• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Body temperature consistently hot - AFTER using MDMA

poobrainbrian

Greenlighter
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has found themselves in any kind of similar situation.

So from December 2014 to around June/July 2015 (almost a year ago) I did a lot of MDMA. Some tested, some not, never really had any problems.
Didn't really know that the recommended dose should be 200mg; I usually kicked up to around the half gram mark, sometimes going over, most nights ending in smoking a lot of weed and hallucinating.
Did it too much, sometimes more than once or twice a month.
Didn't really intend to stop, just sort of stopped being around it, and when i got back to that environment i had become kind of wary of it.

Anyway, around a month or two after stopping, I began to notice that I would get hot more than usual. In a relatively cold room i would find myself sweating and needing to open a window or drink some water.
I always had sweaty hands, but they sort of calmed down about two years ago, but they have returned to dripping whenever it gets warm.
I wondered if it was all in my head, but if people sit beside me they often ask why I am so hot, and my friends often call me the human radiator.
I notice I pee a lot more now as well.

In around September-October, I did 2C-B three times. The first two were alright, did not overheat or have any of those kinds of problems. However on the third time, my friends were deliberating whether to do MDMA and 2C-B and they settled on 2C-B on my accord as we all believed that 2C-B does not affect the body temperature (which is of course wrong). It was a very MDMA-esque trip. My pupils were blown and I was pale and jittering and couldn't stand still. After a while I noticed my fingers had turned bright pink and had swollen ever so slightly and clammy. I didn't freak out, but I asked my sober friends about them but they pretended I was fine so I wouldn't freak out. I wasn't worried, but I just wanted to know if it was because I was too hot or too cold because I genuinely had no idea. Looking back, it seems evident that it was from overheating, but it was a pretty normal room temperature with many little journeys outside.

Anyway, I've had blood tests done and can confirm it is not a thyroid problem.
I went to my doctor about two months ago for help, but the second i told her that i suspected mdma use in the past was the cause of the heating problem (i expected it to be something with how mdma affects the pituitary gland in the brain), she completely ignored the problem and tried to get me to go to rehab (despite my protests that I hadn't touched any drugs in months and had no desire to).

Sorry for the length of the post, basically just wondering if anyone has had a similar kind of problem? It would be great if anyone could offer any advice, but I'd be happy just knowing I'm not alone.

PS. I know it is not currently safe for me to touch drugs which would cause a rise in body temperature and I wish to avoid them. However, I would like to use MDMA again safely and very very rarely, like at a music festival in the summer. But as it stands, I am quite scared of ending up in a hospital or causing serious damage.
(To clarify how bad the heating thing is, I was sober/lightly tipsy at an indoor gig and I had to leave at one point because my fingers had swollen up from sweat and I felt pretty close to fainting. It was a hot venue, but not so hot as for any normal person to have this problem).

Thanks guys, I know I can count on you

Mdma causes your body to be less effective at regulating it temp...but only while it's active in your body. I mean it might be possible for you to have fried that portion of your brain with abuse but I doubt it.

Ps. Find a better doctor