Bout to just C/T gabapentin

Well it's been since last week I stopped gabapentin. Today and kinda lately I've been waking up with insomnia. It really hasn't been all that bad but like right now I woke up after taking my night time meds and I'm still up. Is that's funky I got no sleep either insomnia.

So I am rather puzzled as to why it took so long to feel any rebound effects because gabapentin doesn't have a very long half life.

I was also using kratom to mask the withdrawals and I was doing quite well. Until tolerance became a issue then now all I'm dealing with is a little anxiety and insomnia. So fort he most part I'm ok.

Maybe it is just because you got off the kratom, and this is essentially a little kratom w/d?

Wulp, went like a week and a half without gabapentin. I felt fine I think mainly because of the kratom. Since depression is like the major symptom I have during withdrawal. Well I got back on it the sixteenth and today is the 23rd. So not fully ten days but I've went through 120 four mg gabapentin and almost 90 300 mg gabapentin. Ya my PCP put me in it for the leg pain I got through.

So now I'm just wondering is it going to be that bad. Do I really need to stress over something that doesn't need to be stressed about. I did fine last time. I just accepted I was willing to come off it and I did. Unfortunately I got back on because I was craving the high because it hadn't been in my system for awhile. Now I'm just worrying myself to death again. It prolly won't even be that bad. Then hopefully I'll just get sick of this drug and finally quit.

The vivid horrifying nightmares were the worst for me. I get them every single night. So bad I have to take benzos to sleep

I always have nightmares. Their just magnified with gabapentin withdrawal but mainly benzo withdrawal. I've been taking klonopin since 2010 so I really just get the benefits of anxiety relief but they do not stop the nightmares. My main symptom is depression and it's like that, there is no hope depression. It sucks really bad.

I just don't think my withdrawals will be as bad as if I where coming off it for nine years straight. It's more like that week and half I detoxes pretty good. Than I felt the pull of temptation to get it and abuse it. Since I've abused it in such a short amount of time I think that plays a factor in how bad it will be.

Can anyone chime on their experience with going cold turkey than picking it back up. Does the one and half week detox dry out consider stopping the med and when I picked it back up I've went through so many gabapentin capsules.

So I know without kratom I'm going to be very depressed. I think klonopin is going to mask the anxiety but the depression and if I have worse nightmares will be the worst of it. I just need knowledge from someone who has extensive use of gabapentin.

Like I really think all these horror stories about how gabapentin withdrawals are hell is what sets a person up for fear. Thus making the person believe their going to have bad withdrawals. My roommate never gets withdrawals from anything. He can cold turkey Norco and lyrica. The only problem he has is he says his pain comes back. He doesn't focus on the hidden symptoms that forums describe as a living hell. He doesn't even google. That's why I think it's all in the head. But I do know for a fact once gabapentin is gone and you jump there is some discomfort with it so don't get me wrong.

This thread is crazy. Waaaaaait a second, i cant stop taking them and i'm on 800mg 4x a day. Uhh Ohh, another fucking gaba-anything WD. SHIT son, i just got out of a detox and...I'm gonna have to detox after detoxing my ass off. Great. Wait, I'm with w0w0mg, I'm not stopping gabapentin, it's the lesser of 2 evils and I dunno how to stay off of benzos and opiates yet.

I been on 3200mg a day for 5 years on and off,(with biiiiig periods of benzo use in between). WD's for me from gabapentin (when I'm in rehab/detox/jail/whatever) is maaaainly no sleep and worse back pain. Kind of. It doesnt kill pain but it def mutes it at higher doses. I take 4g at one time usually tho. At that dose it kind of works better. Or does it? I still dunno if I "feel" them or not. Prolly killing my liver but fuck my liver...

Sonicwhite, What doya need w/ someone with "extensive knowledge"? Why are you eating them like candy? BC they suck, that's why, lol--Is there WD? Yes. Kind of. Not as acute as other "drugs" but it is annoying as hell in the long run. Good luck staying off them after using better shit too IMO... Gabapentin WD'S are hell because they are sometimes people's last thing they are taking too. They blunt pain and SOME (a tiny amt.)of anxiety/depression. Kratom and weed help a LOT with withdraws though, and benzo's kill the shit for me, which is when i stay off them for the most part. (Serotonin syndrome SUCKS)

Or is it in my head? Do these even work? Am I holding on to these pieces of shit because of some kind of "fear" sonic was talking about? Damn these things. I need to just smoke weed and eat kratom, but fuck, i keep going back to the doctor then the pharmacy to get these. Meh, just something to think about i guess. Or write about to strangers on a forum or some shit. Lol.

I always have nightmares. Their just magnified with gabapentin withdrawal but mainly benzo withdrawal. I've been taking klonopin since 2010 so I really just get the benefits of anxiety relief but they do not stop the nightmares. My main symptom is depression and it's like that, there is no hope depression. It sucks really bad.

I just don't think my withdrawals will be as bad as if I where coming off it for nine years straight. It's more like that week and half I detoxes pretty good. Than I felt the pull of temptation to get it and abuse it. Since I've abused it in such a short amount of time I think that plays a factor in how bad it will be.
Benzos don't take away the ptsd ish nightmares. I take enough benzo to induce a comatose-like sleep so I won't have nightmares. I have to increase my benzo usage every night to keep up the blackout effect.

These are not just any kind of nightmares. It's a torturous nightmare like people with ptsd have. I would wake up every morning traumatized. I would just lay in bed for an hour staring at the ceiling, trying to process what the hell just happened. The nightmares are so fucking real dude, that when I wakw up I have to spend an hour just to convince myself they aren't real.

I rather suffer through a benzo addiction down the road ( i have gone through benzo withdrawal hell before) than to have those fucking night mares. They're crazy!

Last edited:
I know what nightmares you're talking about. I would get them a lot running out of klonopin. Then I said screw this I'm just going to take my klonopin right. And besides benzos have lost their power to get me high. For the gabapentin it's a whole other story. They will lose their juice but it always comes back. That's why I have always stayed in a constant cycle with these things since 2012. Man when I stopped in 2011 I wished I never picked them up again.

I'm getting ready to go through the same thing. My doctor who prescribed refused to do a taper and told me to just stop taking it. I tried and it was a nightmare. I've called her office several times and they won't even return my call. I hope it all goes well for you.

The fuck? She shouldn't be dispensing powerful, mind altering drugs then. Universally accepted medical advice worldwide will tell you to taper off any drug like this!

This just effin sucks. Man, why am I so stuck on gabapentin. Is it the fear that if I do more hardcore drugs I will actually die this time of an overdose.

I love kratom. But I make SSDI because I have PTSD MDD w psychotic features. OCD Pure O at that. And insomnia. I see a shrink but my therapist cannot see how I'm addicted to gabapentin. I told her. It's our secret. She is so cool. But, anyways. I hate this demon. I always get stuck in the fear that I'm going to go through the worst withdrawals.

When I detoxes earlier I was on kratom. I bought a pound. But kratom strains have to be switched up so I don't make enough money to but several strains. So I go a good week without noticeable withdrawals since the kratom is masking it. Then it poops out and I go back to the demonic gabapentin and get sucked into abusing it all over again. Man, I'm getting tired of this.