• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Black Tar Heroin IV Technique

Nightlites

Bluelighter
So this question is about black tar heroin. And black tar only.
It doesn't have to do with any of the powder versions so if your experience lies in the powdered versions then this doesn't apply to those at all whatsoever...

I'm hoping to get some peoples opinions and experiences with preping a shot for injection with tar only.
So if you only have experience with using the powdered versions you need not reply.

So I was with a friend recently and I was preping a shot and I went about it as regular.

Put the peice of BTH in the spoon
Add about 40 units of water
Add a small amount of heat, just barely enough to heat the water a little

Then stir the mixture with a plunger from another syringe until its all mixed into the liquid so its. All mixed together making a muddy looking definatly not clear solution. Definatly could not see through the liquid.

Then adding heat to the spoon again until the liquid starts to seperate from the tar seperating some clumps and making the liquid a clear, see through brownish yellow color.

From there I add the coton filter and suck through and into the rig fills up with the liquid ready for injection...

But when I did the second heating where it seperates and the liquid becomes see through... my friend asked what I was doing?!?
I told him that's how its done. Lol

Then he proceded to tell me that all he does is...
Add water.& tar
Heat and gently move the spoon back and forth until it desolves into the muddy non-see through solution
Then add the filter
Suck through filter and inject like that.

He has been doing it that way for 6+ years.
Now ever since i started I was taught to do it my way but i have also seen other people do it the way he was without heating it to seperate some chucky tar like bits, leaving the completly see through brown liquid to shoot.

So is it neccisary to heat it to do that?
Or am I just heating it. When it doesn't actully need to be done that way?

And I know that heating a. Shot of pretty much anything else BESIDES BTH is a no-no because it could disolve cuts into the final solution...

But regular powder heroins are not the same as tar in this aspect so the powdered versions Do not have the same preperation steps so if Youv done powder types but never black tar its not the same no need to tell me not to heat my shot and use cold water ;) lol

Anybody shed some light on this?
How do you prep your tar for injecting??
Health issues?
<3

Last edited:
i think youre probably getting the most out of the shot.

my friend shoots it and usually cooks once and shoots, which leaves a lot of residue in the cooker and then later when hes sick hell shoot water into the used cooker and it cooks up yellow and separates like you describe.

nightlife,

i do basically the same, maybe a little more water. i used to do it without the second heating and after i was shown the way you were taught i've seen no reason to go back. No real difference in potency or longevity, just seems "healthier"...

you could try a micron filter for long-term use, you know, so your limbs don't fall off.

Yea spending 5 dollars per Micron filter per shots a little unrealistic for me. I know people that have been using tar for 10 and 20+ years with all of there limbs intact... do you know people who have lost limbs from shooting dope?

And. Yea I will just continue to do the second heating process to clump the cuts together so they get filtered easier...

And I went ahead and tried it the. Other way and the filter seemed to filter everything out leaving a clear solution as. Well ..

Although I have seen cloudy shots from that method...

Ive never shot tar, god bless New Jersey and their premium heroin.

However, shooting something that is clear and see through would sound better to me than shooting some black opaque liquid that's rocketing towards your heart at mac 1. That's just my opinion.

Yes, I know someone who lost a hand. Check out DJISM's thread titled "Case Studies"

Instead of doing it every shot, why not just run the whole amount you purchase through it for like a days worth of shots?
Trust me, I know with a serious habit, every bit of money helps, but just buy some filters when you have the money for it. You can make them go alot farther if you pre-filter with cotton to get the large particulates out before going to the smaller filters.

There has to be more then 3 bluelighters that iv tar on here?!

Lol just wanna hear some peoples input and steps they take when prepping a shot for themselfs..

Thanks!

And just curious. Doesn't tar turn back into morphine when mixed with water and not used soon after?

Think I might have heard something along those lines but not 100%...

Aannnndd....

Thanks again lol ;)

^ Diacetylmorphine (Heroin) turns into morphine in your body shortly after getting injected, something like 5-10 minutes afterwards.

I shoot tar every day and every night. I dont boil ever. I cook though witih nice heat and keep it moving constantly, letting the cut fall to the bottom after it has collected and coagulated a bit. After, throwing in a filter, in which I use a cotton. I tightly wrap it sometimes in panty hose if I am supsicous of the purity to an extent of that nature, but seldom if at all do I have to do this. Once. And it was fine, without the panty house around the cotton. I dont LOVE tar but i love how it is smokeable/bangeable when needed. I also like how a .2 to .3 shot can knock ya into a fall out even with a heavy tolerance, though i find it is the heaviest, quickest, and most concentrated out of the heroin selection...giving it the quickest withdrawal rate and period. I do enjoy a muddy shot though...muddy bloody as i call it. .3 and oh my lord...of good mexican that is not cut to death and with a good ratio of probably 60/40 70/30 or 85/15 ...and vitamin b12 or lactose I dont mind...I do not like brownsugar, but its not gonna kill you.
Check your shot witih a small dose first cooked, dont boil, wait till soot has sunk to bottom, put cotton in- suck, push cotton around once, suck, and leave the residue on the spoon to dry. Not worth shootin with a second filter or suck of the plunger. Yea. Be safe.

OP, I agree with you.. thats how i always did it.. only difference is, i dissolved it in cold water.. also 40 units. then when it was a muddy brownish soupy mix, i would apply a little heat until the cut separates.. then u have your golden clear water.. which is obviously the good stuff. and filter as u said... u got it right man.. some people have different ways.. but this is generally the best way to shoot BTH. i have seen people not even heat or filter it.. just shoot it all straight in..horrible. i once saw someone do an IM shot like that.. was sure he would have an absess.. so yah common sense and intelligence goes a long way in this game. dont believe every junkie that tries to tell u a better method

When I get tar instead of powder (both are common where I live) I filter the hell out of it with cotton at least 3 times, and never even seen a micron filter in my life. I never heat powder either.. Only tar to get the crud to separate but never to the point of boiling.

Unfortunately, I haven't got much of the info I need from this thread. I was hoping to find more info regarding the water/H ratio along with some tips and tricks from the pros. I'll keep looking. And smoking, for now.

Sorry man, I'm relatively new to heroin myself so hopefully the others can help you more :)

Just put it in cold water and stir with the rubber end of the plunger until its dissolve. Rip the cotton end of a que tip and drop that sucker in the center, then put the bevel facing up into the cotton draw bitch up. Now found a vein and shoot that shit mother fucker have great day, dick. Don't OD please

I'm new here.

I've cold cooked tar, and I've heated tar. IMO the difference isn't so great that it's worth the amount of time it takes to cold cook tar, that can take fifteen minutes sometimes. However you don't want to heat it too much, because you can degrade the heroin, and you also don't want to temporarily dissolve solubles only to have them solidify and clog your capillaries. The whole thing about separating the clumps of tar and all that, I've only found that to even with happen with certain types of tar.