• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Blue Lotus Combinations?

Something that needs to be considered is that there are two plants that go by the name of Blue Lotus. Its the Blue Lilly that is probably more psychoactive. Maybe the people who are not getting the effects were sold the Lotus instead of the Lilly?

^ Wrong way round...sort of.

Blue lily = Agapanthus africanus and is completely inactive to human as far as I'm aware.

Blue lotus = Blue Egyptian water lily = Nymphaea caerulea and is what, as far as I know, always what's sold as 'blue lotus' by reputable vendors.

I would say lack of effects is more down to it being a very subtle psychoactive than any thing else. For example me and friends had 100 g of the stuff last year and smoked/ drank our way through it. Some people never felt anything from either method, more still only felt it in conjunction with weed and/or alcohol. Others felt it pretty (and in the case of the tea very) strongly.

When smoked, it gives me a very mild relaxation - not really worth feeling really. When made in a tea it sedates me massively and acts as a VERY potent aphrodisiac. I find it more effective in the last regard than any other drug (including amphetamines and MDPV...).

I also made some wine from it once, the classical method of consumption if you like. Much the same effects as with the tea, only it tastes so foul I could never drink any sizable volume of it to fully gauge!

I could see it going down extremely well with opiates or ketamine. The one combo I would really guess to be awesome however would be b-lo, weed and a benzo.

Peace

Blue lotus = Blue Egyptian water lily = Nymphaea caerulea and is what, as far as I know, always what's sold as 'blue lotus' by reputable vendors.

Right. Nymphaea caerulea is the active one. Nelumbo Nucifera is the one that didnt do anything for me.

It really helps me sleep when my pain medication prevents me from sleeping.

^I found nelumbo nucifera to be about 3x as strong as nymphaea. Did you try any of the nelumbo extracts or only work with raw plant material?

Just the raw plant material....funny how these plants can vary so much dose to dose and person to person.

I recently had a "legal" pill containing poppy seed extract, blue lotus extract and something else....(maybe damiana)....The pill was called a SPACE pill, but all it did was make me feel really tired but also goofy; I was saying hello to everyone I saw :) There was a slight hallucinogenic feel too....

^Well, this was a purple capsule- defintely no LSA, to my knowledge....