• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

booze after endoscopy after propofol?

deos68

Bluelighter
yes i know don't drink etc but i am a boozer and have been for a long time
got the test done at 9am its currently 9pm propofol was done by IV 10 mins worth wasnt told how many mg's
anyone booze it up after a endoscopy?

Well it's probably not a good idea, right? I'm no stranger to surgery and granted, I know Endoscopy is kind of minor, but I just think that after any kind of anestesia (sp) you have to be very careful consuming CNS depressants. You've had enough of a medicine to completely numb your senses, in other words, pretty high doses. I am speaking for myself, that I would wait at least 24 hours.

If you drink to the point that you will be sick without, it's probably just as unhealthy to be recovering from surgery and be shaking and wretching about.

Well it's probably not a good idea, right? I'm no stranger to surgery and granted, I know Endoscopy is kind of minor, but I just think that after any kind of anestesia (sp) you have to be very careful consuming CNS depressants. You've had enough of a medicine to completely numb your senses, in other words, pretty high doses. I am speaking for myself, that I would wait at least 24 hours.

If you drink to the point that you will be sick without, it's probably just as unhealthy to be recovering from surgery and be shaking and wretching about.

didnt find out i ended up not drinking and being up all night full of anxiety
not sure if its alcohol WD or purely anxiety
its been a full 24 hrs already prob drink later on

Tell the nurse your a heavy drinker I had shakes when I broke my leg in December and I just told them got Ativan kept me comfy actually got sober liquor wise for first time in a year