• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Blood Clot In Syringe in EVERY Shot Lately (Heroin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say this, with no disrespect to anyone, but how is it difficult for anyone to understand what is going on to a certain extent. Yes putting blood into a cooker is horrible practice, yet if you don't want to waste your shoot and your sick, damn well know your gonna if your rig is clogged and the plunger won't go down. As for the clotting, I highly doubt "vodka" is the issue, where is alcohol thins your blood if anything, I truly hope you dont have a history of dvt's and not know it. Have either one of you had any surgeries, broken bones, major injuries? You might need to get your PTInR evaluated, though that maybe worst case scenario. from the data you have given us i would concur REDHAND... think he hit the nail on the head, though I don't have any formal doctorate yet so BE CAREFUL no matter who's advice you take. I just had this same issue myself, i have thin and rolling viens, and going in the hand with unideal tips, i continuously reregister when im in to ensure i dont miss half way down, which has unfortunately happen.
though the practice of re-filtering in the cooker with blood, knowing there was a clot in there, is so fucking bad, and im not preaching cause i dont it, but i promise you , i thought of just tossing the shot out like damn near every second, its just so dangerous, if even the tiniest clot was'nt filtered out due to you using a gauge that allowed a piece through with poor filtering, your dead, im dead, anyone who else has and does do this is DEAD, simple!!!
In conclusion, imho I'm with the shaking tech., your quality has nothing to do with clotting, someone mentioned the cut, unless your not filtering and allowing cut in, I dont see how its feasible at the point either, vodka yeah NO, and unless you have an issue with your PTInR levels and need to be on blood thinners, than i think your questioned has already been answered fo sho

86'ed... and this thread is months old, my bad- let the noob natter commence

Ok so I am having the same issues and I have spent hours trying to research what the problem could be. I tried drinking more water that didn't help. It is really scary and no disrespect but some of these comments on here are crazy. I know for a fact that you can in fact draw a blood clot up because I do it on a regular basis and I know my dope is up to standard or I wouldn't have it. I have found nothing so far that explains what could be happening. It makes me feel a little better that I am not alone though. Plz someone that knows what they are talking about help.

Have you figured out what was the problem?
I also got a big clot yesterday using a 23 1/2g needle.. When it wouldn't register and I knew I was in the vein i squirted it into the spoon and pushed pretty hard for it to come out.
Since it was such a big needle, it came out but it was exactly as if you would stick a straw in jello. It was the shape of the needle so I'm not sure what it looked like before that.
Well today I used an insulin syringe and a very dark clot ended up in it.
I'm pretty scared being that I have destroyed all my important veins.
I have circulation problems...or whatever it is..my toes and fingers feel like when they're really cold and you put them in hot water..tingly like pain..barely any feeling.

Please help me and let me know how you are doing now!

i have very few locations that i can inject so i rotate but just between these places and my bloods always been thick
but lately its been thicker then usual and now whenever i do a shot it registers but EXTREMLY slow, and i havent got the taste of the meth after injecting
and ive had weird headaches for the past couple days every time i do a shot it feels like pressure, throbbing, sometimes like somethings crawling under my scalp
and my arms (where i inject) get tired very easily and theres a weird throbbing in different spots that comes and goes
and the muscles in my legs have been cramping and staying stiff and feel very heavy when i try to walk
Whats going on.?

whenever i do a shot it registers but EXTREMLY slow, and i havent got the taste of the meth after injecting

I've been facing this same issue lately. I assume you don't have much selection, when it comes to choosing an injection site nowadays, otherwise you would simply use a different one.

In my case, evidence suggests it's caused by a vein that, while it's still functional and looks/feels robust, doesn't seem to be the main route back to my heart any more. I can't feel a rush after shooting into it, but it does deliver the injection to my brain, albeit 10-15 seconds slower than a healthy vein would. Does this all sound familiar to you too?

It's been like this for me for most of the run I'm currently on (4-5 months), and while not ideal, and the situation seems to be stable at least. (I also don't have your headaches or crawling sensation, and couldn't guess how thoae might change anything for your situation.) So without knowing any better, I don't worry too much about it. I'd be extra vigilant about only using sharp points, be doubly careful not to miss, and if something changes for the worse, please let us know.

theres a weird throbbing in different spots that comes and goes
and the muscles in my legs have been cramping and staying stiff and feel very heavy when i try to walk
Whats going on.?

This is an issue that is likely only indirectly related to drug use, if at all. How would you describe your physical fitness level in general?

Yes putting blood into a cooker is horrible practice, yet if you don't want to waste your shoot and your sick, damn well know your gonna if your rig is clogged and the plunger won't go down.

So when your needle gets plugged up, is there a better alternative to dumping and re-filtering? Does diluting with fresh water and boiling it make a difference?

Since it apparently needs to be said (SOME PEOPLE), throwing the shot out and beginning with a fresh one is NOT a valid alternative. Let's be realistic please.

It means you are dehydrated. Honestly just take care of yourself as much as possible. Healthy eating and drinking habits make a big difference in how easy it is to find your vein, hit it and successfully complete your shot. Certain medications have an effect on this also, I know some users who are also doing chemotherapy have a very difficult and frustrating time trying to get their dope in faster then their blood coagulates. Bottoms up!

Best ways I have found to cut down on shots clotting/coagulating is to mix shots with sterile saline instead of water (especially tap water as the blood will gather around invisible particulates and cause a lot of clogged needles. If you do not get your shot on the first or second try it is going to clot. There is no anticoagulant in the syringe that is preventing the platelets from aggregating (and no safe way to add one--definitely don't use alcohol, as long as you're not waiting hours+ before retrying shot filled with missed/partially registered blood there is little bacterial collection to worry about.)) I find that if you have frequent clotting always use syringes with removable needles so you can get the clot out without having to push it through the needle which may clog it. You can carefully remove the plunger and "fish out" large clots with a clean needle (can manipulate level of barrel to force clot towards back end by gravity if unable to reach). Carefully replace plunger until it clicks then point needle upward before pushing out air to not lose some of dose. Draw up small amount of addition saline (or water if all you have) and pull back on plunger and shake to clear needle and remix remaining solution. Can remove needle and squirt full mixture out into clean cooker/mixer then refilter if unable to get clot out other way or there are many small clots/particles in shot. Will not remove liquid blood this way though so still may have trouble registering if shot too dark with blood to see flash. Dilute as needed. 3mL syringes much easier to do this with.

Status
Not open for further replies.