Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Bonfires

Eveleivibe

Ex-Bluelighter
Yo peeps,

So who's going to a bom fire 2moro or some time this week(end) or are you having one at home / a neighbours / friends? Toffee/choccy apples? Fireworks? Sparklers? Do you jave any bom fire stories to share? Have you ever made a bom fire? Did it go wrong / right? How did you make it? Did you do it safely / dangerously? Know of any BF related incidents / accidents?

Evey

It's nice to be educated, but it's more educated to be nice :) (or something)

I think i prefer bomfire now anyway, it makes me think of chillums...

Evey: i'm not having a bomfire, but i'm sure some of the neighbours will be torturing my dog with some firewroks (as soon as she hears one she'll be panting in a corner till it's all over)

Edit: i didn't know that "The name "bonfire" is derived from the fact that bonfires were originally fires in which bones were burned" (catholics?)

Last edited:
I think most people enjoy a good fire, there's something really homey about sitting around an open fire.

5th November / Guy Fawkes isn't a thing here so no fireworks etc (they are actually illegal here [even sparklers] and there are only a few displays per year on really special occasions).

REMEMBER, REMEMBER THE FIFTH OF NOVEMBER

(Traditional English Rhyme - 17th Century)

Remember, remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 'twas his intent
To blow up the King and the Parliament
Three score barrels of powder below
Poor old England to overthrow
By God's providence he was catched
With a dark lantern and burning match
Holloa boys, holloa boys
God save the King!
Hip hip hooray!
Hip hip hooray!

A penny loaf to feed ol' Pope
A farthing cheese to choke him
A pint of beer to rinse it down
A faggot of sticks to burn him
Burn him in a tub of tar
Burn him like a blazing star
Burn his body from his head
Then we'll say ol' Pope is dead.
Hip hip hooray!
Hip hip hooray!

You know, the ironic thing here is... despite it being "Bonfire" Night, the local council here have decided not to have a bonfire at the celebrations for health & safety reasons. Still, at least fireworks haven't been ruled out for health & safety... yet... 8)

I was thinking about going to see said fireworks tonight, but it's pretty dreich outside... might not bother.

Ya know, I used to be sympathetic towards Guy Fawkes and his intentions, then I discovered he was a fuckin Catholic... ;)

I remember tripping once with a lit sparkler in hand looking at it thinking I bet it tastes delicious. I was pretty close to tasting it but thankfully was distracted.

Be safe out there kids

Ya know, I used to be sympathetic towards Guy Fawkes and his intentions, then I discovered he was a fuckin Catholic... ;)

Bawwwwhahahahaha NICE!

I remember tripping once with a lit sparkler in hand looking at it thinking I bet it tastes delicious. I was pretty close to tasting it but thankfully was distracted.

Be safe out there kids

DAFUQ?

I didn't know that but now I do I share your sentiments.

Lots of fireworks going off here. New neighbours guy is a driller in the oil industry gets paid a fortune pity it's so cloudy as sounds like display fireworks he's setting off.
Going to a bonfire display on Saturday washed MDMA crystal and ket on the cards. I've not indulged in a month, quite excited looking forwards to it :)

I think most people enjoy a good fire, there's something really homey about sitting around an open fire.
definitely:

1264286212332.jpg

:)

alasdair

Well I know someone who works as a children's psychologist in Northern Ireland, said person had a patient who was very young (can't remember the age but likely between 9-10). Anyway, the patient was a pyromaniac, kept lighting things on fire.

Right, so every 12th of July, Protestants living in Northern Ireland light bonfires (and tend to shout "FUCK THE POPE" or have pictures of the Pope on the bonfires) but it's specifically on the 12th, not the 11th or the 13th... the 12th.

Well this pyromaniac little boy decides "ohhh look at this big structure of wood, I'd like to see that go up in flames" and lights one of the bonfires before the 12th of July.

The locals never caught him apparently. I thought it was very funny.