View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Blotters came into contact with small amount of water

Innerpeace

Bluelighter
Was cutting a five blotter from a strip. Dropped it into the sink, which had small amount of water in it. Seemed to not be wet that I saw. Think small amount of water got on some of the blotters strips. Would this cause them to not work?

Had tweezers. Didn't even think about sink. First timer mistake.

Also touched blotter when picking them from sink ASAP, when they fell , with hands. Would this absorb?

Reactivity and degradation​

"LSD," writes the chemist Alexander Shulgin, "is an unusually fragile molecule ... As a salt, in water, cold, and free from air and light exposure, it is stable indefinitely."

LSD has two labile protons at the tertiary stereogenic C5 and C8 positions, rendering these centers prone to epimerisation. The C8 proton is more labile due to the electron-withdrawing carboxamide attachment, but removal of the chiral proton at the C5 position (which was once also an alpha proton of the parent molecule tryptophan) is assisted by the inductively withdrawing nitrogen and pi electron delocalisation with the indole ring.

LSD also has enamine-type reactivity because of the electron-donating effects of the indole ring. Because of this, chlorine destroys LSD molecules on contact; even though chlorinated tap water contains only a slight amount of chlorine, the small quantity of compound typical to an LSD solution will likely be eliminated when dissolved in tap water. The double bond between the 8-position and the aromatic ring, being conjugated with the indole ring, is susceptible to nucleophilic attacks by water or alcohol, especially in the presence of UV or other kinds of light. LSD often converts to "lumi-LSD," which is inactive in human beings.

A controlled study was undertaken to determine the stability of LSD in pooled urine samples.The concentrations of LSD in urine samples were followed over time at various temperatures, in different types of storage containers, at various exposures to different wavelengths of light, and at varying pH values. These studies demonstrated no significant loss in LSD concentration at 25 °C for up to four weeks. After four weeks of incubation, a 30% loss in LSD concentration at 37 °C and up to a 40% at 45 °C were observed. Urine fortified with LSD and stored in amber glass or nontransparent polyethylene containers showed no change in concentration under any light conditions. Stability of LSD in transparent containers under light was dependent on the distance between the light source and the samples, the wavelength of light, exposure time, and the intensity of light. After prolonged exposure to heat in alkaline pH conditions, 10 to 15% of the parent LSD epimerized to iso-LSD. Under acidic conditions, less than 5% of the LSD was converted to iso-LSD. It was also demonstrated that trace amounts of metal ions in buffer or urine could catalyze the decomposition of LSD and that this process can be avoided by the addition of EDTA.

well water? or tap water with chlorine?

Good point. Buuuut… Depending how long the water sat there it could’ve been devoid of chlorine.

OP if you didn’t feel it wet I wouldn’t worry about it. Also I don’t recommend it but I’ve literally torn LSD sheets with my hand and it won’t absorb into your skin, may degrade the dose with enough touching tho so tweezers are best but it’s not gonna destroy the L to touch it.

-GC

really....i left 3 hits in a little baggy and left them them in my jeans and washed them....i hung onto them for a little while and then said fuck it like a week or 2 ago and threw them out...you guys still think they were good?

Was cutting a five blotter from a strip. Dropped it into the sink, which had small amount of water in it. Seemed to not be wet that I saw. Think small amount of water got on some of the blotters strips. Would this cause them to not work?

Had tweezers. Didn't even think about sink. First timer mistake.

Also touched blotter when picking them from sink ASAP, when they fell , with hands. Would this absorb?

An issue you could have is that if a some water got into the tab it probably dissolved some LSD.
Then, while the water spread to the rest of the strip it brought that LSD along and when the water finally evaporated that LSD stayed there.
So your tabs may not be evenly laid anymore.

really....i left 3 hits in a little baggy and left them them in my jeans and washed them....i hung onto them for a little while and then said fuck it like a week or 2 ago and threw them out...you guys still think they were good?
Suck on the jeans and see.

If the baggie opened then they were toast. If not you should have taken them for science.