• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

blood thinners to make registering easier in iv use

gia#2

Greenlighter
i have a question i hope someone can help me with.... im suppose to b on blood thinners bcuz i have a protein def. but i have recently been running a substance that causes my adn my bf blood to b thicker then normal,, do u think a half of my blood thinner pills would hurt my bf. i no it wont hurt me bcuz im perscribed to them, but i have suggested him taking a half of one to get his blood flowing again, and he is really worried about it. should he b? im talking once in a blue moon

If his blood is so thick he cant register for IV use you should seek medical attention for his abnormally thick blood rather than attempting to help making it easier for him to shoot. Just my opinion. How thick must blood be to fail to register? Im guessing way too thick to be ignoring the issue.

well it all has to do with what we are doing... we will both register but it just trickles in, i just figured it would b a lil easyer to get that flash,, but he never had a bad problem with it, it is me with the blood clotting disorder. but the stuff we are running is not the best stuff, it has become a big problem around hear.... bath salts,, well what everyone is doing in this area is called crystal clean hooka cleaner, and it is pritty thick stuff, and it smells bad, so y am i putn this nasty crap n my body is beyond me , uggghhhh makes me wanna vomit uggghhh:?

If it's a stimulant you're IVing, it's likely you just can't register from vasoconstriction. I wouldn't advise giving anyone medical blood thinners that isn't prescribed them though, and i'd even be wary of using them even if you are prescribed if you're combining it with drugs, you don't know what sort of interactions could occur. NSAIDs like Aspirin are pretty good though, and are also safe.

Have you considered another ROA? 'Bath salts' are obviously notorious for you not knowing what's in them, and their impurities, so it really isn't healthy to be IVing them. Hell, try plugging them or something.

No, your boyfriend shouldn't take your blood thinners. As nAON said vasoconstriction is more likely to cause diffficulty registering if you are IVing a stimulant than "thick blood", and dehydration makes things a lot harder as well as your veins are less well-filled (plus some people just have tricky veins). Make sure you are both drinking plenty of water.. what substance are you taking which you believe is thickening your blood? I really don't think this is why you are having trouble registering, can't think of anything you could be shooting that would have this effect..

I doubt a blood thinner won't help matters at all, and will cause more bruising afterwards. If your boyfriend's blood is made abnormally thin by your meds then he will generally be more likely to bleed, which is not a good thing at all - people can get bleeding in their gut, for example, or if he had an accident he'd be more likely to have a significant and serious haemorrhage.

In general people should never take medication that isn't prescribed to them, especially if it is for a condition they don't have - it could cause all sorts of problems and there might be reasons why it wouldn't be safe for them to take due to other conditions they have, other meds they are on etc..

I agree that a different ROA is a good idea if he is having trouble IVing as difficulty registering will quickly lead to vein damage and a higher chance of missed shots. Plugging is often a good choice, usually pretty high bioavailability and hits fast for a lot of things so is often the closest to IV :)

I'm going to move this to OD as they are the IV experts here..

BDD > OD

Last edited:
I guess if you insist on injecting this bath salts crap, hydration and possibly an aspirin would be your best bet. Don't give him your blood thinners. You already know you shouldn't, that's why you are here. Be safe.

You don't mention which blood thinner you are taking, and they are all work in very different ways. And none of them actually "thin blood," they simply inhibit coagulation. Sharing your medications with your boyfriend won't make venipuncture any easier, so I wouldn't recommend it.

I have a question after reading this I'm wondering if it is actually a healthier thing to do to take some aspirin if you're Iv'ing. does it prevent coagulation?

the name of the blood thinner is coumidan and i say alot of it was being dehydrated,, but i must say that the stuff i was doing was a very thick , but im proud of myself iv stopped running it and started plugging, its nice nt being coverd in track marks, and i want to also add, that in this area of the usa has developed a very HUGE problem with the bath salts,and if this tells u anything, if i could help in some way to get this crap off the streets i would b the first to speak up against it, the stuff is bad news ... im slowly working on stopping to use it, thank you guys fr the help, oh and PLEASE EXCUSE MY VERY BAD SPELLING, LOL

Coumadin is a hardcore anticoagulant, definitely do NOT give it to ANYONE who isn't prescribed it.

Bath salts are disgusting. I wouldn't worry about "getting them off the streets" these things won't be legal much longer. You should stop using them cold turkey.

Yes, coumarin-based blood thinners are serious stuff. They are actually used as rat poisons sometimes.

Aspirin won't do very much to thin your blood.

