Bought some GBL online. Netherlands -> UK

F

Fucking Idiot

Well as the title says I was quite drunk and I decided to buy 2 litres of GBL off a website that had a 12 hour delivery option. When I woke up the next day I realised how stupid what I had done was and rushed to cancel the order but it had already been delivered. I used my bank card and it was sent to my university halls address...

The package had not been opened since it was sent from the netherlands via UPS express. The box says 'DESC: Soap' and has a hand written '2LBL' on the corner of the front and on the shipping label which is why I am assuming that it was not opened on the way.

What do you think are the chances that I will get a letter/visit from the police, this could not only mess up my criminal record but also my education.

Please don't tell me how stupid this was as I already know...

It's not your package until you sign/open it. (70% sure, legally)
Being the noid I am I would be patient with it's opening.

I would say the chances of you getting raided or in trouble if ur sure the package hasn't been opened is slim. If you are worried, get rid of it. From what I recall that is a fair bit of the stuff so it wouldn't be good to get caught with it.

Would have thought it most likely it wouldn't have got through customs and you would have got a letter if it had been picked up. But then again it could have been sent with the plan to raid you, but it doesn't seem very likely.

Safest thing would be to just poor it down the sink.

ps I am unsure it should go down the sink as its a solvent isnt it so probably have to look at the best way environmentally speaking to get rid of it.

Can't see you getting caught if it hasn't been opened, I wouldn't worry.

GBL will dissolve most plastics, but it takes a while, and you should be fine if you were to get it over and done with quickly and flush with plenty of water. Most sink pipes are made of polypropylene anyway I think, which is tough stuff. But I really think you're worrying too much; the police aren't some omniscient force, and a couple of litres of G isn't exactly a big deal. It's definitely not worth letting someone receive and then raid them later. If it got through customs, you're fine.

You're probably fine; if they were going to arrest you they'd have done a controlled delivery. You do realize that most drugs found in the UK are just mailed there right?

Man, go pick that shit up and drink it or whatever you do with it. If it was a problem it would have been seized at customs and you get a letter saying they confiscated your shit. They are not gonna have some major sting operation for a little GBL at a school. you are not that important. If you had a few kilo's of cocaine, I would say be careful. They also have enough to make a case already. Your name is on it and you paid for it somehow, so easy shit to prove. They wouldn't wait til you pick it up, they would just come arrest you if they wanted to, so man up and go get that shit

^ I'm going to let this post in, but ORIGINAL POSTER PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: THE ABOVE IS ONE PERSON'S OPINION AND NOTHING IS GUARANTEED. Only you can decide what level of risk you're willing to accept.

Man, go pick that shit up and drink it or whatever you do with it. If it was a problem it would have been seized at customs and you get a letter saying they confiscated your shit. They are not gonna have some major sting operation for a little GBL at a school. you are not that important. If you had a few kilo's of cocaine, I would say be careful. They also have enough to make a case already. Your name is on it and you paid for it somehow, so easy shit to prove. They wouldn't wait til you pick it up, they would just come arrest you if they wanted to, so man up and go get that shit

You are incorrect. They JUST banned GBL in the UK. It's a hot item politically right now. I would not be surprised to see lots of controlled deliveries. They might start training sniffer dogs to sniff for it.

However, if they were going to bust you, they would almost certainly make the arrest on the scene of the mail pickup, or within 24 hours with a warrant to raid your residence looking for it.

^The UK's kind of different to the States Coolio, our government isn't quite so dedicated to pursuing people who buy lightly controlled drugs for personal use as yours is. Personal quantities of a Class C are unlikely to get anything more than a fine or a caution, and it just doesn't seems worthwhile to set up a controlled delivery just for a slap on the wrist. If you were bringing in serious amounts, intent to supply kind of amounts, they might, but I can't see them bothering with small-time users. Like you say, Royal Mail are probably the top drug smugglers in the country, loads of stuff gets through to us.

Well as the title says I was quite drunk and I decided to buy 2 litres of GBL off a website that had a 12 hour delivery option. When I woke up the next day I realised how stupid what I had done was and rushed to cancel the order but it had already been delivered. I used my bank card and it was sent to my university halls address...

The package had not been opened since it was sent from the netherlands via UPS express. The box says 'DESC: Soap' and has a hand written '2LBL' on the corner of the front and on the shipping label which is why I am assuming that it was not opened on the way.

What do you think are the chances that I will get a letter/visit from the police, this could not only mess up my criminal record but also my education.

Please don't tell me how stupid this was as I already know...

Hi there., I think you should stop worrying, if its got through its probably ok, and I don't think the Police will bother to arrest you even if you were known, (very unlikely), you could always plead ignorance anyway! It was legal till very recently. I am not worried about ordering it. I did recently. Anyway well done for ordering it and not getting ripped off like I did!..[edited: asking for sources and/or giving sources is prohibited on Bluelight]
ps I really think you have nothing to worry about x

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd imagine if something were going to happen involving any authorities (police, customs etc.) the package would have been intercepted and you would have had an officer turn up at yer door instead of a package of GBL. Don't worry about it and enjot it ;)

Unless there is more to the story than your telling (granted I live in the usa so it could be very different there) but here they need to really catch you with the drugs (or have the drugs and be willing to lie in court that they caught u with them).

So ordering online for a one time thing (ongoing orders are different, they can produce paperwork demonstrating like an ongoing conspiracy of sorts) they would have to do a controlled delivery- a postal cop comes with the gbl and has you sign for it then busts you OR they call you with some bullshit reason why you need to go to the post office to get your package- most drug abusers are very impulsive so they won't think it through, they will jump in their car and race to the post office lol.

I would NEVER go to the post office to pick up anything illegal, EVER. I don't care if it's a 10,000 to 1 shot I get arrested, it's not worth it to me. They have more control at a post office, they can dick you around and have you wait while they get a postal cop with a badge to arrest you, call the local cops who are 5 min away, etc...

At your residence it's much more risky for them as they care a LOT about officer safety. They don't know who is in your apartment with a shotgun tweaking off meth for the past 6 days, etc. Cops like to control the environment when they are making arrests.

Keep us posted, it's always good to know what the po po are up to. Knowledge is power.

If there is anyone still taking GBL please can you pm me for a chat!

thanks guys any help much appriciated -

love and light!

Deci
x x x

Edited by Johnny1 to make post conform to Legal Discussion forum guidelines. deci, please note that until you've made 20 posts total, you won't be able to respond to anyone's PM (if I remember correctly).

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is anyone still taking GBL please can you pm me for a chat!

thanks guys any help much appriciated -

love and light!

Deci
x x x

Edited by Johnny1 to make post conform to Legal Discussion forum guidelines. deci, please note that until you've made 20 posts total, you won't be able to respond to anyone's PM (if I remember correctly).

Can't PM but if you ahve any questions just post here :)