View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Blood In Nose After Snorting Ketamine?

thejourney

Greenlighter
Ok, well I've only snorted something one time in the past, a couple years ago. I've had a strong desire to do ketamine for a long time, and I was finally able to get my hands on some. Well I really do not feel comfortable with needles, which leaves insufflation. So I have done it twice so far.

Problem is, the last few days most times when I blow my nose there is blood in it. Now I know snorting things over a long term can damage your nose. But I've only done it a couple times. Is this a common thing with snorting, that will go away in a few days? Or what? I was hoping to do it again tonight, but yea I just don't wanna mess my nose up.

Some people are more prone to getting bloody noses than others, probably because of the state of the capillaries there... but it could also indicate that there are nasty impurities in your ketamine (if you did not see it getting cooked from pharma vials yourself), or that the crystals were not crushed properly since they can be kinda sharp.

But yeah generally K is bad for your nose, it can do damage and in time increase the chances of getting sinusitis and stuff like that, it is one of the reasons why I once switched to IM.

Also, try not to blow your nose too much... the direction in which you blow it and the pressure it puts on your sinuses and eustachius' tube can cause it to 'keep coming'. It is better to blow your nose inwards so to speak. Hock it up. It is not considered very civilized, but especially if you ever have sinusitis it is good to remember.

that's why I like mxe soooo much better. you can eat it :)

I've found that I now get the same nausea that I used to get from a quarter gram of ketamine, from only 50mg. I think my nose is pretty fucked and a lot of the chemical is just dripping down the back of my throat and making me gag, and I've been doing K maybe a little bit over a year. I'd say I've done less than 20 grams total over that time but that in combination with everything else I was snorting totally fucked my nose up.

I grew intolerant to ketamine nausea and vomiting as well, but it is mainly S-ketamine that seems to be responsible for this. R-ketamine is not that big of a problem on the body IME.
Shame, S-ketamine is a great sinking into a warm bath body high experience.

So I should just really make an effort to make it as fine as possible? And if I did it these 2 more times I mean you can't do real damage off of that few times right it's just a temporary thing?

It is better to blow your nose inwards so to speak. Hock it up. It is not considered very civilized, but especially if you ever have sinusitis it is good to remember.

A friend who does coke taught me this cool trick to clear your nose really well.

Put a finger perpendicular to your nose and place it right under your eye, on the bone of the eye socket (about 3/4 of the way up the height of your nose). Pull the skin to the side (it won't move much, but trust me it's opening your nasal passage a bunch). Plug the other nostril with your other finger and inhale sharply. I do this all the time, not just when I'm putting things up my nose. Whenever I'm a bit stuffed up, really.

My friend taught me a method for unblocking your nose instantly. I had a google for the method, and this explains it pretty well

Pinch your nose and nod your head forwards and backwards quickly whilst holding your breath. Once you feel a strong urge to breathe, sit down with your spine totally straight - you are about to take your first breath.

After you release your nose, you are to resume normal breathing but ensure you keep your mouth closed. Resist the urge to take a huge gasp of air, instead, take a smaller inhale and then relax all of your muscles during exhalation.

How it works (apparently).

When you hold your breath and perform repetitive physical movements, all the cells of your body, including the airways, lungs, and blood, accumulate more carbon dioxide [CO2]. CO2 is a powerful vasodilator of smooth muscle which lines the sinuses, bronchi and bronchioles (air passages). A vasodilator is a substance that causes smooth muscle to relax thus dilating the tubular passages it lines.

Upon the airways dilating there is quick relief from a blocked nose. Additional effects are due to the dilation of arteries and arterioles when arterial CO2 is increased. CO2 induced vasodilation improves blood and oxygen supply to your nose.

My friend taught me a method for unblocking your nose instantly. I had a google for the method, and this explains it pretty well

How it works (apparently).
I find it easier to do 10 push-ups or so, it clears up my nose for a little bit as well. The method you posted never seemed to work for me, but that's probably because I hate not being able to breathe so I don't hold it in long enough.