Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Harm Reduction Bluelight Festival Presence/ plans for Summer 2022

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
Hey folks, I have a similar thread up to discuss amongst senior staff broadly, but a couple of us have a dream to get some presence from Bluelight at various music festivals. My vague idea is to set up vendor tents and distribute test kits, naloxone, and things of that nature. Reality will probably necessitate that these things will have to be sold, hopefully for a pretty affordable price.

This is a big undertaking, but I believe an important one that could potentially drive a lot of new traffic to the site, and save lives.

I would like input from the community broadly, as well, if this is something you would be willing to help with, we will certainly need volunteers that we can trust. I am looking to get some presence at least at a couple of the big American music festivals, ie. Bonnaroo, Electric Forest, Coachella... But this could potentially happen anywhere, so if you've got ideas, please feel free to let me know. And my initial plan is just for American festivals, but again, with the right volunteers this could go down in any country. Would love to have your input, and I hope this might be something you'd consider helping us with. If you are aware of any organizations we could potentially work with to get this done, please fill us in.

My goal as of now is to launch this by next summer, that should give us plenty of time to set some things up.

Brilliant idea, I would be willing to help in any way.
I live in the UK though.

I think a free testing service should be available at every festival. And also the chance to buy test kits too.

Brilliant idea, I would be willing to help in any way.
I live in the UK though.

I think a free testing service should be available at every festival. And also the chance to buy test kits too.
Great! We have a senior staff member who has volunteered to help out in the UK.

We are also considering just handing out flyers for Bluelight and things like that at events, so standby and hopefully we will figure out something everybody can contribute to.

Great! We have a senior staff member who has volunteered to help out in the UK.

We are also considering just handing out flyers for Bluelight and things like that at events, so standby and hopefully we will figure out something everybody can contribute to.
Awesome just let me know what you need from me.
I'm not employed at the moment so have plenty of free time.

Flyers are a great idea, it could bring a lot of people to the site too.

YES!! I’m 100% game on this. I’ve always dreamed of something of this nature.

Id also be down to walk around testing peoples drugs in the name of BL, have the process direct folks to the site somehow. Just a thought.

I think selling reagents is good idea too, fent strips, is it possible to sell naloxone in US? Also give out/sell antioxidant supplements to reduce toxicity.

-GC

I have a ticket for an upcoming Froggy Daze festival in Narrowsburg. And if it works, I'll probably go back to Harvest Festival next year. Flyers are goood. I mean, best bet would be to have a vendor tent set up and your swag there. But that's $$ probably 2-300 just to vend and then tents chairs tables and stuff. I don't know how much you would profit to make your money back. But I would wear a BL shirt if they make em with the pill logo on it if I go to any next year. You should consider advertising perhaps instead of a vendor booth. Cuz you would want festers to run the tent spewing info out. But like if you could advertise Bluelight.org on festival websites. That is something. I know it's still early.

Also remember MAPS does have the Zendo project present I know at burning man and Coachella.

But we have an online forum.

I will show up, I promise. You can trust me. Just please don't check my references. Please sir. They are all very busy with the Dow Jones and other financial things. Today is also a Jewish high holiday: Enigno-mania-fest.

I've been hanging around here for like 10 years now. What's a junkie gotta do to get a Bluelight 3/4 t-shirt?

I swore I would never cross that border again but am willing to in order to volunteer at a music festival. Contingent on the music.

I will show up, I promise. You can trust me. Just please don't check my references. Please sir. They are all very busy with the Dow Jones and other financial things. Today is also a Jewish high holiday: Enigno-mania-fest.

I've been hanging around here for like 10 years now. What's a junkie gotta do to get a Bluelight 3/4 t-shirt?
I will custom print you one tell me what ya want on it

Someone send my ass a shirt and I’ll cover all the fresh reagents I have for my “walk around and test” idea. I just need a way to rep BL while I’m traversing the festie grounds.

-GC

Glad you guys are so enthusiastic about it.

The shit thing is we'll likely have to go renegade cuz most festivals won't accept us as a vendor If we're giving out test kits or naloxone.

Maybe if we were just doing straight up like fliers, or maybe shirts, we could probably get accepted as a vendor. Even that would at least help us drive some new traffic, especially from the younger generation that might not be familiar with BL at all.

And then yeah, we could always roll through the campsites and test shit or hand them out.

This is a good idea. I think that working with existing organizations could be a better idea than having a completely separate festival project. Many orgs such as Dancesafe (I believe) or the Zendo Project already do this kind of stuff at festivals.

Get me a BL tshirt and I'll wear it around festivals. I'm going to hotel concert for the weekend. I'm a XXL tall.