L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Blackmail

Psychedalienation

Bluelighter
Hi. I'm a 17 year old living in the suburbs. My hobbies include smoking weed, skateboarding, gaming a
bit, and writing/producing music.

I've been caught with a large amount of cannabis and 130mg of MDMA. They initially kicked me out in the 20° rain. Then they let me sleep in the backyard in the rain. Then they let me sleep in the garage bc i was smoking in the backyard and they couldnt catch me. So they have my drugs and any time some shit is said they threaten to call the cops and report my felony drug possession. I can't get back into my house through legal ways because they will snitch and I'll go to jail for years.

What do I do? I will always be smoking weed so that is not an option but I dont know how to get out of this situation. Basically my plan is to stay working at Carls Jr and living in the garage until i can save enough to move out.

Have you thought about getting your priorities straight and realizing that your parents are trying to wake you up before you get to far down the rabbit hole? Just a thought. When getting high is your first priority you're doing it wrong.

Putting me out on the street as a minor in the freezing rain with no blanket and no food or water is not productive or loving.

Have you thought about getting your priorities straight and realizing that your parents are trying to wake you up before you get to far down the rabbit hole? Just a thought. When getting high is your first priority you're doing it wrong.

All of what you wrote is true. Your parents love you, and are worried about you. It's their house, and their rules. In some states and countries if you got busted with drugs, or arrested, they would go to jail or prison, and you being 17 would go into foster care or some juvenile detention center for people who are not yet legal adults, and they could have their house taken away.

Read this article here:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/03/us/philadelphia-drug-bust-house-seizure/

Can you stop using drugs for a long period of time, get your life and priorities settled, and move back in until you save up enough money to move out to your own place or with a friend? You have the rest of your life to use drugs.

Is this the first time they busted you, and found your drugs? Or do you have a history of drug abuse and addiction? I hope things get better for you soon and you can move back in or find a place to live.

Are you still in high school or have you graduated? If you graduated, are you taking classes at all at a college, university, or community college?

Last edited:
What's the point of blackmailing you? Can you figure that out? Don't disagree with them, they caught you with MDMA, serious stuff. I wouldn't even offer you advice but you need it. What they did to you, dont even try to figure out. Its wrong either way. It could be to show you that drug users walk that road. This forum has thousands of pages showing you that's not always true.

You need to quit your use and convince them your done. I understand you, don't be confusing. Do what they are telling you and thats quit.

You have no other options.

Your parents are trying to force you to quit through fear of consequences. They want you to think about being cold or hungry whenever you first think about drugs. They're worried about your future and this is the strategy that makes sense to them. Typically it's a strategy used by people who haven't been through it themselves.

You don't necessarily need to quit, but you really do need to tighten your life up. Not just so that you have a place to stay until you can get out on your own, but being extremely cautious and private about drug use is essential to a successful adult life (unfortunately, perhaps, but we still live in such a society). And as drugs are illegal, it makes sense that they would not want them on their property. You have to respect that.

Are you doing well in school, paying them rent or money for food and are you an enjoyable member of the household?

If not then get your shit together and then you might have a reason to counter their strong stance against drugs.

Plenty of us here use drugs and are successful in life. However most of us are smart enough not to rely upon our parents for food and shelter. If you ended up sleeping in the garage then it says to me you don't have your shit together or are resourceful enough to be dicking around with drugs at your age.

exactly. keep ur head down and cut that shit out. get a real job and move out and as mentioned before be cautious.

using drugs doesn't make u unsuccessful but a lot of people have swallowed a lot of propaganda and realistically shit needs to be down low for so many reasons.

plus you need to be independent if you want to get away from situations like this.

Putting me out on the street as a minor in the freezing rain with no blanket and no food or water is not productive or loving.

You're 17 years old, not a dog.

I get that it's harsh, I do, my mother did the same thing to me. She would kicked me out but not before taking my bag, keys, phone, wallet/ID. I had to get smart, have a back up prepaid in my back pocket, ID/ATM card in other pocket, etc. You're right, it's not productive nor loving... however, what choices do YOU have? In a ideal world, we want to change other people. In reality, we only have control of ourselves and our actions.