• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Blue Ritalin 10mg tabs turn to bright blue gel when snorted?

Sunnypillz99

Greenlighter
My last 2 refills of Methylphenidate 10mg tabs have been a light blue pill with dark blue specks, manufactured by Camber pharmaceuticals. When I crush them and sniff them, they turn bright blue! Smurf blue! And it stains your skin. I don't feel like they get me quite as high and they don't drip down my throat like the other ones. If I blow my nose, the tissue is SO BLUE and I can't tell if it turned to gel or if its just the mucous stained blue. Anyone know if there's a component in this pill to make it harder to abuse? Or is it just my imagination because the blue color threw me off so much?!?!

Methylphenidate is not a amphetamine. Just swallpw it absorbs almost complete and comes on super fast

Lmao nice name. No but seriously just swallow it it's prob starch and isnt meant for you nose because when you swallow it the methylphenidate separates from the startch which then is passed onto the colon for food to feed healthy bacteria and add bulk to stools while the methylphenidate goes into your blood. When you snort that your just clogging up your nose with startch which is basically a long chain of sugars which your nose doesn't have the enzymes to break down

Sounds like i has a strong color dye in it.. I would avoid snorting them, swallowing them is your better option.

You mean a answer as to why it won't work if you snort it if your getting blue goo it's highly likely that Ritalin uses starch or some kinda inert chemical. Startch contains basically sugars linked together by glycosylic ether bonds or ...o\r1(sugar)/o\r2(sugar)/o... There are two main types one where they are linked in a straight line which the HCl in your stomach can catalyse the breakage into simpler sugars you can use and another of unstraight lines which your body can remove as stool bulk. When. You snort it your mucus membranes contain very little water and lack the enzymes to break them down so these clog up and draw the water onto them since there is such little water in your nose almost all the methylphenidate HCl gets stuck in solution of water drawn into the inert fillers your body can then sense this and create mucus to coat the basically methylphenidate soaked sludge so it can remove it as snot unlike your stomach where the large excess of water allows the methylphenidate to quickly disolve and enter the blood stream because if the starch holds a few ml of water that may be enough to absorb all the water in the nasal area but is insignificant if your stomach has like a hundred or hundreds of times more ml of water