• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Bong vs eating vs vaporizing dry herb

Speed King

Bluelighter
I'm on the horns of a delima. I don't want to waste herb anymore. I also want to not smoke cannabis. I want to vape, but I don't know how efficient a mixed review pen would help me conserve compaired to heating it in butter. The weed I have is super dank madecinal, so I have been smoking bong hits non stop. Now 2/3s my stash is gone in two days. I have to get better mileage.

Salutations Speed King,

Sounds like popular selection criterias:

• [*=1]No wasting (incl. baking)

[*=1]No smoke (combustion)

[*=1]Conservation-wise

[*=1]Sticky resinous loads

[*=1]Self-control compatible ritual

[*=1]Smoker-friendly

Finding it all in 1 device may prove challenging though. M'well, i had a similar venture once... But not anymore!

%)

Have you considered it's even quite possible such product doesn't actually exist on the ready-made vaporist market so fart?...

What if such performance can only be obtained via DIY solutions?! For example...

Good day, have fun!! =D

Start browsing the best online vape shop you can find and start trying dry herb vapes. No need for bongs anymore.

Find a good pen for concentrates, find a good portable vape for using wherever you wont and find a good desktop vape (plug in) for inside your home.

That's what I'd do anyway lol. I dont see concentrates where I live so I dont own a pen vape but I have a portable and desktop vape and I live them.

i have a glass vaporgenie i use to vape weed. it was pricy but this thing looks sexy, vry portable albeit breakable. i think its probably best to use hemp wick with it.

was thinking i could do some kind of edible with all the vaped weed.

i have an arizer solo. probably put about no more than a 0.2g of dry herb and go for like 20min sessions and get extremely high on THC. keeping the temp low also.

it's perfect for conserving weed but i only get high for like an hour and it lacks the feel of combustion. it misses something.

i'd just vape and eat edibles once this shit wears my lungs out. (before).

:) Hey SK...I'm interested in these same questions? I will follow your thread. Meanwhile, I'll share my minimal experience with MMJ so far.

FWIW...I don't like to smoke anything, never have and never will. It's just a thang from parents who smoked 4 packs (each) per day throughout my miserable childhood. I digress.

I was willing to try smoking the MMJ for pain (if it helped pain) as desperate times call for desperate measures. I tried a pipe (gifted) but didn't like it. I bought a pretty glass water pipe, but didn't like it. A friend gifted me a Davinci portable vaporizer, which offered the option of oil or dry herb. I used it for several weeks vaping various strains of dry herb. I liked the Davinci and I liked vaping. I was told to save the "toasted" vaped herb to use in edibles. I saved it, but have yet to try to cook with it. FML, the vaporizer stopped charging. I, too, am researching before making a WRONG purchase.

Y'all please be kind. I'm an old newby to this stuff. Laugh if you must (I do too) but help a sista out!?

Meanwhile, my husband went to a local smoke shop and bought me a Voodoo Omni Pen 3 in 1 (dry herb/liquid/wax). It was only $40 but I don't recommend it. It's obvious that the herb is getting too hot through combustion, as it turns to ash. No, it doesn't have a temp setting, as it's very basic. Although I like it's sleek design and its user-friendly, I don't think it's vaping...It's smoking for me. Yuk!?!

Like you, SK, I don't have the money to throw away...The MFB has been recommended, but it I'm not convinced. I watched an instructional video, but the battery seemed to make it awkward. I'm open to suggestions, of not only a good vaporizer, but also which strains of MMJ?

I have 5 or 6 different ones right now from a dispensary, but trials can get expensive. I'm jumping through hoops to obtain MMJ, though I am ever so thankful to my friend. He's helping me through his MMJ access for cancer. So far I'm not finding pain relief as such with any of the strains. I would be content to get relief from severe depression of daily pain for 2+ decades.

I've never had the opportunity to try edibles, nor have I made the cannabutter (?)

Gotta be honest...This old dog is bitch tired of suffering. My husband wants me to retire (55) and put my energy into finding RELIEF and a little happiness. Even if MMJ were the answer, it will never be legal in MS...or at least too late for me. We'd need to pull up stakes and GO WEST!

My disease isn't terminal. My despair is.

I've heard good reviews about the Gpen Elite, I have the older model (gpro?) and it still works like a charm after a year. No complaints besides the cheap shitty mouthpiece (on the old one).

i have an arizer solo. probably put about no more than a 0.2g of dry herb and go for like 20min sessions and get extremely high on THC. keeping the temp low also.

it's perfect for conserving weed but i only get high for like an hour and it lacks the feel of combustion. it misses something.

i'd just vape and eat edibles once this shit wears my lungs out. (before).

I also use the Arizer Solo and love it. I generally put about .4 or .5 in each bowl though, pretty well chopped up and yeah its good for usually 2 x 12 minute sessions before the vapour starts thinning out or tasting not so nice.

I don't really think it lacks anything personally. I used to be a huge bong user for over 10 years but now after using the solo for over 3 years I don't feel the need to 'smoke' (or combust) at all. I use my solo then I just use it again when I wont more of that lovely vapour :)