Lost Books.. Diary of a Drug Fiend. Written by Aliester Crowley.

Opana313

Bluelighter
Not sure if I am in the right spot or not, move if need be.

This book (which I probably fucked the spelling up on this man's name) is a very great read and Mr. Lamus helps people find their true Will for he is a master Adept.

This damn book I go back to everytime I am struggling in withdrawal because it shows his method on helping this couple free them selves from H & C.

Any thoughts to anyone who has read it?
It was wrote forever ago but seems to still have a stronghold to this day.

Bit of a spoiler alert

Yeah it doesn't go too deep but when the couple arrive to The Abbey of Thelma, (apparently a real place in Italy but fictional about most parts) is where they start getting introduced to practical magick but it doesn't go to deep into the occult thing.. it's more of a roller coaster as you read the Diary but then once they finally abandon an attempt for "Dutch courage"(suicide). That's when the recovery begins which I thought was great because Lamas just gave them all the drugs they needed when they were low..but through his ways they find their true will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to BL.. I’ll check it out next. Thanks for the suggestion.
Published in 1922 his first occult novel.
It really is an amazing book that medical professionals, drug counselors, police, and lawyers still use this book to this day. Definitely meant to be read and re read I am surprised no one else has read it here yet.

I hate to keep spoiling but it's mostly teasing..

Their are many many parts that our protagonists learn from King Lamas and one that I thought was interesting;

Peter decides to take a sniff of H before heading off to sleep. Lamas asks WHY? "You told me you need a sniff first thing in the morning to wake you up and now it also helps you sleep. That sounds like a miraculous drug, I believe this sort of queer thinking is what got you into this mess"...Lamas explains that it's the sort of thing of this drug, to lead you by the nose when you intended to even stay away from it for the day..

I think anyone who has the capacity to read would enjoy the fuck out of this...from a glorious honeymoon and then eventually despair. This book I believe holds the keys of discretion, balance, moderation, and other things such as Law (diabolical dope act) that explains how drug use would not be so life wrecking if people would not have to hide their use of drugs.

Check it out guys and get back to me or if you have read it, share your thoughts or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator: