• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Black Tar Heroin self-contamination

jamesBrown

Bluelighter
I searched for advice about this but I couldn't find anything. Hopefully someone has experienced the same problem I have and can give me some advice on what to do.

I have some black tar heroin(cut with lactose) and when I had some in a spoon, in liquid form after I added water, I accidentally spilled a good amount of 90% iso alcohol in the spoon. Now I don't know what to do.
If i just leave it sitting out and wait, would all the iso alcohol evaporate leaving just the heroin left over?
I don't want to IV something with iso alcohol in it. I don't know exactly how dangerous that would be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ✌
*so far it already looks like most of the alcohol has evaporated over the past 10 minutes but I don't know*

-jB-

Should be fine once fully evaporated.
Sry, I admit I'm not well versed in chemistry and related subjects.... for the most part. So I don't know if the alcohol will for sure evaporate completely or if there's a chance there will be some left over even if I let everything dry completely.

Isopropyl alcohol is not acutely toxic. So long as it is well dried there should be no problem whatsoever. Even if there were to be say 1/10th a ml of isopropyl alcohol the most that would occur would be pain upon injection. I would advise however to take your time and allow it to fully dry.

if you are paranoid and don't mind possibly degrading some heroin to morphine, you could repeatedly add water and boil it off a few times to ensure total removal of IPR,

Gross, lactose cut sucks. You aren't in San antonio, are you? We have this bullshit here they call 'street ready' which is rare and lactose mixed together. Shit suuuucks

Isopropyl alcohol is not acutely toxic. So long as it is well dried there should be no problem whatsoever. Even if there were to be say 1/10th a ml of isopropyl alcohol the most that would occur would be pain upon injection. I would advise however to take your time and allow it to fully dry.

Exactly. Wait until it doesn’t smell strongly of iso (there may be some very faint smell of it you can’t get rid of. Try until all evaporates if you want to be extra safe.

Gross, lactose cut sucks. You aren't in San antonio, are you? We have this bullshit here they call 'street ready' which is rare and lactose mixed together. Shit suuuucks
Yea I'm very familiar with "street ready". Although I didn't realize that it was only called that in San Antonio. I just assumed everyone called tar mixed with lactose "street ready". I actually got some very high quality street ready the first couple years I started using. I would watch my guy make it. He would drive to Mexico, pick up a ball/mass of VERY pure tar the size of a soccer ball, then he'd take like 10 grams of tar at a time and blend it with like 20 - 30 grams lactose(if I remember correctly)... this ratio of tar/lactose would make it so that you could make lines and snort it. If he used any less lactose, it would still be too "sticky" to cut into lines and snort. But I quickly graduated to IV'ing the pure tar anyway.
But the stuff I was talking about in my op was tar with just a little bit of lactose mixed in to make it easier to handle. And of course it helps the dealers make a bit more profit if they have a little extra cut in their product.