• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Blurry Vision After Booty Bumping Meth

trashpanda206

Bluelighter
A few weeks ago my boyfriend and I decided to booty bump meth for the first time. We were aiming to do .1 each, but come to find out the scale was off so I don’t really know how much we took. (Guessing a little over .2). Anyway, for the most part it was fun but we both still have slightly blurry vision. Most of the time it’s hardly noticeable, but I am curious if anyone else has experienced this too?

I think the important question right now is how omg ago did you use the Methamphetamine? Blurry vision is a pretty well-known side-effect of large doses of Amphetamine. Taking a larger-than-normal dose can have lingering effects, but you would expect them to have mostly resolved within a couple of days.

I guess it would be different if you were a chronic and frequent user. I think this could lead to an extended period of symptoms and part of a Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. So, the main question I have is, how long has this been going on and how often and how Meth do you use?

I had the "fuzzies" as it was called back in the midwest for as long as 4 days after too much (>120mg) of amphetamine, but I never did enough meth to get to that state. My experience with meth was pretty much a "let's see what all the fuss is about" kind of thing when I moved out west; I never really enjoyed it like I do adderall.

I think the important question right now is how omg ago did you use the Methamphetamine? Blurry vision is a pretty well-known side-effect of large doses of Amphetamine. Taking a larger-than-normal dose can have lingering effects, but you would expect them to have mostly resolved within a couple of days.

I guess it would be different if you were a chronic and frequent user. I think this could lead to an extended period of symptoms and part of a Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. So, the main question I have is, how long has this been going on and how often and how Meth do you use?
@Keif' Richards This was a few weeks ago. I was a daily user up until I moved out of Alaska three years ago. Then it was sporadically up until January when we quit altogether. But about a month ago we got the urge and went with it. We had a two week period where we were using 4 out of 7 days. And I could definitely tell it was affecting me differently. Much harder recovery both mentally and physically. The blurry vision is rarely noticeable, so maybe it just happens under strenuous conditions - low lighting, etc. But we do still notice it occasionally. I’m not overly concerned, just sort of chalking it up to a lesson learned. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this and can maybe shed some light on it for me. Oh, and it’s been a week since we’ve used.

I had the "fuzzies" as it was called back in the midwest for as long as 4 days after too much (>120mg) of amphetamine, but I never did enough meth to get to that state. My experience with meth was pretty much a "let's see what all the fuss is about" kind of thing when I moved out west; I never really enjoyed it like I do adderall.
@Anonymous Dissident I’m the exact opposite, haha. Never really enjoyed the adderall, but am quite fond of meth.

While acute blurry vision is common from too much meth, especially IV meth, there are also a range of chronic vision problems that can be caused by stimulant use. These relate to occlusion of different blood vessels in the optical system. Different specific conditions that can be caused by meth include: retinal vasculitis, episcleritis, panophthalmitis, endophthalmitis, scleritis, retinopathy, corneal ulceration, and transient visual losses.

You’d probably be best seeing an opthamologist.

While acute blurry vision is common from too much meth, especially IV meth, there are also a range of chronic vision problems that can be caused by stimulant use. These relate to occlusion of different blood vessels in the optical system. Different specific conditions that can be caused by meth include: retinal vasculitis, episcleritis, panophthalmitis, endophthalmitis, scleritis, retinopathy, corneal ulceration, and transient visual losses.

You’d probably be best seeing an opthamologist.
Thanks @Atelier3. If it persists, I will.

A few weeks ago my boyfriend and I decided to booty bump meth for the first time. We were aiming to do .1 each, but come to find out the scale was off so I don’t really know how much we took. (Guessing a little over .2). Anyway, for the most part it was fun but we both still have slightly blurry vision. Most of the time it’s hardly noticeable, but I am curious if anyone else has experienced this too?
Yes, I get blurry vision when I over Amp. But my sister always gets blurry vision after doing meth (whether she shoots or booty bumps). Me too I've got blurry vision from shooting it and booty bumping it -but only when I've taken too much and I'm over amping.

Yes, I get blurry vision when I over Amp. But my sister always gets blurry vision after doing meth (whether she shoots or booty bumps). Me too I've got blurry vision from shooting it and booty bumping it -but only when I've taken too much and I'm over amping.

one of the first things to go when you're dehydrated and your body is trying to preserve fluids, is your tears and your eye lube - and when your eyes are dry, your vision can be blurred, which would explain blurred vision for a few days after doing it - because you're probably still dehydrated