• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Blurry vision after ecstacy

kx_

Bluelighter
It's been about 36 hours after I took ecstacy, and I have this weird symptom of blurry vision. This has never happened to me before.....

My pupils are normal size... SO I am kinda freking out because of this.... Pills were good quality and roll was great... I don't roll often, last time I rolled was in MArch.

After rolling, I took 1mg of Xanax and fell asleep. WHen I woke up, my eyesight was normal. I Know this because I could read fine stuff on my phone etc..... But yesterday during the day I started to experience blurry vision. Now I am having hard time reading text on monitor and things like that.....

I just took 1,000mg vit C. I also bought Centrum Multivitamin that is packed with all vitamins and minerals..... Is this safe to take now or? THe lady in the pharmacy said that it contains something that is good for eyesight (?!?!?). I didn't tell her anything about my eyesight, which is weird.

ANy thoughts about all this?

THanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
This can happen, so don't freak out. It will go away. I used MDMA / E for years and it was not unusual for my eyesight to feel off for a few days afterwards. Often it was just like you describe; other times after a heavier session my vision was slightly snowy or staticky for awhile. I never did anything out of the ordinary to try to restore of help my vision. For what it's worth, I haven't used drugs in a couple of years and my vision is sharp and clear.

Yeah, thanks...

It's a bit better now... I took some Xanax, so I am not sure if its because of that or what. I also started to eat better. We'll see in the following days.

Also I find myself CRAVING soft and sugary drinks like Sprite, COca COla etc...

Do you have any idea how much you took? I've had this before, but usually it happens after pretty high doses or multiple redoses. Should fade away in a short while, it's just some minor after-effect, not unheard of and not permanent. Did you test your MDMA?

I took 2.5 pills, in this manner: 1/2, then 1, then 1/2 and then 1/2.

They were blue Superman pills (so, not pure MDMA). I didn't test them. It was from reliable source, friend also took them, said they were great. Well, they were great. It's just this after effect.

Blurry vision is normal and your eyes may look weird if she knew without you telling her a bit of meds and rest will clear it up in no time!

-Streetcow

Is there anything I should do to help recovery? I have these thoughts that I may have somehow "damaged my health" with this, particularly heart and brain. I know I am probably being irrational, becuse of serotonin depletion, but still...

I took 2.5 pills, in this manner: 1/2, then 1, then 1/2 and then 1/2.

They were blue Superman pills (so, not pure MDMA). I didn't test them. It was from reliable source, friend also took them, said they were great. Well, they were great. It's just this after effect.
I think you will get much more satisfactory effects and a lot less of a hangover if you take a bit of a bigger dose to start and don't redose that often. Your first dose for the most part determines how intense the effects are going to be, added doses after that do intensify, but mostly lengthen the roll. Also redoses tend to increase unpleasant after-effects if done too much, so I would next time try 1-2mg/kg starting dose and 0.75-1mg/kg redose if needed, in stead of starting out with a low(ish) dose and redosing with double the initial dose and then some. I think the after-effects you are experiencing is because you redosed so much, not possible to say for sure though

First things first, get a testkit, this only applies when you have clean pills, if there's anything else in them all this flies out the window. Do not trust anyone, not even your best friend, to tell you whether or not your drugs are good, there's too many dirty and dangerous chemicals out there and people put far too much trust in their ability to identify a drug by its effects

Thanks. I get what you say about re-dosing. I knew I shouldn't have taken that second re-dose....

I feel better now, althought still not how I would like it to be. The thing that bothers me now is this: towards the end of the roll, I started experiencing this feeling like "it's all too much"... it's hard to describe. I started getting real tense, my muscles were tense, and I really freaked out... It lasted for 10-15 seconds, and honestly I panicked like crazy, I immediately went to take some Xanax. I was literally on all fours when I reached to drawer for Xanax.... Soon that eased me down, and soon after that I fell asleep. Now I'm wondering if I experienced Serotonin syndrome or what? I was also afraid for my heart and I remember me measuring my heart rate few times (it was in the range of 80-100 BPM).

mdma alone does not cause serotonin syndrome. that only happens if you combine it with another drug that raises serotonin levels.

80-100bpm is not particularly high. it's rather on the low side given that you panicked and were on mdma. in fact most people who aren't that much into sports have a resting heart rate somewhere between 80-100.

Are you sure about this? I think it can if you take too much. Not 100% sure though.

not 100% sure, but you'd probably die of overheating before any serotonin syndrome toxicity would become apparent. activating the 5-ht2b receptor (which is the receptor mdma binds to, leading to the release of serotonin) generally protects from serotonin syndrome symptoms caused by high serotonin concentrations, so agonists at that receptor generally don't cause serotonin syndrome on their own. of course this effect could have a limit and might not be true for insanely high dosages.

(source)

Last edited:
It's been 24 months for me now and I still have blurry vision. Sucks for some.

probably had some sort of dissociative in ur molly tbh

xanax can also cause blurry vision.

edit: do you drink or use benzos often, they cause blurry vision

I had also taken a small amount of meth with the mdma a couple of times so that could be a factor, but the mdma was tested and came up pure