• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Serious Boredom as a reason to use?

Survival0200

Bluelighter
Have you guys noticed, that when you are bored you start craving for drugs? I've personally noticed that boredom is a major reason for me, when it comes to craving for drugs. Personally I crave benzos and opiates most, because they take away the feeling of being bored. I'm retired so I have a lot of time, and at some point it started to not be a good thing. I should really get some action in my life, so I wasn't just home with my cat and be bored. Please, share your feelings!

Have you guys noticed, that when you are bored you start craving for drugs? I've personally noticed that boredom is a major reason for me, when it comes to craving for drugs. Personally I crave benzos and opiates most, because they take away the feeling of being bored. I'm retired so I have a lot of time, and at some point it started to not be a good thing. I should really get some action in my life, so I wasn't just home with my cat and be bored. Please, share your feelings!
This is the main reason I use that and to relax from the stresses of life

Maybe smoke weed instead tho thats what I've started doing as opposed to using heroin and crack I know weed is stil a drug but it has far less impact on your health a d life

Definitely. When I've been out of a job and routines, and boredom sets in, my mind travels to drugs.

However, it took me some time before I realized that boredom is a major trigger for me.

Boredom was a big factor for me too. When I got clean I had to invent hobbies and things to keep me busy when cravings hit. Once I realized that the only reason I was bored was because I was putting things off I got a little better at dealing with things.

I used to think I couldn't wash the dishes or mow the lawn or clean the toilet or wash the clothes unless I was on something. All those chores were okay when I was high but sucked when I was sober. They still suck but at least I have my peace of mind back.

Boredom was a big factor for me too. When I got clean I had to invent hobbies and things to keep me busy when cravings hit. Once I realized that the only reason I was bored was because I was putting things off I got a little better at dealing with things.

I used to think I couldn't wash the dishes or mow the lawn or clean the toilet or wash the clothes unless I was on something. All those chores were okay when I was high but sucked when I was sober. They still suck but at least I have my peace of mind back.
Boredom is a huge factor.The more you in some creative process,the less think about drugs just to get high.Even working a hard physical work for a dime is helpful to distract you and helps initially to decrease Paws,when you go towards sobriety

working a hard physical work for a dime is helpful to distract you and helps initially to decrease Paws,when you go towards sobriety
Bubs I feel hard physical work for a dime is why my addiction is worse than ever now

Its possible to yes.Especially you have using uppers

Its possible to yes.Especially you have using uppers
I know what you mean when I've got clean before and had a hard construction job it made me less likely to relapse at first as it would be impossible to hold down the job so it kinda forces you to keep clean and in the day you're busy so distracts you but I always end up using on the job eventually which don't work out

Oh absolutely!!! If I'm bored, I am almost guaranteed to crave drugs and alcohol. Boredom is your worst enemy if you're trying to stay clean.