• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Blood in nose when I wake up? (After one night of cocaine)

Deathvalley69

Greenlighter
Last weekend I did a decent amount of cocaine. I'm not sure of the purity. It seemed alright but I've definitely had better. I only snort things occasionally (less then once per month usually). Maybe five days after my cocaine night I began waking every morning with my left nostril full of blood. Also the back of my throat is covered in blood. Once I blow my nose it goes away until the next morning. Some other factors to consider: I have been taking Flonase for the last few weeks. One of the common side effects is nosebleeds. I've also been drinking pretty heavily the last five nights. And alcohol has anti clotting effects. I'm thinking maybe it's a combination of these three things that's causing my nosebleeds? Should I be concerned? Should I see a doctor? I'd rather wait it out a bit than see my doctor right away.

You could always see a doctor if you are seriously worred about your problem. How much blood are we talking about?

As I'm sure you're aware, Cocaine is notorious for causing nosebleeds due to it's caustic nature when in contact with soft tissue, so what you're going through is not really out of the ordinary. Are you using the Fluticasone (Flonase) for a sinus infection? If you're already having issues with your sinuses, insufflating drugs, especially Cocaine, could easily exacerbate the problem.

Update with some of those details and maybe we can give you more specific answers, but I don't think that it's anything to be really worried about.

You could always see a doctor if you are seriously worred about your problem. How much blood are we talking about?

As I'm sure you're aware, Cocaine is notorious for causing nosebleeds due to it's caustic nature when in contact with soft tissue, so what you're going through is not really out of the ordinary. Are you using the Fluticasone (Flonase) for a sinus infection? If you're already having issues with your sinuses, insufflating drugs, especially Cocaine, could easily exacerbate the problem.

Update with some of those details and maybe we can give you more specific answers, but I don't think that it's anything to be really worried about.

This ^^

Two or three blows of my nose and the blood is usually cleared out. Yes, I was taking the Flonase for allergies or a possible sinus infection. I'm going to stop the Flonase and see if things get better. Maybe the Flonase is making whatever damage the cocaine did worse.

Two or three blows of my nose and the blood is usually cleared out. Yes, I was taking the Flonase for allergies or a possible sinus infection. I'm going to stop the Flonase and see if things get better. Maybe the Flonase is making whatever damage the cocaine did worse.

I've had Flonase before (and other daily allergy medicines like it) in the past, and I remember I would get an occasional nosebleed just from those alone. My guess is the combo of the Flonase and the coke just wreaked some havoc on your nasal walls and all that soft tissue. I'd say you're just fine. Stopping the Flonase probably won't give your nasal walls immediate recovery, but it would definitely help I'm sure.

I stopped the Flonase and the bleeding has stopped. Thanks for the support everyone. Was kinda worried I really fucked up my nose lol

you did fuck up your nose.
dont put so much shit up there at the same time, thats was what your body was telling you.

glad its all good now.