View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Body mass and psychedelic doses

MrPitt

Bluelighter
I have long wondered if there was a correlation between how much you weigh and how much of a psychedelic you need to take. Does the amount you weigh have any relation to the dose you need to take for your desired experience, like it would for most other drugs? I know that the effects and doses of psych's vary wildly but I'm just asking for a general answer. If it is not reasonably possible to give a general answer, I'll accept that as well.

I remember hearing many years ago that one of the big psychedelic chemists had claimed that the difference is negligible compared to something like alcohol.... Unfortunately it was a long time ago and it was word of mouth, so I can't recall who was claimed to say it and it wouldn't really prove anything anyway. From experience though, I feel I can say that the response to psychedelics is far too variable to really even try to figure out if body mass is playing a significant role. I tripped harder on the same doses of things than people who were half my body mass, and I've also had friends who were the same as me or heavier trip many times harder than me on lower doses of things than I was taking. Even if body mass contributes, I don't think it's the most important factor.

In my extensive anecdotal evidence between me and my friends, it seems to matter very little.

I always believed it didnt matter much as i have a friend who is very tall and heavy and the smallest bit of mdma has him swimming around on the floor. But recently another different friend who also happens to be very tall and heavy (and a psychedelic virgin) seemed to be immune to the same 2c-c that gets me in a nice place at 20mg. A week later i tried 1 tab of al-lad with him, i got the usual effects and he got nearly nothing from it. The week after he tried a dose of 1p-lsd and said he had a great time but was still very underwhelmed where as my sweet spot with 1p-lsd is between 1 and 2 tabs. So from my experience its very subjective.

^ pretty sure that has little to do with his body size, and more with his brain chemistry or other meds he's taking. On another board I frequent there is this guy who trips his balls off on a quarter tab, some people are naturally more or less tolerant.

My experience is that body size matters less, its all about your mental status. Big dudes just turn into big babies haha