• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Blinking really hard from Amphetamines?

IHateColleg

Greenlighter
Hello!
Usually I don't know whether to post in OtherDrugs or BDD, hopefully this is fine.

Anyway, I got finally got off probation a little while ago(dang near cried coming out of the courtroom, judge was almost proud for me to get off), and also because school picked up, I got a couple Adderalls.
I never grind my teeth or get a tight jaw, but after a couple hours, when a majority of the effects are wearing off, I'll blink my eyes unnecessarily hard. It's way more frequent blinking than when I'm sober, and it's blinking as if I am trying to keep something out of my eye, using more muscle than is necessary.

Does anybody else do this? The more important question is, how do I stop feeling the urge to blink? I rarely do amphetamines because of the comedown, and now that I don't feel comedowns I do this damn eye thing, like Tweak from South Park. Good thing I don't like ampets, and good thing I keep my original citation near my bed to remind me to be extra careful and just not do drugs... But I did get a bunch of work done today.

Thank you,
Ikindahatecolleg

I've never had this happen, nor have I heard of it occurring. It doesn't sound like it's causing you pain or any real discomfort, so unless it continues for a really long time ater each use, I wouldn't worry too much. If you are worried, however, see a doctor.

Hello!
Usually I don't know whether to post in OtherDrugs or BDD, hopefully this is fine.

Anyway, I got finally got off probation a little while ago(dang near cried coming out of the courtroom, judge was almost proud for me to get off), and also because school picked up, I got a couple Adderalls.
I never grind my teeth or get a tight jaw, but after a couple hours, when a majority of the effects are wearing off, I'll blink my eyes unnecessarily hard. It's way more frequent blinking than when I'm sober, and it's blinking as if I am trying to keep something out of my eye, using more muscle than is necessary.

Does anybody else do this? The more important question is, how do I stop feeling the urge to blink? I rarely do amphetamines because of the comedown, and now that I don't feel comedowns I do this damn eye thing, like Tweak from South Park. Good thing I don't like ampets, and good thing I keep my original citation near my bed to remind me to be extra careful and just not do drugs... But I did get a bunch of work done today.

Thank you,
Ikindahatecolleg

Are you drinking enough water?

It causes a bit of discomfort, not pain, usually towards the end of the day...and i dont do it the day after.
I drank a good bit of water but probably couldve drank more.
I took a walk and it took my mind off of it, so I noticed it wasn't as bothersome.

Sometimes not drinking enough water can lead to this.

Yeah, my eyes would dry out if I didn't drink enough water, it's a really irritating feeling.