• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Blood Clot In Syringe in EVERY Shot Lately (Heroin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using a fresh syringe each time? Could be dried blood from prior use of an old syringe.

DO NOT put blood you pull out in your cooker! EVER EVER EVER
You're exposing it to ALL KINDS of bacteria.
Mix your shot in your spoons, draw it into the syringe, and test to see if you hit a vein by pulling some blood into the syringe, and when you're sure you've registered, THEN administer your shot.
Unless that is what you do and I'm reading this wrong
This is eXactly what I am doing.. Let me spell it out for u guys...

I mix shot draw up
Stick in vein
Register blood
Push down on plunger- I push down and realize the plunger won't go down, it's clogged
I pull out look at needle and see the blood in my syringe I just registered is a giant clot.
THEN I have to empty out the syringe and remove the clot..

It's been happening over and over again sometimes after I remove the clot and put the mixture back in to try to hit again (after squirting it in the air to make sure it's not still clogged of course) I hit ANOTHER one, sometimes 3 times in a row..

Me scag I wash out the syringe before I reload it. I can't use a fresh rig every time since it takes me a ton of tries before I hit..I would literally go through 10 needles in 10 minutes if I used a new rig every time. But after 5 or 6 tries il usually toss it and put the shot in a new one. I DO used a new syringe every new shot..

Me scag I wash out the syringe before I reload it. I can't use a fresh rig every time since it takes me a ton of tries before I hit..I would literally go through 10 needles in 10 minutes if I used a new rig every time. But after 5 or 6 tries il usually toss it and put the shot in a new one. I DO used a new syringe every new shot..
Just to clarify the clots I'm getting are thick long and gooey, they look like dark red mucus/snot

I am way out of my area here, but the OP says she is not using heat during prep...is it possible she is pulling gear that is not completley dissolved into the rig, and it gets colored with blood, creating a "clot"?

That's highly unusual, and the only thing we can really tell you it: Don't IV coagulated blood under any circumstances!

I have had blood coagulate like you describe during some crazy long IV coke binges, where my arms got swollen n I had a hard time hitting and would get little buts of blood from trying to register. After trying for like 15 min sometimes the rig would get clogged and have solid jello like pieces in it. The weirdest I ever saw was within a half hour the entire mixture inside syringe coagulated to one solid tube like piece of jello blood

The only thing I could think of was maybe because some blood was super dark and some was regular (no not bright like artery) that maybe the difference was making it clot faster. Sounds dumb, but that was usually when it would happen.

I wish I had a pic of that tube like piece. It was gross

I am doing exactly that holy toast however sometimes i don't get a strong registwrjust those little teaser amounts of blood that collect slowly at the bottom, this is usually when a clot enters the needle and i have to pull out to re filter the shot in a new cook cooker and new cotton and remove the bloodclot from the shot.

I don't want to put myself at harm by letting a clot in my needle go to my heart/lungs so i promptly remove it from the shot.. Also whenever I get those small amounts of blood at the bottom and go in not only am i putting myself at risk but there's a good chance ill miss the shot because im not secure in an actual vein, i wait till i get a nice "ploom" that shoots up or fills the syringe with blood before i go in so i get a nice clean bump free miss free leak free shot.

The dope isn't the issue, i can show my cookers from normal shots and there's very very little if any residue at bottom of the cooker. It draws up fine and doesnt have a lot of color.Also one of my friends off here ( who ironically refuses to rotate and keeps stupidly shooting in the same sclerosed inner elbow vein ) uses the exact same dope as me and NEVER has this problem. But then he claims he can know when he's in a vein without registering anymore just by the pressure and doesn't have the same issues as me..

He also says he can't figure out whats causing my blood to clot other than genetics. I also thought I'd mention i usually sterilize the " blood"shots with a tiny drop of vodka per advice and use them immediately so there's not much window of time opportunity for bacteria to collect..

I use a 29 gauge when I can since I have very little veins but also use 27s recently and have the same problem if not more with the 27s..
Sounds to me like you're either pulling some trash into your shot or it's taking too long for you to hit.You'll get some blood in the rig,realize it's not a good hit and try againIf you do this enough the initial blood will begin to coagulate.I wore my veins slam out after years of shooting dope and would have to poke myself a zillion times to hit.I would often get those bloody snot looking strands for the same reason.

