• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Bones cracked and bloody knee during MDMA comedown

Yanmega

Greenlighter
So the other I took about a gram of mdma over the whole night , In the morning when I was coming down I heard several of my bones crack in my arm and leg , im not saying they are broke but they definitely cracked , also there was a lot of blood flow around my knees I could feel it , anyway when I got out of the bath I must have put to much pressure on my knee and then a small cut appeared on my knee , it was a very small one but I have never heard of this happening to anyone else ever .
does anyone else have any experience with the two things I have described , any advice would be appreciated thanks

joints crack from time to time. especially if you put some unusual strain on them.
if it's the actual bones that crack, then they are broken and you should be in pain when using the affected limb. if that's the case you should go to hospital.

if could be that you hit your knee without noticing last night. maybe you have also slightly sprained it (i'm not sure if that's the correct english term?). mdma suppresses pain sensitivity so it's possible to hurt yourself without immediately noticing.

So the other I took about a gram of mdma over the whole night , In the morning when I was coming down I heard several of my bones crack in my arm and leg , im not saying they are broke but they definitely cracked , also there was a lot of blood flow around my knees I could feel it , anyway when I got out of the bath I must have put to much pressure on my knee and then a small cut appeared on my knee , it was a very small one but I have never heard of this happening to anyone else ever .
does anyone else have any experience with the two things I have described , any advice would be appreciated thanks

If you took a gram of MDMA during the night -- you would not be coming down in the morning.

It was something else.

If you took a gram of MDMA during the night -- you would not be coming down in the morning.

why not? mdma lasts 3-6 hours. even if the half-life gets longer with a larger dose, you still start to come down after that peroid of time. also his gram won't be a real gram of mdma, but a gram of mdma+who-knows-how-much-filler as is 90% of the mdma in circulation.

why not? mdma lasts 3-6 hours. even if the half-life gets longer with a larger dose, you still start to come down after that peroid of time. also his gram won't be a real gram of mdma, but a gram of mdma+who-knows-how-much-filler as is 90% of the mdma in circulation.

No, it does not at those doses. I have seen people taking tested MDMA stay rolling and high for 12+ hours. Other metabolites HMA, HMMA, and DHMA are all psycho-active amphetamines as dose increases - metabolites increase

The reason is that metabolism of MDMA to MDA increases as a percentage of dose -- the higher the initial dose, and the more redosing -- a gram of MDMA can metabolize to 200-300 mg of MDA --

The pharmacokinetic reason is that MDMA is an inhibitor of the CYP2D6 enzyme responsible for oxidation to substances other than MDA -- as dose and redose increases, the half life increases non-linearly, allowing for more MDMA to be converted to MDA by N-dealkylation (mainly by CYP1A2 but polymorphisms in CYP2D6 cause mutants that also significantly n-dealkylate MDMA to MDA)

which is NOT CROSS TOLERANT with MDMA -- per empirical analysis

- people always say "MDMA is psychedelic at higher doses" -- it's really "MDMA metabolizes to MDA at higher doses a which has psychedelic effects"

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was mdma , I was still a bit high but coming down compared to how I was earlier on , you can't say for certain it wasn't mdma

No, it does not at those doses. I have seen people taking tested MDMA stay rolling and high for 12+ hours. Other metabolites HMA, HMMA, and DHMA are all psycho-active amphetamines as dose increases - metabolites increase

The reason is that metabolism of MDMA to MDA increases as a percentage of dose -- the higher the initial dose, and the more redosing -- a gram of MDMA can metabolize to 200-300 mg of MDA --

The pharmacokinetic reason is that MDMA is an inhibitor of the CYP2D6 enzyme responsible for oxidation to substances other than MDA -- as dose and redose increases, the half life increases non-linearly, allowing for more MDMA to be converted to MDA by N-dealkylation (mainly by CYP1A2 but polymorphisms in CYP2D6 cause mutants that also significantly n-dealkylate MDMA to MDA)

you don't really get more hma and hmma at higher doses. rather exponentially more mdma, due to inhibition of the relevant enzymes. it's very plausible you'll get more mda, but i'd really like to see a source there.
but i don't buy that you can still be high on mda when you're "done" with mdma at the moment. even if serotonin depletion is not an issue like you suspect (the last time a found a source that found serotonin levels to be back to normal after 24h, not 24mins), the receptors would have downregulated already. if both of these were not an issue then the mdma you still have in your system (and it's enough when you have come down, even if you just take 200-300mg) would still have an appreciable effect. mda does hit the same receptors and pathways (the heightened activity of mda at 5-ht2a alone isn't enough to keep a "roll" going).

i know from first hand experience that chasing the high by using absurd doses (500mg+) does not work. after around 7h you are down, completely whacked and ready to sleep. even the two friends who took almost twice that amount on the same occasion could keep it going for a longer period of time.