Technical Problem Bluelight constantly logs me out

Korn3x

Bluelighter
BL keeps logging me out. Sometimes this is only after 5 seconds of inactivity. i'll click to the next page and then notice i'm logged out. ive already had to re-log in about 6 times tonight.

is the site just experiencing some maintenance issues or something?

you know, it does that to me all the time. not sure why tho.

Hey guys,

When you sign in do you click "remember me"? This will store a pair of cookies on your computer with your username and password (both obfuscated) in them and you won't have to worry about session timeout. If you are on a private box you can leave them and in fact don't have to worry about signing in each time. If it is a public location though then just be sure to sign out at the end of your browsing and the cookies will be deleted (you can also delete them by clearing cookies).

Hope that helps.

^^
i'll give that a try maybe. ive never clicked remember me in all my years here before and have never experienced a problem, but maybe for some reason the cookies are being deleted prematurely or something now

For reasons unknown to me the problems that come from not checking 'remember me' are intermittent. Its not uncommon that people didn't need to check it before and then need to later. Factors are how long people are logged in on a given session and if they are posting as opposed to just reading but I think there is more involved than just those two factors.