• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Boyfriends nodding out concerned

Concerned&scared

Greenlighter
Im not familiar with drug use of any kind but I'm not completely stupid im scared my boyfriend whom I love so much had his teeth pulled for us it was percacete then he had a suboxine and then it was methadone pills he says he hasn't taken anything since but the last 3 days he's been nodding out example nodded out sitting up trying to plug my phone into charger then with food in his mouth it gets worse while he was smoking. Almost dropped a lite ciggerate in his lap. When he nods out he's got his mouth wide open and slow breathing what could he be doing.? I'm scared he has no needle marks but idk whats going on please help im begging

He's on one of those things for sure. Nodding out is a great example of heavy opiate intoxication. It's normal if you do a high dose, but means he's dangerous close to an overdose. Just watch him to see he's breathing and I guess you can try to confront him about it.

Methadone can cause this in people without tolerance, and it can take some time to wear off. Why is he using methadone (or suboxone) for having teeth pulled? If he wasn't using anything before the tooth extraction, this sounds like an excuse to openly use whatever.

Needing traditional opiates for a standard tooth extraction is very unnecessary in my opinion, or even any opiate so to say. I was in state prison and had teeth pulled on a couple occasions, and they had a cut and dry policy of Motrin only, or Tylenol, and to be quite honest, Motrin did just fine, pain is a part of life, and a pulled tooth is no reason for narcotics. I feel your bf I using that as an excuse to justify his opiate use, I only see opiates necessary for maybe wisdom teeth extraction or for dry socket. I speak in all fairness

WTH. I have never ever heard of a dentist giving out scripts for methadone or subs. At least not in America. And I have a few dentist in my family. Dentist normally write scripts in small does for Ty 3's or 4, hydrocodone, loratab, ibuprofen, percocet, high dose motrin, etc. So my friend, something sounds strange. He likely is on a heavy opiate. You may want to have an honest talk with your mate. Good luck.

its crazy how much dope american dentists dole out! all we get in the UK is a numbing injection.
and yh he's on opiates.

Needing traditional opiates for a standard tooth extraction is very unnecessary in my opinion, or even any opiate so to say. I was in state prison and had teeth pulled on a couple occasions, and they had a cut and dry policy of Motrin only, or Tylenol, and to be quite honest, Motrin did just fine, pain is a part of life, and a pulled tooth is no reason for narcotics. I feel your bf I using that as an excuse to justify his opiate use, I only see opiates necessary for maybe wisdom teeth extraction or for dry socket. I speak in all fairness

Sorry, tough guy, but this is absurd. What they gave you in prison has no bearing on what is responsible or necessary for dentists and oral surgeons on the outside to prescribe for infections, extractions, etc. Years ago I had 7 teeth extracted, including a wisdom tooth, and for a good two days after each that pain is excruciating (infections/abscesses even worse). My oral surgeon was more than happy to write me several scripts for 20-30 Percocet.

"Pain is a part of life"
And...? That means people shouldn't be provided some relief? Tylenol and Motrin simply do not cut it for tooth pain; it's the worst pain I've ever experienced, and I've broken bones all over my body.

Sorry for taking this off topic...

I had said, a standard tooth extraction, wisdom teeth is more along the lines of seeing an oral surgeon, which is a bit more complicated than simply getting a tooth pulled. I been through the pain of wisdom teeth getting pulled, it was hell, along with getting dry socket which was very painful. 're read my post, at the bottom.
I did just fine with motrin for a pulled tooth, then again, society this day in age feels entitled to have a narcotic for every ache and pain, who am I to judge anyway. .

Sorry, tough guy, but this is absurd. What they gave you in prison has no bearing on what is responsible or necessary for dentists and oral surgeons on the outside to prescribe for infections, extractions, etc. Years ago I had 7 teeth extracted, including a wisdom tooth, and for a good two days after each that pain is excruciating (infections/abscesses even worse). My oral surgeon was more than happy to write me several scripts for 20-30 Percocet. .

ahaaha, that's what dentist is like in Britain outside of prison!
couple of Novocain injections and then its all drill baby drill, or whatever procedure.

but don't get me wrong - goddamn i envy Americans when it comes to that shit, i hate hate hate the dentist and all you guys have to do is go to sleep and wake up with the procedure alllll done and an Rx for painkillers? truly a thing of beauty
but you also need to recognize the privileged position that you;re in when you're receiveing dental care of such caliber that not even the NHS can afford to do it like that

tl;dr i wish i had an american dentist

Not all American dentists are this way , outside of prison that is. I have ran into a lot that will not give narcotics unless it's a serious procedure like wisdom teeth or going to an oral surgeon. The majority of dentists that to prescribe, it's usually codeine or low dose hydrocodone, before anyone debates with me, I said keyword majority. Many Dentists know that narcotics are most of the time not needed unless it's a complicated procedure.