• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Boiling Water setup for making base?

citypress100

Bluelighter
Hi again my awesome Chemists: Have been reading this journal regarding removal of levamisole from organic compounds : https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/pr/microgram-journals/2013/mj10-1_12-16.pdf

At the end of page 13, the method reads:
" Each of the cocaine HCl/tetramisole HCl mixtures (85:15, 70:30, 50:50) were converted to the base form by dissolving the mixture in boiling water and adding dilute ammonium hydroxide until the solution was basic and precipitation occurred. The mixture was allowed to cool, and the water was removed. The remaining base mixture was allowed to dry overnight. "

Basically, it's just turn the HCl into base, but I am curious about their methods

My questions are, Part 1- what is the correct setup for the boiling water mix they used - is it simply a boiling tube or would they have used a reflux condenser?

Part 2 - Removal of water - they make this sound very simple - is it just a case that the water layer would be separate and could be removed via syringe/pipette - or is there a different technique?

Just lol that the fucking DEA themselves provide information about how to clean cocaine. Like the CIA developing TOR (darknet) which is now used by criminals.

Just lol that the fucking DEA themselves provide information about how to clean cocaine. Like the CIA developing TOR (darknet) which is now used by criminals.
Yeah it's like the ultimate form of recycling. Guess the CIA need their coke cleaned for their high level clients

Or DEA chemist Terry Del Cason's publications on MDMA chemistry being used by Strike