Well bravo seriously on not shooting that garbage anymore-along with being bad for you anyway, I'd say bath salts aren't even worth being the cause if any track mark...hope you can leave that stuff behind you soon.

Coumadin is an anticoagulant that has been used for a very long time in medicine. It works by inhibiting vitamin K, which is necessary for clotting or coagulation. People who take Coumadin should have their blood clotting times routinely checked to make certain that they are not taking too much Coumadin, and are not at risk for spontaneous hemorrhage.

Instead of Coumadin I would drink lots of water. 8-10 8 ounces glasses of water everyday will hydrate you. When I have to draw blood that is what I tell my patients to drink. Stay away from bath salts. That stuff is so bad for you. You don't even really know what you are putting in your veins. You are by passing all of your bodies filters. I would put the needle down. At this point.

You don't need to thin your blood to get a register! You just have to know what you're really doing! :)

i was having problems with the rig becoming gummed up bcuz of the crap i was doing, it was very thick and very sticky. and it made it almost imposable to get blood or anything to flow through it. so it made it hard to get a even a trickle to come through, thats y i asked if i took blood thinners if it would help thin it enuff to get through the sticky needle. but it isn't important now bcuz i have abandoned that way of administrating it. thank god lol, but to shed a lil light on myself, i should b on coumadin for a deficiency in my 3 proteins , which i found out i had when i went into hospital for acute liver failure due to hep. c . they found a blood clot in my belly during all this. then discovered the deficiency, so they told me i would be on bloodthinners all my life, but i dnt take them, ( I KNOW I SHOULD, I KNOW STUPID). but i hate to say it but if i wouldnt of turned yellow from the hepatitis( i didnt know of yet eather ) i would of never known of the clotting disorder. so basically im sorta thankful for the hep c showing itself, otherwise i could of never known...... U HAV TO FIND THE GOOD IN EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! THATS *MY* MOTTO

Oh btw the stuff i was doing was called crystal clean hooka pipe cleaner if u wanna look it up for those who are curious . Its nasty nasty stuff yuck

This is oooold dead thread but since NO ONE ANSWERS ME after asking multiple times,i guess Nobody gives a shite! Aint begging for answer again and KEEP change of ROA,Idiot go to rehab,etc,OFF!!!!
I get Xarelto(ribovaraxabin)(wrong spelling,sorry,no one will read or GIVE ADVICE XEPT STOP ANYWAY!!! Aint going thru whole story again just to get plugging Tipps,rehab,etc.Fuc. off with that!) NOONE IN MY SITUATION?Just found nice guy on scene with same medication but shoots in inner vein,i wont go there cause too risky,mine bad there plus me 50and going since 14 (mee such a IDIOT)now trying to go to smoking,never done,i try but feels like and is a waste!!! NOW i got
0.3points of BEST SINCE 80s when
1Gramm gave 10-12 overdoses witout goood tolly going.
Aint gonna get THIS again,so dont waste ur time with plugging/smoking/sniffing.I stop IV(2nd DVT But NEVER EVER WENT FEMORAL,NECK ONLY TWICE FROM NURSE FRIEND) Now on Xarelto i found biceps/triceps vein after 1!!! Search,bloodbank you call it.go deep like with all deep ones,this First i tried.NOW TO POINT,HIT TWICE 100%,but even when i bump on sharp edge of table i get huuge blue/black ponds.I aint gonna smoke that fire,last time in bloodbank(sorry,Mods.am incriminating mysels).Will maybe never get such gear again,WHATS TO DO TO CLOSE THAT FAAAT VEIN AFTER HITTING?I press,hold arm in Air,etc But same ponds after ramming table,gladly little less worse from injecting.At least sumone knows Name of vein?Anyone CARE ENUFF TO ANSWER THIS OLD THREAD
MO

To above poster,HOW U KNOWINGLY DO BONG CLEANER???PLEASE SEE A DOC OR U SUICIDE?
Get help PLEASE

Sorry for that gibberish,most will know what
all kinds(pletora,)me on.
To clear up,me on Xarelto since June last year,NOW after it ALL got fixed,shattered knee cap,Miniskus compl.torn,cast...I got too little Heparin,cast off,straight to i.room.DVT.Had once already,my blood just clots superfast,Know This for loong time.
Could leave Hospital,friend sent SUPER present,on Y.T.and BL.found bloodbank vein right away BUT with All bleeding it doesnt stop due to Xarelto.Did anyway,gear almost overpowering,got little scared cuz pupils nearly gone.Any idea on stopping bleeding(sorry me soo hik vvcant focising