Forgot to ask the first time but where do you usually hit?Also,do you have shitty veins,either naturally or from wearing them out?

I've never ever used blood in the cooking process. It seems obvious that is your problem.

Hey girl, I am having the same problem.
The needle keeps clogging with HUGE RED CHUNKS OF GOOEY BLOOD i used like 15 syringes to try to shoot...I read about a few different diseases it could be online. Also one of my feet now is freeIng cold and toes are WHITE (I shoot in my arms only) but I think that means no circulation. Im freaking out I am so scared. PLease tell me what ended up being with u? what was it? did u go to ER or DR? what should I do??
PLease help
thank u

Ok so this used to be something that happened only occasionally now in the past 2 day it's been happening in pretty much every single shot when I pull back or stick in and register.

I use powder dope and always filter it use clean rigs, try to rotate but it looks really gross when I put it back in the spoon before i filter it out again and no i do NOT use heat. Today I noticed all the blood had separated in the cooker that looked normal in syringe.

I am also not overweight im like 130 5'4. I don't eat a lot but im also pretty sedentary and im also a girl.

Can someone explain how to add pics via my phone? Thx
ghrtrt

HELP

Hey girl, I am having the same problem.
The needle keeps clogging with HUGE RED CHUNKS OF GOOEY BLOOD i used like 15 syringes to try to shoot...I read about a few different diseases it could be online. Also one of my feet now is freeIng cold and toes are WHITE (I shoot in my arms only) but I think that means no circulation. Im freaking out I am so scared. PLease tell me what ended up being with u? what was it? did u go to ER or DR? what should I do??
PLease help
thank u

this should go without saying but im surprised at the number of people that complain about clots and then i see them not shaking their shot enough. if u miss and pull out the needle and it has a lot of blood in it u need to pull the plunger back as far as it will go and SHAKE THE SHIT out of it!! shake it really hard and most of the red blood cells will mix back with the plasma

ok i just looked at the picture and i can tell u its because u are not shaking it... dont EVER put a bloody shot back in the cooker (unless the blood really is so clotted enough that it wont fit out through the needle, i have only had to do this a handful of times my whole time IVing), and like i said when u get blood in ur rig u need to immediately shake it, hard and fast, the blood cells with mix back with the plasma and u will have bubbles at the top. u will ahve to lose the bubbles by pushing them out the needle and licking them but oh well, better than what ur doing which is waiting for the shit to clot and putting it back in the cooker. thats VERY bad practice!

the problem is she thinks regular blood in the syringe is a clot. if it were a clot u would not be able to push it back into a cooker, u would have to actually take the plunger out and shake the stuff out of the back... blood does not come out of ur veins clotted. what ur saying about when ur in ur skin and u try and push and it wont go, can sometimes be caused if the needle hole is up against something that is preventing the stuff from shooting out (i have had this happen sometimes, like the wall of a vein for example, and i just pull the needle back a little but and blood rushes in). but like i said the way to fix this is when u get "clots" at the bottom of ur syringe that is the result of u not hitting a vein but those little "teaser" blood gushes u are talking about, then u need to pull the plunger back to the very end of the syringe, and shake the shit out of the syringe

some cut in your dope is causing the blood to coagulate OR THE VODKA IS DOING IT...alcohol will make blood coagulate VERY FAST....put a drop or two in a lil puddle of alcohol or even cologne...My best bet is your problems lies directly with the vodka

i was saying put a drop or two of blood in a little puddle of alcohol just for you to see how fast it really coagulates...it should only take a few seconds and itll be clotted up...i worded it wrong in the post above and it sounds like im tryig to tell u to do that to help your shot when in reality it has nothing to do with your shot..GET RID OF THE VODKA

My husband has a similar problem. There are times when he tries to register in one spot and he only gets that little trickle of blood in so he goes to try and register somewhere else and either he can't push the plunger down cause the needle is clogged up or nothing comes in the vein cause the needle is clogged up.

Most of the time this happens in a two minute timeframe so I don't think it is from blood coagulating. Yeah there are a few times when its been like 45 minutes so I can blame coagulation then but anyone have any idea what is causing it to happen the other times?

I suggest you see a doctor. I've never used a needle but if you keep on, at this rate doing it wrong, you risk Phlebitis, Abcess, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.