Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Bottled Na-RALA and expiration dates

substate

Greenlighter
Hey all, hope everyone is keeping well.

I did a a search before posting with no success however it this is likely to fall into the category of a lesser asked question. I am planning on rolling tonight and I have a bottle of Na-RALA however the expiration is last month (June 21) and after searching out the bottle from my shelf I have noticed the cap have broken off at some point. The supplement itself is in veggie cap form. Obviously I would prefer to use this supplement given its protective properties and would ask if anyone can see any potential negative interaction from using a supplement that has been uncapped for roughly a year. It has been stored on my shelf in my room. A fairly neutral drafted room year round with no prevalence of either end of the temperature extreme. I realise this might be a fairly primitive question but thought it worth asking in the chance anyone can offer advice or comment. I can't see any immediate negative beyond reduced potency. The caps themselves are fairly air tight if not completely air tight (in comparison to powder left on the shelf exposed with no cap for a year.

Grateful for any insight on this.

Hey all, hope everyone is keeping well.

I did a a search before posting with no success however it this is likely to fall into the category of a lesser asked question. I am planning on rolling tonight and I have a bottle of Na-RALA however the expiration is last month (June 21) and after searching out the bottle from my shelf I have noticed the cap have broken off at some point. The supplement itself is in veggie cap form. Obviously I would prefer to use this supplement given its protective properties and would ask if anyone can see any potential negative interaction from using a supplement that has been uncapped for roughly a year. It has been stored on my shelf in my room. A fairly neutral drafted room year round with no prevalence of either end of the temperature extreme. I realise this might be a fairly primitive question but thought it worth asking in the chance anyone can offer advice or comment. I can't see any immediate negative beyond reduced potency. The caps themselves are fairly air tight if not completely air tight (in comparison to powder left on the shelf exposed with no cap for a year.

Grateful for any insight on this.
Never heard of that stuff what is it supposed to do?

Seems like quite a few people posted about either rolling or planning to tonight. Did you take the supplement? What's it for? More importantly how was your MDMA experience?

Welcome to bluelight!

Thanks for coming back on my original post.

Na-R-ALA is is a powerful antioxidant that can fight off excess free radicals and help prevent MDMA induced oxidative stress and neurotoxicity. One of those core supplements you really should be taking every time you roll to protect yourself as much as possible. I did take it in the end. No doubt overthinking it at the time of posting the above.

The experience was alright. I am at a cross roads with MDMA honestly I think. The last time was a year ago almost exactly to the date and the time prior to that was a year. Going back before I was rolling on average every 3-6 months however usually a longer gap in between. The MDMA was from an old supply (acquired 11 years or so ago) of, at the time, high dosed (circa 180mg and accounting for spread + or - 40mg either side) and from a well known popular lab I'm sure we are all aware of (reputable as much as that is possible in this world). The experience here is either dosage in nature or set and setting related rather than the quality of the MDMA.

The experience was similar to a year ago when I took the same dosage of 1 pill crushed in water. I have had some incredible experiences on these same pills from this exact batch over the years as reference. I understand that doesn't account as any definite reasoning for a weaker roll when it comes to MD but its a reference nonetheless. I eat a strong nutritional diet, take care of myself physically and have have taken no alcohol or other drugs in the last year prior to this experience. The setting was at home a large screen visualisation, trance, tech trance and psy music. My last meal was 3.5 hours before.

The comeup was the usual we can expect from MDMA. The gradual change in consciousness, spatial awareness, visual sharpness, audio enhancement, light eye wobbles and bruxism. Some slight euphoric rushes. This is generally where it ends. The effect gets more intense, my eyes are rolling around extremely rapidly to the point I can't see and the bruxism is intense. Similar to how you would be when rolling hard on a higher dose. The music is generally incredible to listen to. Just as with the last experience there is a distinct lack of euphoria in all this and the headspace is generally disappointment. There is no definitive breakthrough to elation. Little to no noticeable comedown the following day. Light head, slight nausea and extremely tired but other than that nothing that prevented the usual following days schedule as it might have done in the past.

My thinking is this is dosage related. A roll a few years back I would generally be taking upwards of 200-250mg per roll. I am a large guy at 6.4 and around 205 lbs so the higher level dose has always been the usual. As mentioned however above I have rolled hard off 1 pill in the past on multiple occasions from this same batch but the greater majority of strong rolls since have been on a higher dose. The year should have had an effect there with tolerance coming down. Interestedly in the string of experiences 2 years back when I was partaking every 3-6 months I went though a phase of strong roll, weak roll, strong roll etc. Similar initial dosages, sometimes with a second dose after 1.5 hours.

Anyway its tough and nigh on impossible to pin down the reason or reasons for the resulting experience on this occasion factoring in the year gap. My plan is likely the next experience to be a higher dosage 200-250mg and if that falls below expectation I will probably put this on the shelf until a point when a rapid change in setting presents itself. The mind is insanely powerful even against something as potent as MDMA so this could be more set and setting related than I am giving thought to. I.e. a large club night or festival vs. a solo roll at home..

Open to any insight or comments.

I would say go for the higher dose and maybe try snorting half of it. Then again if you read through my posts you'll find that i like to dose high (usually my first dose is 540mg), lol. Because of things like that some around here might say I'm the worst person to take dosing advice from.

Yeah it'a fine. More than likely would still work decent to good in five year

Remember r ala lowers blood sugar levels