and licenced to prescribe it. However he would give steroid shots to anyone, any time, anywhere at $1200 each even though The MANUFACTURER of said shots states they are not to be used in c Spine and only for limited use in specific areas of the lumbar. Whatever. )
What I want to know is why does methadone actually seem to promote neural function in CNS injuries like Traumatic Brachial Plexus Avulsion injuries and lateral tears and rips to the spinal cord? NOT nerve damage but actual destruction to the 31 pairs or nerves that actually makeup the spinal cord itself.
Does any one with severe spinal CORD trauma gain increased function with methadone? I have to know!!

This is really outside of our area of expertise man. It seems that you're really wanting to discuss some of the finer points of analgesia and Methadone and that's just not really what we're about. These are questions for more academic types.