• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Blown vein

Meth novice 79

Bluelighter
Quick question guys, I did search the forums but nothing really came up and I wasn’t even sure where to put this so clearly I can’t find the correct sub heading lol

Over the weekend I had a hit (last ever hopefully, all going well with recovery take 2👊🤞) the person who did it hadn’t done me before and I think may have gone slightly too deep, my veins are ridiculously shallow, and pierced me, I did feel a slight sting and he stopped and repositioned before finishing the shot. It didn’t appear to be a miss at the time with only the usual slight swelling and redness that comes with putting that caustic shit into your veins.

But for the next day or so it was quite painful to bend or extend my arm and now it’s itchy and the area he injected appears to be slightly indented (I can’t describe it properly lol) and discoloured.

I think I’ve blown my first ever vein, can anyone tell me how that should look and feel and if I need to do anything other than take antibiotics (already on a course) to ensure the best healing. (It’s gone forever if it is blown isn’t it?)

Quick question guys, I did search the forums but nothing really came up and I wasn’t even sure where to put this so clearly I can’t find the correct sub heading lol

Over the weekend I had a hit (last ever hopefully, all going well with recovery take 2👊🤞) the person who did it hadn’t done me before and I think may have gone slightly too deep, my veins are ridiculously shallow, and pierced me, I did feel a slight sting and he stopped and repositioned before finishing the shot. It didn’t appear to be a miss at the time with only the usual slight swelling and redness that comes with putting that caustic shit into your veins.

But for the next day or so it was quite painful to bend or extend my arm and now it’s itchy and the area he injected appears to be slightly indented (I can’t describe it properly lol) and discoloured.

I think I’ve blown my first ever vein, can anyone tell me how that should look and feel and if I need to do anything other than take antibiotics (already on a course) to ensure the best healing. (It’s gone forever if it is blown isn’t it?)
That sounds about right. Just find a new spot because yes, it’s gone forever. Antibiotics are good. Also, I would practice on smaller harder veins; to ensure that if you blow one of them, it’s no biggie and also you got some training, so those big ones will be a piece of cake.

If the vein has truly collapsed, it's gone for good. But sometimes veins stop working because of trauma but aren't collapsed. And start working again if you leave them alone and let them recover.

Only time will tell.

Yeah she’s a goner.
Rested it for a few weeks and tried to use it again this last weekend, nothing but a big fat bruise for my efforts and all I did was enter the skin and attempt a draw back.

Bummed, I thought rotating and having a break would avoid it but it seems my veins are little pussy bitches

Yeah, I’ve actually never done IV drugs, bc I’m terrified of needles lol but my ex, who I have remained friends with, is an IV drug user. Come to think of it, most of my friends are iv drug users lol. So I know a little tiny bit about it all. I’m talkin tiny tho. Lol. But yeah it might seem silly or stupid but seriously try getting good at hitting those little veins and then move to the nice big ones!

I
Yeah, I’ve actually never done IV drugs, bc I’m terrified of needles lol but my ex, who I have remained friends with, is an IV drug user. Come to think of it, most of my friends are iv drug users lol. So I know a little tiny bit about it all. I’m talkin tiny tho. Lol. But yeah it might seem silly or stupid but seriously try getting good at hitting those little veins and then move to the nice big ones!

I’m not a big user by standards really, and as a rule try not to do it myself.
Mostly because I shake too much but also partly because I don’t really want to have that kind of control over my drug use.
Getting someone else to do it restricts my use somewhat at least.

I’ve also got really delicate veins that are shallow and easily punctured.

Just need to stick to using ‘doctors’ who know my veins and how shallow to hold the needle

I

I’m not a big user by standards really, and as a rule try not to do it myself.
Mostly because I shake too much but also partly because I don’t really want to have that kind of control over my drug use.
Getting someone else to do it restricts my use somewhat at least.

I’ve also got really delicate veins that are shallow and easily punctured.

Just need to stick to using ‘doctors’ who know my veins and how shallow to hold the needle
That’s actually a really smart method! I never would’ve thought of it that way.

I am the ex she speaks of lol, and I’ve basically been at it for 10 years, w/ the worst thing that’s ever happened to me or my veins is I’ve gotten an abscess once.

Trick is, for starters always keep the bevel if the syringe facing upwards, always point the syringe & injects facing inwards towards your heart, stay away from the neck, hands, feet, waist/torso. Stay hydrated & drink plenty of water throughout the day, as well as refrain from smoking cigarettes for upwards of 30mins or so before you’re going to do a shot. Cigarettes restrict your veins. Ideally, you should always go for the creases in your elbows, biceps/forearms, thighs & calves. Use a rig the least amount of times as possible. Walgreens has 10pks for $3.19, & also check to see if you have any local Harm Reduction or SSP organizations. Use saline solution (basically sterilized salt water) if possible & readily available. Be gentle & don’t dig around in your body because you didn’t hit on the first try once you’ve put the needle in. Pull it back out & re-try again. Use a 45° angle when inserting, go slow, & be gentle. Also, maybe watch some videos online or something.

I taught myself, & have become to be known around my old stomping grounds as “The Doctor” lmfao. I can hit the un-hittable. I’ve been using the same 2 veins for 5-6 weeks now, & I’m just now having to find another 2. If done properly, you can use the same vein or 2 for weeks.

I attached some simple, easy info to memorize & practice when you hit a shot.

Attachments

• 70D966D0-AD28-4D7B-8B7B-6ACA872F01F5.jpeg
    70D966D0-AD28-4D7B-8B7B-6ACA872F01F5.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 14
  • 8F588F34-AC67-49B7-953D-EF8ABDFFC0A3.jpeg
    8F588F34-AC67-49B7-953D-EF8ABDFFC0A3.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 15
  • F143B60E-1D3B-473B-9BEC-016C954E27EB.jpeg
    F143B60E-1D3B-473B-9BEC-016C954E27EB.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 15
T
I am the ex she speaks of lol, and I’ve basically been at it for 10 years, w/ the worst thing that’s ever happened to me or my veins is I’ve gotten an abscess once.

Trick is, for starters always keep the bevel if the syringe facing upwards, always point the syringe & injects facing inwards towards your heart, stay away from the neck, hands, feet, waist/torso. Stay hydrated & drink plenty of water throughout the day, as well as refrain from smoking cigarettes for upwards of 30mins or so before you’re going to do a shot. Cigarettes restrict your veins. Ideally, you should always go for the creases in your elbows, biceps/forearms, thighs & calves. Use a rig the least amount of times as possible. Walgreens has 10pks for $3.19, & also check to see if you have any local Harm Reduction or SSP organizations. Use saline solution (basically sterilized salt water) if possible & readily available. Be gentle & don’t dig around in your body because you didn’t hit on the first try once you’ve put the needle in. Pull it back out & re-try again. Use a 45° angle when inserting, go slow, & be gentle. Also, maybe watch some videos online or something.

I taught myself, & have become to be known around my old stomping grounds as “The Doctor” lmfao. I can hit the un-hittable. I’ve been using the same 2 veins for 5-6 weeks now, & I’m just now having to find another 2. If done properly, you can use the same vein or 2 for weeks.

I attached some simple, easy info to memorize & practice when you hit a shot.

Thanks for the advice, that’s really handy to know.
And I’d say you nailed it with the cigarette comment mostly too.
I smoke upwards of 30 a day, diagnosed 2nd stage lung disease about 18 months ago and suspect that I’m beginning to see signs of atherosclerosis as well.
Telling me not to smoke for half hour before a hit is the equivalent of telling me to cut a limb off to save it, I smoke more than ever when I’m waiting to get on 😂😂😂