Bout to just C/T gabapentin

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
I cannot be trusted with this medication. There is no way to wean. If I cannot be trusted with a lot, how can I be trusted with very little. The thing is I always have escaped going through withdrawals. But I'm getting sick of this demon. My nightmares get worse because my dosage is never at a steady level.

I have PTSD and I'm tired of this gripping obsession to get high off of it. I accidentally found out it could get you high when I was withdrawaling from Xanax. So I'm just here saying I'm going to go through hell but I keep saying I'm tired of this but I truly am.

Good luck! You may just be one of the lucky ones like me. I c/t'd gabapentin after taking it for 6 months (~3g/day). All I had withdrawal wise was an unpleasant headache / hangover feeling the first day, and felt antsy on the second day. After that it was plain sailing. I do seem to be in the minority getting off so easy, but it it happened to me it could happen to others.

Good luck!

However I do have to say this. My mother was on gabapentin and she had serious auditory hallucinations.

I cannot be trusted with this medication. There is no way to wean. If I cannot be trusted with a lot, how can I be trusted with very little. The thing is I always have escaped going through withdrawals. But I'm getting sick of this demon. My nightmares get worse because my dosage is never at a steady level.

I have PTSD and I'm tired of this gripping obsession to get high off of it. I accidentally found out it could get you high when I was withdrawaling from Xanax. So I'm just here saying I'm going to go through hell but I keep saying I'm tired of this but I truly am.

How much gabapentin do you take a day and how long have you been taking it?

I'm supposed to take four hundred mg three times a day but I take the bottle in like a week. That's 120 pills gone in seven days. I've been through gabapentin withdrawal before but without klonopin so I was going through klonopin and gabapentin withdrawal.

Then in 2011 I got fed up and cold turkeyed the bitches and went thru withdrawals for twelve days. It sucked. My nightmares where crazy. And the cold sweats were the worst. Now I go through hot flashes so I'm just busting through my addiction. I'm tired of this shit.

Gotcha. Are you taking anything other than gabapentin now? Especially anything else you have the same issue of binging on with?

I'm getting ready to go through the same thing. My doctor who prescribed refused to do a taper and told me to just stop taking it. I tried and it was a nightmare. I've called her office several times and they won't even return my call. I hope it all goes well for you.

Sorry Jen I know that sucks. Um, I take klonopin as prescribed and sonata to sleep but gabapentin was all I was binging on.

Have you told your doctor you want to stop taking it? That worked for me - because generally when stuff is around I enjoy getting down, even against my better judgement.

No, I've been just putting it off. I know once the withdrawals are over I will never want to touch it again. Just how it works for me unfortunately.

I just know it's going to be rough. But I also think that ppls horror stories set the mind up to fail. I mean I run out Tuesday but I'm just going to stop now because I know it's coming. The klonopin will keep me from seizing up but won't do jack for the nightmares. Hopefully now I can get this demon off of me that I've wanted off for some time.

I just noticed that pain producing good things in me. It just sucks going through it. And I don't want to have suicidle thoughts but I would never act on them.

Good luck man!
I'm prescribed 600 mg 4 times a day and I want to get off of it.
For me, it doesn't get me high no matter how much I take.
It does help with my anxiety and pain but barely.

I want to start weening myself off but I'm having the same issue when it comes to tapering.

You're doing great my friend, keep it up!
I'm scared of gabapentin withdrawals myself.
I haven't been thru them due to the fact I'm way too scared.
Also, I'm afraid if I have withdrawals I will substitute it with opiates or benzos,
which I can't take due to me being a crazy drug addict.

My hat is off to you. Please keep us posted.
Much love to you friend!

Wulp, it's day three. Granted I've had kratom but it doesn't take away the muscle weakness and fast heartbeat. But it takes away the grueling depression that seems to never end.

I'm getting ready to go through the same thing. My doctor who prescribed refused to do a taper and told me to just stop taking it. I tried and it was a nightmare. I've called her office several times and they won't even return my call. I hope it all goes well for you.

Wow that's horrible. Sorry to hear this.

If you can see your doctor in the near future try to get a script for Indural (propranolol). It's a nonaddictive beta blocker that will help regulate your heart beat and also keep adrenaline levels fairly normal so you're not coming out of your skin. If you can't see your doctor get a good bioavailable form of magnesium- it should help both your muscles and regulate your heart beat. Keep going strong and remember when it's bad that its temporary. Best wishes!

Wulp, I can fully say. That I'm done with it. I would wreck my mind thinking it was going to be a forever thing. Wulp, I don't have the nightmares anymore. I still have mental cravings for it but I know if I do it once I'll keep doing it. Thanks guys.

Congrats on making it past that shit!!! I've been reading your thread, but have no experience with gaba, so I didn't have anything to add. But, I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better!

- VE

Bravo sonic! Let us know how you're doing tomorrow or in a few days at the least. I'm really curious. I'll have been using it for about a month or two to aid in the early PAWS from methadone, and I'm always on the alert for any anecdotal stuff from other people who used and are getting off the stuff. Weird, albeit useful, drug gabapentin is. . .

Keep up the good work!! <3